Author Topic: Recommened Flight Pedals?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Recommened Flight Pedals?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »
One of the guys in my squad rigged a set out of an old joystick. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 06:40:08 AM »
Sounds like Saitek is the way to go. Would be a good match too for my Saitek X52 controller.  :)

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 07:16:54 AM »
The Saitek peds are way cheaper than the CH peds as well. Saving for a set myself.

Good luck Latrobe.  :salute
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »
Roo-peds
Up past 5 yrs now and still working.. 

Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »
A twisty stick provides much better fine control of the rudder than any set of pedal ever could. I wish real airplanes had twisty sticks now.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 05:43:36 PM »
A twisty stick provides much better fine control of the rudder than any set of pedal ever could. I wish real airplanes had twisty sticks now.

Not even close.

Pedals give much better control than does a twisty stick. With pedals you don't get any inadvertent input of the rudder when moving the stick like you do with a twisty. There is greater travel in a set of pedals compared to a twisty stick so a more finite control with the peds.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »

:O

You're kidding...  Right?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 08:09:12 PM »
No...I'm not kidding.

I've got over 10,000 in real airplanes including aerobatics.

And I've got about the same amount flying virtual airplanes using both rudder pedals and twisty sticks.

The twisty stick far exceeds the rudder pedal for fine control. Of course, I fly with everything at 100% sensitivity and only need my fingertips.

A bit of pressure gives me full rudder versus moving my foot and trying to achieve precision. No contest.

If you fly with a death grip, white knuckles glowing then a twisty stick isn't going to work well.

I wish real airplanes had twisty sticks. What would be even better (Both real world and virtual)  is a rotating axis on the throttle that worked the rudder but I haven't seen anything like that available.

Your feet are for walking and kicking stuff.

I realize folks like the immersion of rudder pedals. I do to but it really isn't a contest when it comes to precise control.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 08:30:31 PM »
And there are players that prefer a mouse over any joystick ;)

But for 99% of all people, pedals will allow for much more precise control and much less unwanted cross-controlling.

When I went from twisty to pedals after almost a decade, it was like opening the door to a new level...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:38:28 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:35 PM »
When I went from twisty to pedals after almost a decade, it was like opening the door to a new level...

Same here.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »

Yes you can. SIMPED pedals, made in Germany :)

I tried to find a pair of those a year or two ago. As I recall the maker of those had died and the whole production process was on hold. I have not checked since to see if they finally started up production again. They were definitely a top notch product.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs