Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 10:55:18 AM »
I don't have many calibration problems with my x52. I do have issues with the cord going into the throttle coming loose thus making the stick turn off (normally in the middle of a white-knuckle fight).

+1! :furious

The first time this happened was right after take-off, my plane suddenly started to veer left into the ground and immediately I assumed I lost calibration. Then I noticed all the LEDs were out on the stick and just plugged it back in as the trees filled my windscreen.  :D
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »
I have tried all the ideas to stop it from happening...powered usb hub, use x52 software for calibration, calibrate in Windows control panel, calibrate in game, and it still happens at least once a session.  As far as telling someone you lost cal after losing a fight, I never would have said anything to them in the first place.  Take the lumps when they come along and just enjoy the game. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 11:25:11 AM »
I stopped using mine because it would go off calibration every day.
Also I had to calibrate it everytime I started Aces high. It would spike horribly even when calibrated. I hear you need a powered USB hub for it... but right now I have a saitek cyborg X which .. surprisingly is very smooth and never goes off calibration. id use it with the x52 throttle but I forgot it in Sweden.

says the biggest whiner in the whole game.

Awe, rumbleb  get outa the vulch-horde and the truth won't sting soooo much :aok

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 11:28:30 AM »
There isn't that much a cost difference........ Why does anybody still buy the regular x52 nowadays?
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 11:35:04 AM »
There isn't that much a cost difference........ Why does anybody still buy the regular x52 nowadays?

My birthday is only a month away!!!  hint hint hint :D

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 11:41:03 AM »
I have tried all the ideas to stop it from happening...powered usb hub, use x52 software for calibration, calibrate in Windows control panel, calibrate in game, and it still happens at least once a session.   :aok

Try these:

Iorbit will clean up your system and the Game booster will close most background processes that you don't need to play the game down, while increasing frames and performance.

Black Viper will help you identify back ground programs running that you can disable, especially useful if your using Vista  (BLAHHH)  Just follow the instructions.

Free program but the full prog is better. There is a way to get it for 10.00 by accepting one of it's offers.

http://www.iobit.com/

http://www.blackviper.com/

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 11:42:41 AM »

Try these:

Iorbit will clean up your system and the Game booster will close most background processes that you don't need to play the game down, while increasing frames and performance.

Black Viper will help you identify back ground programs running that you can disable, especially useful if your using Vista  (BLAHHH)  Just follow the instructions.

Free program but the full prog is better. There is a way to get it for 10.00 by accepting one of it's offers.

http://www.iobit.com/

http://www.blackviper.com/

Thanks Tool, I will check them out Sir!

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »
never had x52, but I have had other saitek sticks, and this is the exact reason I refuse to buy anything Saitek makes. Regardless whether it was the EVO or anything else, I had to recal every few missions.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 01:05:35 PM »
Who's ego is it that actually causes the problem. :)

I was AFK once refilling my margarita. I came back to find I was in the tower. I typed lol on 200 and said i deserved that as I was afk. The kid who shot my plane down came back saying BS that I had started turning. hehehe some folks can't live with just fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 01:21:28 PM »
Never had an issue with my X52...  I'd buy another in a heartbeat if mine died.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »
psssst.... CH
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 02:18:18 PM »
Don't have too many problems with my X52. I do have to recalibrate it everytime I log into AHII, otherwise autopilot won't work but that's no big problem. The only other trouble I had was with the deadzones for the stick for pitch up and down. It seemed to want to go back to center very slowly, which made gv gunning VERY hard! I found out the cord was a little loose though.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »
From all I've heard on the X-52 here on these boards and a few others visited...It's A a POS with some nice lighting effects.

The old X-45 seems to be superior in many ways and fairly problem free.

The X-45 also had a tension adjustment screw that helped many where as if you wanted to relieve some pressure off the X-52 you'd need to use zip ties to compress the spring.

The biggest problems I've read on the 52 are software and loose cord issues. Nice ideas but poorly made IMO.

I bought a hardly used X-45 off Ebay for $36.00 for a squadie. You can find many of them like this since many only used them for games like ms flight simulator for a month or two and in the closet they went.

Glad I got all CH stuff

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »
I used to buy the Saitek X42 but also bought the 10.00 USD in store warranty from CompUSA. I did that for many years, and every six months to a year I used the warranty to get a new X-42 set-up...so for 20.00 USD per year I'd get new gear! However, I did tire of Saitek's quality control, and when CompUSA went belly-up in my area I turned to CH Products and have never looked back.

If you cannot afford CH gear, then by all means, buy Saitek...but seek out an in-store warranty as well.

Just some thoughts...

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
Third

I already mentioned and we talked about it on page 1.