Author Topic: Kill and assist credits  (Read 470 times)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
Kill and assist credits
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »
How does the game determine which player to award the kill to and which with an assist? Is it just the number of bullets that hit, or is it based on the theoretical amount of damage each round does? It doesn't seem to matter what actual damage the target takes.

It's a bit annoying blowing the turret off a fully functional tank or a wing off an aircraft and getting "Assist on ####." This seems especially common when killing GVs from another GVs where friendly fighters have been strafing that enemy.

I'm sure I get as many undeserved kills from that effect as I lose to it, so it's not so much an issue of score/rank as it is of accurate reporting. Of course, the player who gets the "real" kill still has the satisfaction of knowing he made the kill, but it's nice to read the kill in the text buffer too.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Kill and assist credits
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 05:43:38 PM »
Damage tallies.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 05:59:04 PM »
If the system is not sure then I am awarded your kill.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 06:04:13 PM »
If the system is not sure then I am awarded your kill.
I knew it! :furious

I like to think 3 assist= 1 kill  :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
I knew it! :furious

I like to think 3 assist= 1 kill  :D

3 assists should = a kill

The most damage is done when a wing or tail falls off... IMO.

The kill should go to the guy who took it off and not the geek follows it down to the ground shooting at it.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:55 PM »

The most damage is done when a wing or tail falls off... IMO.

The kill should go to the guy who took it off and not the geek follows it down to the ground shooting at it.

Who gets credit when someone puts LOTS of .50s or 20mm into a plane and someone in a spit with no ammo takes off the guy's wing with a lucky burst of 6 .303s to finish him off?

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:38:17 PM »
Who gets credit when someone puts LOTS of .50s or 20mm into a plane and someone in a spit with no ammo takes off the guy's wing with a lucky burst of 6 .303s to finish him off?

:aok

I tested that BTW, the guy who put lots of 50cals in him, and not the guy who took the wing off
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
Just because the wing falls off when you are shooting at it doesnt mean I didnt saw most of the way through it right before.

Alot of times the other guy has soften up the plane before the 2nd guy gets a the kill shot.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 10:00:37 PM »

wrongway

I'm not into contract law or detailed writing. I pretty much write like I would talk to someone face to face who could easily understand exactly what I'm trying to say with out having an argument over wording.

The kill should go to the guy who took it off and not the geek who follows it down to the ground shooting.

Like so many of you would say, when I'm on their 6 they almost never get away. In some cases, even though I'm usually the one to put him out of action doesn't necessarily guarantee me the kill.  I'm sure someone can find fault with that too.

I do understand it's perplexity as a dilemma.

50's don't do as much damage per bullet as 20's. Even if it was the 50's that sawed the wing off, 20's can easily add up faster damage points to steal the kill while just one puny 303 can take off a wing using HTC's calculated damage report.

I know this is just a game but how did they work it in real life??

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 10:09:47 PM »
I know this is just a game but how did they work it in real life??
In real life you would make visual identification of the kill and file a claim...
'Assists' depended on the airforce... a lot of countries did half, quarter etc. kills, VVS did 'group kills', and in the Luftwaffe you either were awarded the kill or you got nothing.