Author Topic: This solves everything!!  (Read 1683 times)

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
Re: This solves everything!!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 10:55:45 PM »
Well it does take two players to merge head on, which is easy to avoid. :aok

bla bla bla  more truth.  Nobody wants to hear the truth.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »
If you're coming up in a cheesy, out of historical context LA7 to strafe the troops my squad spent 10 minutes trying to get in you WILL get HO'd.  Sorry.  I don't make it a policy to HO because I want to live, but I will make exceptions based on the situation I'm presented with like what I just stated.
You are not talking about a legitimate front aspect shot, you are talking about commiting cartoon suicide.  Its a cartoon game and all is fair in cartoon love and war, but I just have a bad feeling about cartoon suicide.  Bad cartoon MoJo imo.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 01:12:48 AM »
HO'ing can be lame but whining about being HO'ed is twice as lame.
Stop whining.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 01:21:53 AM »
HO'ing can be lame but whining about being HO'ed is twice as lame.
Stop whining.

+1

If an enemy plane takes me out with a head on shot, which is very rare I might add, then I have no one to blame but myself... L2P people.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:51:52 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 02:02:23 AM »

Can't we agree to just get along and just not do it anymore. Of course we can't. So what do we do?

Eureka!!!

Hey HiTech can you please add a HOing Arena. Once you enter it you can never play in the others, ever.

Problem solved! :rofl

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 02:47:04 AM »
<------try's to kill you any way i can.
<------has nothing to prove.
<------enjoys watching your plane go down
more than mine  :lol

frogs are people too

Offline slyguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 03:02:00 PM »
You are not talking about a legitimate front aspect shot, you are talking about commiting cartoon suicide.  Its a cartoon game and all is fair in cartoon love and war, but I just have a bad feeling about cartoon suicide.  Bad cartoon MoJo imo.

Sounds like cartoon honor and sacrifice to me :)  Perhaps generates good cartoon karma?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
Sounds like cartoon honor and sacrifice to me :)  Perhaps generates good cartoon karma?

dude.......get in contact with lazydog. that's his ingame name too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »
As far as I'm concerned I'm now firmly in the moot camp. Bring the film and let is speak for itself. If you actually get HO'd and didn't accept the joust then you need to spend a bit of time in the TA (just ask and i'll gladly help). Same for FQ shots, if you get tagged on a FQ shot you either got out flown or did something wrong. FQ shots are snapshots by definition. A huge % of ACM is devoted to moving a con from a tracking profile out to the snapshot window. A huge % of ACM is devoted to moving a fight from a neutral footing to an offensive posture where the perception of a shot window can force an evasive that surrenders any remaining offensive potential.

Yes mutual FQ shots are possible in a 1 on 1 fight. almost all of the good vets will pass on those shots almost all the time. At the same time a FQ shot earned via ACM that comes with risk/reward and a clear intent to manufacture such shot is certainly fair game also. This is no different then a rolling scissor or any other reactive ACM...if the other guy is going to get position 1st then you need to go to plan B....just that simple.

Anybody here tired of lame faceshots post one here...bet you cant find one...when you look at the film (and trust me i have) what you find is lame flying....your own. 99% of the time when I feel I got smacked with a lame shot my own film shows me that the only thing lame was me. If your getting smacked in the face learn better ACM...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »
I try to avoid it whenever possible. Can't always get that way.

That is practical, I'd avoid the HO whenever you can.  Really, it just gives your opponent the opportunity to shoot at you.  Gives you a 50/50 chance of survival. 

The opponent who is dead set on a the HO is at a disadvantage after the first pass, especially if you can lead turn him.  Yes he'll get the first high angle snap shot on you, but you can usually make them miss with some precaution.

When you think about it, the HO opponent is only thinking of that first shot, not the 3 or 4 moves into the dogfight.  That can be a big advantage to you.  Use the high or low yo-yo for example, or split S before the merge as your first move.

High E planes are best to stay close on the merge, low E planes and you should try to keep separation  to get the turn fight started.

But yes, sometimes you just can't avoid it.  In that case you have to shoot, at least you have a chance then.  The only other result is getting shot at without mounting a defense.. Or a collision. 

Good luck  :rock

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 09:22:55 PM »
That is practical, I'd avoid the HO whenever you can.  Really, it just gives your opponent the opportunity to shoot at you.  Gives you a 50/50 chance of survival. 

The opponent who is dead set on a the HO is at a disadvantage after the first pass, especially if you can lead turn him.  Yes he'll get the first high angle snap shot on you, but you can usually make them miss with some precaution.

When you think about it, the HO opponent is only thinking of that first shot, not the 3 or 4 moves into the dogfight.  That can be a big advantage to you.  Use the high or low yo-yo for example, or split S before the merge as your first move.

High E planes are best to stay close on the merge, low E planes and you should try to keep separation  to get the turn fight started.

But yes, sometimes you just can't avoid it.  In that case you have to shoot, at least you have a chance then.  The only other result is getting shot at without mounting a defense.. Or a collision. 

Good luck  :rock

seeing as i usually fing the bad guy above me, i'm generally trying to think of a way to get him to stay low, and a way to gain alt on my evasives.

it finally worked in a spit v spit in ew........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »
maybe he's not a skilless jousting dork like you. :aok

I just hope to one day get the the 6,000+ posts as skyrock has.  Does it help to be insulting and non germane to the topic at hand?

Then again maybe not, after all, who could really let this be their entire social scene?

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 07:28:35 AM »
Then again maybe not, after all, who could really let this be their entire social scene?

If you don't know the man then please hold your remarks about his personal life.

Thanks

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »
If you don't know the man then please hold your remarks about his personal life.
Thanks
(Image removed from quote.)

:rolleyes:  Maybe you should let cryrock fight his own battles, he certainly goes out of his way to start them.

However, since you are taking the moderator role, maybe you can explain to me how cryrocks original post does not violate forum rule #4.   :aok

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »
Again, I was thinking the title of this thread was related to beer...sadly mistaken

-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"