Author Topic: This solves everything!!  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
This solves everything!!
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
LW Arena peeps say MW is this or that. MW peeps say LW is that or this. AvA'ers claim to be gentleman and yadda yadda yadda! well guess what, I've been HO'd in all of them. Twice in the last two days I fell victim to it and was told "it takes two to HO" LOL I never fired a shot so there goes that argument. They are all the same to me. I know everyone will say their version of what is good and right and bad and wrong. Guess what, there is no answer. As long as AH has more than a couple people playing, there will be many varying opinions. It will ebb and flow from this side to the other back to another more than you will ever be able to count.

Can't we agree to just get along and just not do it anymore. Of course we can't. So what do we do?

Eureka!!!

Hey HiTech can you please add a HOing Arena. Once you enter it you can never play in the others, ever.

Problem solved! :rofl
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
Re: This solves everything!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:58:09 PM »
Amen Ratpack amen!       

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »
then there wouldn't be anything to cry about on here or 200. Everyone will die.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »

Hey HiTech can you please add a HOing Arena. Once you enter it you can never play in the others, ever.

Problem solved! :rofl

/quote]

Some of us might get confused with the "HOing" arena after coming home late from the bar, and go in thinking it's something else. Then we would be banned from the others for our confusion :cry.

How about we call it the "Jousting with guns arena" :aok

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 07:11:14 PM »
.....I've been HO'd in all of them. Twice in the last two days I fell victim to it and was told "it takes two to HO" LOL I never fired a shot so there goes that argument.

Not sure why you would merge nose to nose and not fire a shot, at least that way you'de have a 50/50 chance of getting out.

Otherwise, point your nose away and jink a little, or try a leading turn on your opponent.  At least you'de force them into a high angle deflection shot if nothing else, and you might position yourself better for the fight.

If you're looking for chivalry, best to go to DA against someone you agree to the rules with (no firing on nose to nose merges) or something like that.  Otherwise expect to get shot at and use that factor to your advantage.

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 07:39:56 PM »
I try to avoid it whenever possible. Can't always get that way.
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »
Well best one is most will call it " high angle deflection" ok fine. Its a fact of life in any arena, I love clean merges, they rock. How often do I get one? Say about 1 in 25.  :(
I can jink, I can climb, I can dive at 400 mph plus. Bottom line is this IMHO. If one pilot is intent on doing it, its gonna happen, PERIOD!  There are some out there who are really good at throwing a plane in some crazy angles and what not on the merges for sure. Many would consider ther shots HO's, really they are not, but I'd love to see them pull those tricks with a real plane :lol

Bottom line, most of what allot of us see as a HO, really may not be. But damn I would love to see just what the other guy has in a equal merge more often then I do.  In the end it really matters not to me, I'm just here for the fun, I'm not sure why they even keep scores

:salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »
well guess what, I've been HO'd in all of them.

Have you reviewed the films after the fight?  I used to think that I was getting HO'd quite often.  Then, when it happened a few times with a player I very much respected, I looked at the films afterward.  Turned out that from his perspective the shots weren't anywhere near HOs, it was all a connection issue.

Since then I have been very careful before I call anyone out for a HO.

- oldman

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
Have you reviewed the films after the fight?  I used to think that I was getting HO'd quite often.  Then, when it happened a few times with a player I very much respected, I looked at the films afterward.  Turned out that from his perspective the shots weren't anywhere near HOs, it was all a connection issue.

Since then I have been very careful before I call anyone out for a HO.

- oldman

i wrongly accused slapshot once. i made a biiig fuss about it in the arena. then when i logged off, i watched the film. i was waaay off. i apologized here in the bbs for it. the others, i watched the films, and they were.

you do make a good point though/
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
DREDger has it here.  The DA with an ROE against an opponent is where you need to go if you're into "fencing".

What I see as the simple fact of the matter is that the MA is a war.  It's not "fencing".  There is no concern lower on my list than what the current red con I'm fighting thinks is "gentlemanly".  There are so many things horribly wrong with the MA there's really no place to begin.  If you're coming up in a cheesy, out of historical context LA7 to strafe the troops my squad spent 10 minutes trying to get in you WILL get HO'd.  Sorry.  I don't make it a policy to HO because I want to live, but I will make exceptions based on the situation I'm presented with like what I just stated.

Remember what Captain Miller said in Saving Private Ryan when Goldberg was whining that taking the 88's was not part of their "mission objective"?   He said "the mission is to win the war!"

And there you have it.  If you don't want to fight in the war, go to the DA.  You can have your fencing competitions all day long.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 09:26:40 PM »
DREDger has it here.  The DA with an ROE against an opponent is where you need to go if you're into "fencing".

What I see as the simple fact of the matter is that the MA is a war.  

If you're coming up in a cheesy, out of historical context LA7 to strafe the troops my squad spent 10 minutes trying to get in you WILL get HO'd.  

Sorry.  I don't make it a policy to HO because I want to live,

"the mission is to win the war!"

And there you have it.  If you don't want to fight in the war, go to the DA.  You can have your fencing competitions all day long.

I predict that this will now go very badly.  You sir used a fair number of "buzz" words/phrases that are going to set off a few folks...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Padre

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
Be Advised:
Usually I'm in a P-47D-11 or SpitMkI.
I will go out of my way to HO you, especially if you are in a DweebXVI/XIV, LA, or other low ENY Plane.
 :O :rofl :rock

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »
Not sure why you would merge nose to nose and not fire a shot,

maybe he's not a skilless jousting dork like you. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »
Well it does take two players to merge head on, which is easy to avoid. :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 10:47:49 PM »
I predict that this will now go very badly.  You sir used a fair number of "buzz" words/phrases that are going to set off a few folks...

Honestly, I really wish I could find a way to care.