Author Topic: .command for E6B  (Read 520 times)

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
.command for E6B
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »
The title says it all. It's not really anything major but it would be useful for me to have a dot command for E6B.

People who use a mouse and lock it with H need to unlock it and click on E6B.

Just something that popped in my head.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: .command for E6B
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »
People who use a mouse and lock it with H need to unlock it and click on E6B.

Open E6B at the start of your flight. No need to use mouse during the sortie, ESC bring up map with E6B already open then.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33:46 PM »
Well it wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't be hard to put in the game. Just something to throw in there with the next patch?

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 08:42:18 PM »
Well it wouldn't hurt and it wouldn't be hard to put in the game. Just something to throw in there with the next patch?

How do you know it wouldn't be hard to do?  Care to share the coading?

It's never hard to do if someone else has to do it.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 08:49:24 PM »
Ok how about this. It probably wouldn't be hard to do. That make you feel any better?

I honestly don't think it would be hard for HTC staff to do that. They are good at what they do.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:25 PM »
It would be usefull if it was as simple as the .sr command. It would also be usefull to have .roster, but all these things are only a few clicks away already.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »
Or how about this?

Open E6B at the start of your flight. No need to use mouse during the sortie, ESC bring up map with E6B already open then.

Make the button that you use to pull up the clipboard programmable!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 08:59:20 PM »
It would be usefull if it was as simple as the .sr command. It would also be usefull to have .roster, but all these things are only a few clicks away already.

Ya, like I said, nothing major. The radio channels are only a few clicks away too. They have a . command. Ex.  .radio 3 200. Thats a pretty bad example but thats all I can think of right now.

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:06 PM »
Ya, like I said, nothing major. The radio channels are only a few clicks away too. They have a . command. Ex.  .radio 3 200. Thats a pretty bad example but thats all I can think of right now.

Ok here is a better example. You can chose a plane by typing .plane (plane number) in the hangar. The only one I know is .plane 89 which would be the RV8.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »
Pressing esc is quicker than accessing the radio buffer and then typing in .e6b
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 09:28:26 PM »

Clicking on a plane to fly is quicker than typing .plane (#).

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 09:33:20 PM »
Nope.  You can change plane, loadout, and fuel amount in the tower and then take off on the runway you want faster than going doing everything by moving from tower to hangar and by clicks in the hangar.

.plane 41
.fuel 1
.loadout 0 0
.fly 1

The metric here is what the fastest way is.  So if .e6b was faster than pressing esc, it'd be worth modeling.  Come to think of it, you do lose the e6b when you bring up some (not all) of the other pages.. either .sr or war status (for eny values) or strat reports, or CV waypoint command.  So it's not totally invalid a request.  But you shouldn't hold your breath for it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 10:01:00 PM »
Nope.  You can change plane, loadout, and fuel amount in the tower and then take off on the runway you want faster than going doing everything by moving from tower to hangar and by clicks in the hangar.

.plane 41
.fuel 1
.loadout 0 0
.fly 1

The metric here is what the fastest way is.  So if .e6b was faster than pressing esc, it'd be worth modeling.  Come to think of it, you do lose the e6b when you bring up some (not all) of the other pages.. either .sr or war status (for eny values) or strat reports, or CV waypoint command.  So it's not totally invalid a request.  But you shouldn't hold your breath for it.

Ok, no point in debating over a little topic like this. Just an idea. If it gets put in, great. If not, oh well, no big deal.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 12:05:11 AM »

No, it isn't. Many of us have sticks or keyboard that can do the macro for us.

I currently have macros set up on my keyboard to kill engine 1, kill engine 2, restart both engines, exit flight, and view commands. If I used the clipboard, it would take much longer.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:08:48 AM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 01:50:50 AM »
Map Esc to a button as a one-key macro?  I was just hashing out just how much of a shortcut this would be.  Not much IMO.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you