Author Topic: 109 G10 a bit too fast...  (Read 837 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
109 G10 a bit too fast...
« on: January 08, 2001, 01:03:00 PM »
This is a bit stupid off me to post since the 109 G10 is my #1 favorite ride, I am a Luftwaffe pilot in my heart. There are people who claim they have seen me in big ugly blue planes but they are all lieing  
The pictures you might have seen have all been modified and hacked!    

Now, to the point of this post. I don't in any way try to say that the FM in AH is bad, cause I really don't think it is, it feals very realistic so I hope nobody gets offended by this post. Take it easy on the replies and don't flame me.

I did a little test in the 109 G10. Acording to my sources (books and internet) the 109 G10 was the fastest of all "Gustavs" with a top speed of 429Mph at about 22k.

The numbers i found out are not 100% accurate since we use Analog speed meters and it's hard to see the exact number.
I took the 109 G10, 100% fuel and with fuel multiplaier at 0.001 and tested it at 20k, 21k, 22k, 23k, 24k and 25k.

I started out with 5 minutes of full power (no wep) followed by 3 minutes of WEP flying.
I measured the speed with the middle part of the True Airspeed (red) meter.

Altitude:        No Wep:        WEP:
20k              400Mph         430Mph
21k              405Mph         435Mph
22k              405-410Mph     440Mph
23k              410Mph         435-440Mph
24k              415Mph         435Mph
25k              415-420Mph     430Mph

The WEP in the 109 (water Methanol I think, not sure) seam to be getting worse over 22k while the No WEP stage seam to get better compared to the WEP. I don't have an explonation why.

440Mph seams to be the Top Speed while All sources i have claim it was 429Mph and AH Airplane charts claim it is between 450 and 455 (speed of 109K14).

So, comments please but don't be to hard on me.

[img]http://saintaw.tripod.com/jg5wilbus.gif[\img]

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2001, 01:04:00 PM »
I HAVE to get that picture ting right sometime!!

???

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
Wilbus, the G10 had several potential engines thru its service run, and performance will greatly differ from engine to engine.

Our G10 (a late example) has the same engine as the K4, which effectively gives it the same performance as the K4.

If I get the time this evening, I will post some data I have from various sources that show the numbers that mirror our G10's performance.

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

Nath-BDP

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2001, 02:11:00 PM »
The K4 with the DB 605 ACSM isn't even as fast as our G10. We must have a DB 605L or something...

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2001, 02:14:00 PM »
It's got twice the cannon firepower (with gun pods and 30mm) and is 25% faster than the C-Hog in level flight, and can outclimb just about anything....perk it.

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2001, 02:35:00 PM »
Ok, Never mind then. Didn't know it served with different engines, thanks :-)

------------------
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson
III/JG5 "EisMeer"
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2001, 02:36:00 PM »
This is going to be off thread, sorry.

Ripsnort,
The C-Hog is not going to be perked because of how powerful it is or is not.  It is going to be perked because 1 aircraft is responsible for 20% of all kills in the MA.  That airplane is the F4U-1C.  Because perk values are set by how popular a particular ride is, the F4U-1C's popularity is going to cause it to be unbalanced, e.g. if I kill one in my Zero I'll get WAY too many points for it.  The F4U-1C is a victim of its own popularity.  It has nothing to do with the whines or anything else.  If the Bf109G-10 was responsible for 20% of the kills in the MA it would be on HTC's list of planes to consider perking as well.

Got it?

I'm tired of F4U-1C only fliers insinuating that the F4U-1C is being perked because of how powerful it is and thus this list of other aircraft need to be perked as well.

As for the speed of the Bf109G-10, my books indicate that it is hitting the numbers fairly accurately.

------------------
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Nath-BDP

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
lol Ripsnort, don't forget to mention that MG 151s are so much better than the Hispanos, they are so good that they dispers more and are slow as hell which makes deflection shooting alot of fun, ever try flying with MG 151s?

The 30mm is useless except for kills below 250 yards.

The Hispano in AH is faaar superior to the MG 151, realy far.

Don't forget that the 109 locks up past 400 mph.

If the G10 gets perked so should the P51.

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2001, 03:30:00 PM »
I don't see ANY of the current plane set getting perked besides the 1C.

It is, essentially, like a gun package change on the 109's or 190s, 205s, P-51 etc except it has a different paint scheme and ever so slightly better preformence.

If the G-10 or P-51 (or N1K2 for that matter) was perked there would be no replacement. It would leave a huge gap in that country's plane set. But the 1C and 1D are so much alike, that it would take little to no adaptation to the plane. To the guns, that another story, and it's suprising so many people are gun dependent. There are differences between the 6 and 4 gun options on the P-51 and it's flight characteristics, same with the 109's and gondolas. If suddenly that option was removed because it was found unbalancing it would cause some groaning but it would not be like someone couldn't fly their favorite plane anymore.

Essentially it's the same with the 1C. Other then the guns and Marine paint scheme it never had definate place in the US plane set anyway, because the D was there first. Once a F4U-1A and perhaps the stripped Marine versions of the F4U come out, there would be no reason other then the guns, and it would be perk material for sure do to it's lack of filling a role in the plane set.

Offline -duma-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
I've heard some doomsayers predict that the Typhoon will become the new F4U-1C due to its armament. Part of me hopes so - can't think of anything I'd find more funny than an essentially 1942 Brit aircraft being perked amongst 1944-45 übermonsters.  

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »

Originally posted by -duma-:
I've heard some doomsayers predict that the Typhoon will become the new F4U-1C due to its armament. Part of me hopes so - can't think of anything I'd find more funny than an essentially 1942 Brit aircraft being perked amongst 1944-45 übermonsters.  

I've always looked at the 1C as nothing more then an armament option for the F4U with a different paint scheme

The Typh has more quirks, half the ammo load, and fills a very large gap in the British plane set...things that would make it pretty hard perk. Yanno?  

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
Karnak is right. I also would like to add (and I know this will get a response) the only thing the C-hog has that I like is the 20mm. I say the 38 is a better over all plane. For that matter I think there are several planes that are nicer planes to fly than the hog. I've never been that impressed with the hog on here (or on AW for that matter). It is a fine plane but I can't see why everyone raves about it. I know the only reason it's getting perked is because it so popular. In my opinion it should also be based on the fact that it wasn't very common. There were more Me 163's built than chogs! I don't think it should be perked because it's so bad that it is out of balance in the game. I don't think that is the case. I think a lot of the popularity is in the fact that the plane is well known because of the TV show. The pilot makes the biggest difference in any of these birds. A great pilot in a Spit or 38 is going to be deadly also. If you put any of these planes into a situation that isn't to there advantage you will be shot down given all things are equal. For example you better not try to out climb a 38 in a sustained climb with a hog. And there's other examples with other planes. Compare any of these planes side by side and one or the other will be better at something. The best pilots know how to use that to their advantage. I've out dived 51's in the 38 and I here people say the the 51 is the best in a dive and that that can't be done, and so on. I've out dived other 38 drivers in my 38 because they just didn't know how to make the plane do it. So lets all just leave the hog alone and get are favorite plane and figure out how to fly it to it's full potential.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2001, 03:53:00 PM »
duma Pyro is likely going to revise the typhoon flight model.

currently it rolls way to good compared to the data on it.

the actual typhoon was as bad as a p-38 w/o hydraulic boosted ailerons in roll performance.

wish they would put the massive torque forces that sucker had back in as well.
that huge rotor they call a prop is the same size as that of a small helicopter. so I think the torque forces are a bit softly modelled on this and most other aircraft.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Uhh Uhh Uhh, more torque   I get the impression that the torque might not be modeled right also. I read both of Yeagers books. He said the nick name for the P-51 was the widow maker. This was because in a standard plane when you get a "wave-off" you put the throttle to the wall and pull up. In a 51 if you did that and weren't prepared (as with an inexperienced pilot) it would flip over onto it's lid killing the pilot. I'm sure this was pretty much the same with all of these planes.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 01-09-2001).]

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2001, 07:38:00 PM »

Originally posted by Jimdandy:
Uhh Uhh Uhh, more torque     I get the impression that the torque might not be modeled right also. I read both of Yeagers books. He said the nick name for the P-51 was the widow maker. This was because in a standard plane when you get a "wave-off" you put the throttle to the wall and pull up. In a 51 if you did that and weren't prepared (as with an inexperienced pilot) it would flip over onto it's lid killing the pilot. I'm sure this was pretty much the same with all of these planes.

[This message has been edited by Jimdandy (edited 01-09-2001).]

Whats the title of his other book? I have his autobiography but I don't think I've ever seen the other.