Author Topic: Video: Royal Marines capture and sink pirate vessel  (Read 4612 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Re: Video: Royal Marines capture and sink pirate vessel
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2009, 03:37:41 AM »
That does not equate to beeing a pirate. That equates to nothing.

A person whom illegally boards another vessel = pirate

That means you have to wait for them to board  :devil
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2009, 08:53:18 AM »
That means you have to wait for them to board  :devil

This man has it correct.

Lets straighten this topic back out to the first debate.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »
I think this is a simple misunderstanding: The term "pedophile" is a medical term describing a person who is suffering from pedophilia; a psychological disorder in which an adult is sexually attracted to children. A person who has committed the heinous act of sexually abusing a child is a child molester. The two terms are not mutually inclusive; a pedophile may or may not commit the crime of child molestation, and a child molester may or may not be a pedophile. According to the Mayo Clinic, pedophiles make up 65% of child molestation offenders. In law enforcement and legal circles the term "predatory pedophile" is used to refer specifically to pedophiles who engage in sexual activity with minors. The term emphasizes that child sexual abuse consists of conduct chosen by the perpetrator.

Ok, I understand what you're saying. I want to leave this topic alone.

The medical terms heterosexual, homosexual and pedophilia refers to sexual attraction. A homosexual person can lead a completely "hetro" life and never have any sexual contact with the same sex, but he/she would still be a homosexual. If you consistently want to have sex with other men you're a homo, regardless of if you act on your desires or not.

Sounds like 'If you consistently want to ride around in little boats packed with weapons you're a pirate, regardless of if you act on your desires or not'

Nope. How that pertains to piracy however, I don't know.

You would not let an 'innocent pedophile' look after your children.

The RN will not let 'innocent pirates' look after their cargo ships.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:09:02 AM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2009, 09:19:59 AM »
Sounds like 'If you consistently want to ride around in little boats packed with weapons you're a pirate, regardless of if you act on your desires or not'

Incorrect, You are a pirate the moment you commit an act of piracy, and not a second before.

Sexual preference is not the greatest example, you can go on hetero or Homosexual dates and be considered gay/straight without actually engaging in a sexual act.

The RN will not let other vessels use international waters of which they have the same rights to use. The ships in question were not in anyway baby sitting the commercial ships.

Please do not call them pirates until you can prove they are pirates.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:24:48 AM by Apeotomy »

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2009, 09:23:30 AM »
What about the important bit?

You want to argue the letter of the law so accurately? Lets see some equality in that descision you are making for thousands of innocent cargo ship seamen.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
What about the important bit?

You want to argue the letter of the law so accurately? Lets see some equality in that descision you are making for thousands of innocent cargo ship seamen.

My post was updated, At the time of posting that was not part of his post (notices the edit).

The seamen have the exact same rights as the other vessel, they do not get a super special badge because they are carrying cargo.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2009, 09:32:31 AM »
That is where my point is seemingly failing to be understood. Let me try again.

IF any individual believes that the RN should have waited untill these men attacked someone, then they must let the innocent pedophile look after their children untill they actualy attack a child.

In my honest opinion; You and Die Hard have no right to make your point so vehemently. You are gambling with other people's lives.

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2009, 09:42:47 AM »
IF any individual believes that the RN should have waited untill these men attacked someone, then they must let the innocent pedophile look after their children untill they actualy attack a child.

Negative, I am under no obligation to allow a pedophile the responsibility to watch over my child for a night (I assume you mean, as in a baby sitter), However If I am at a mall(or other public place) with my child I cannot govern the actions of the pedophile (who is not doing anything malicious), however the second that he does is the second that I can intervene.

If you see a man who is reminiscent of a criminal, do you gun him down? Do you curb stomp him? No, you wait until he attempts his mallicious deed, otherwise you are the criminal.

In the same manor, it is wrong to believe that we should attack every vessel using international waters that *might* commit a malicious deed.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2009, 10:05:35 AM »
We must agree to disagree soon, I fear. How many reports like the one that started this thread have there been compared to the ammount of reports on hijacks and hostage situations being inflicted on innocent people via piracy?

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #204 on: June 15, 2009, 10:16:18 AM »
We must agree to disagree soon, I fear. How many reports like the one that started this thread have there been compared to the ammount of reports on hijacks and hostage situations being inflicted on innocent people via piracy?

Enlighten me, To the best of my knowledge this is the first incident of the royal navy boarding and destroying a vessel that seemed fishy.

The emotional arguement does not work, it is no better for a state to commit piracy than for a private individual. Infact I would venture to say it is worse, especially when the state can say "Haha civilians its legal when we do it". I'd really not like to start a debate on this.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: June 15, 2009, 10:25:26 AM »
The practical argument is all that matters to me. Common sense. When we are all dead and gone the laws will be bits of paper though our emotions may even last for eternity.

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: June 15, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »
Just crossed my mind. How many of the pirate defenders here have actually lived and worked at sea?
Really, WTF do you expect a fast small boat loaded with arms and crew in a well busy shipping lane is doing?? Selling lottery tickets???

Oh, being well defended against the other small boats with arms and crew....

Take a few rounds on this and the truth will become that the Somalis are armed because of the intruding foreign warships. Security issue.... :lol
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #207 on: June 15, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »
Just crossed my mind. How many of the pirate defenders here have actually lived and worked at sea?
Really, WTF do you expect a fast small boat loaded with arms and crew in a well busy shipping lane is doing?? Selling lottery tickets???

Oh, being well defended against the other small boats with arms and crew....

Take a few rounds on this and the truth will become that the Somalis are armed because of the intruding foreign warships. Security issue.... :lol

I think you have just missed the entire point of this debate.

Reread the last 6 pages, skip the personal attacks and spam, loose the attitude.

Post again if you wish to contribute.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: June 15, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
This thread is done. Let it die guys.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi