Author Topic: Summer time Blues!  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Summer time Blues!
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
For what it's worth, I got rammed 5 flights in a row.  3 times it was from guys who didn't know what the throttle was and ran through me from behind.  All 5 times it was guys going light speed who didn't know a 38G is slow, in particular on the deck :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 02:02:40 AM »
I am elite!!

<----See!! leet!!! :x :x :O
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 02:06:12 AM »
For what it's worth, I got rammed 5 flights in a row.  3 times it was from guys who didn't know what the throttle was and ran through me from behind.  All 5 times it was guys going light speed who didn't know a 38G is slow, in particular on the deck :)

They need to make you fall apart before flying through your airspace.   :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 02:31:13 AM »
Sqeeker season, adapt or take a break.

P38L : im a pro and ill b the trainer today
Ghosth:ROFL
P38L :all form up on me
P38L :im trainer
Ghosth:No your not
P38L : yes i am
Ghosth:no p38l your not, and we dont take kindly to people saying they are when they are not
P38L :well im a pro

Some of the funniest crap ever. Yet I feel bad for the trainers that have to deal with this every day. I think we should all pitch in for a few bottles of extra strength Tylenol for each of the trainers. Lord knows they are going to need in the next few months.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 06:18:18 AM »

P38L : im a pro and ill b the trainer today
Ghosth:ROFL
P38L :all form up on me
P38L :im trainer
Ghosth:No your not
P38L : yes i am
Ghosth:no p38l your not, and we dont take kindly to people saying they are when they are not
P38L :well im a pro

Actual conversation in TA?

ack-ack

Some of the funniest crap ever. Yet I feel bad for the trainers that have to deal with this every day. I think we should all pitch in for a few bottles of extra strength Tylenol for each of the trainers. Lord knows they are going to need in the next few months.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »
Check out this guy, giving Mace (of all trainers!) a hard time.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »
I'm saying this as someone who genuinely dislikes Ack-Ack as a person: Even if everything you said about Ack-Ack's flying style was a 100% true, there would be no need to defend himself from such nonsense "charges".

Let me get this straight...the P-38 is a plane with excellent vertical performance and excellent turbo-charging. The clear implication of these facts is of course that a high cruising altitude with a view towards engaging with positive E-fighting tactics, especially against the many airplanes that have a wing-loading, power-loading, and/or top speed advantage at low alt, is unacceptably dweebish and unmanly???? Mmmmmmmmmkay... :rolleyes:

You seem to be mudslinging at another pilot because he (allegedly) doesn't fly his 38 like a kamikaze. You allege Ack-Ack "cares" about getting "killed"...well hell...even if true why do you CARE about the fact he cares?!? That is on a whole 'nother level of getting worked up over trivialities IMO. Another thing, Ack-Ack has enough perk points to buy a whole air force of Tempests or F4U-4s, yet there he is, day in, day out, flying the P-38 in MA conditions where it is not exactly the best or easiest plane.

It's nonsense? When he goes out of his way to tell new guys how much he laughs at them as he runs? He's a joke!!!

MA doncha mean MW?  :lol hehehehehehehe

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2009, 10:31:29 AM »
  The Dog days of summer..........

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for interjecting relevant subject matter.  :aok  Never ceases to amaze me how quickly topics turn into personal attacks on the way PLAYERS play this GAME:rolleyes:
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2009, 03:02:49 PM »
glad i read this thread  anything from schlowy is pure comedy gold.   I'm still wondering whether he is trolling us all or he actually believes what he is saying is legit.  :rolleyes:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »
glad i read this thread  anything from schlowy is pure comedy gold.   I'm still wondering whether he is trolling us all or he actually believes what he is saying is legit.  :rolleyes:

You ever read any of his old posts in the forums?  If you haven't, they are worth the laugh.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
updated sig    :lol
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »

Actual conversation in TA?

ack-ack

I'm sorry to say yes. Best thing was when he used the vox. I would put money down that he wasn't a day over 10. He was later booted for shooting people in the runway.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2009, 04:05:16 PM »
I'm sorry to say yes. Best thing was when he used the vox. I would put money down that he wasn't a day over 10. He was later booted for shooting people in the runway.

I had the same conversation a week ago ish w/ schlowy.

100% idiot.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
Unfortunately this type of thing happens way to often. Almost every time I go into the TA I see some kid saying that they are a trainer. Then you have people that are new that sometimes fall for it. What happens then is like the blind leading the blind. IMO people that say they are trainers when they aren't should get their test privileges muted for a week. If they want to help then there is no problem with that, but to give people the idea that you are something you are not only hurts the game.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline jocko-

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2009, 10:11:47 PM »
For what it's worth, I got rammed 5 flights in a row.  3 times it was from guys who didn't know what the throttle was and ran through me from behind.

"Honestly Officer, I was just standing here in this field taking a leak... the goat backed into me."
417jocko
XO
351st FS, 353rd FG
"Slybirds!"