Author Topic: Nose vs. Wing mounted Guns  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
Re: Nose vs. Wing mounted Guns
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »
Which do you prefer? Just curious. I, myself, prefer wing mounted guns, and tend to shoot better with them.
nose mounted, no contest. The only planes I will fly with wing mounted guns is the Fw.190 with the PB1 or whatever rockets, the P51, or the P47, wait I will also fly the P39, that cannon in the nose means one hit and you are dead. I fly other planes with wing weapons only under special circumstances. I am best with nose mounted guns as I don't have to wait to take a shot and I will have the best chance possible.

Hey guys I have a quick question: when I fly the P39 it seems like it is harder to fly then some other planes that are generaly concidered newbish planes. Is that just my imagination or is it really there? and if it is would the cannon cancle out any dificulties the plane has, I have flown it for a bit and have dicided it is probably worth it for bombers and BnZ attacks and a slashing style of fighting but I wanted a second oppinion please make answers as additions to your posts not the posts them selves and once you answered just drop it. I don't want to hijack.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Letalis

• Nickel Member
Re: Nose vs. Wing mounted Guns
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 11:13:40 PM »
Wing. Flying the P38 etc I have it stuck in my head that I need less deflection than for wing mounted guns.  When the shooting starters the tracers trails in my gunsight are slightly annoying.  I can get used to it and love the chainsaw effect, but find wing mounts more user-friendly for this guy.
NEVER underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
-http://despair.com/demotivators.html

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -Einstein