Author Topic: Beta is out  (Read 4221 times)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Beta is out
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 04:29:58 PM »
Will the grapihic improve with the update?
Strokes

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »
WELL....I guess maybe I'll get to decide if I'm gonna upgrade or unsubscribe.

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »
Will the grapihic improve with the update?

Certain aspects. Lighting, shadows, reflections and terrain mainly.
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »
HTC, Wtg with the patch.
Looks awesome, and the Brewster is great  :salute

Canīt crank up the details though, so please do tell the system specs needed to play this new version on full details, and ill go and buy that hardware.
(Really, i want to know whats needed... iīm not squeaking)  :devil

-=Die RammjÃĪger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 04:38:00 PM »
HIGH-RES TEXTURE PACKAGE. 

HTC, Wtg with the patch.
Looks awesome, and the Brewster is great  :salute

Canīt crank up the details though, so please do tell the system specs needed to play this new version on full details, and ill go and buy that hardware.
(Really, i want to know whats needed... iīm not squeaking)  :devil

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline GuyNoir

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 04:38:39 PM »
For everyone threatening to throw in the towel, didn't they say that they haven't finished the lowered graphics detail options yet in the beta?  Once those go live, it sounds like you'll get your precious framerates back...  :D

edit.  Oh, and for others wondering about PC upgrading options, here's a butt-kicking gaming machine for 500 bucks: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366177

If you cannibalize your old PC, you could buy just the motherboard, processor, and video card for ~$269...  The 4 gigs of ram is 45 bucks.  The video card is ~100 bucks. 

It's really not as dramatic to upgrade a PC as you might think. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:45:52 PM by GuyNoir »

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 04:38:59 PM »
Might unsubscribe too. Running a solid 3 frame rates. :(
For everyone threatening to throw in the towel, didn't they say that they haven't finished the lowered graphics detail options yet in the beta?  Once those go live, it sounds like you'll get your precious framerates back...  :D
Hopefully.

Offline Kotari

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
HIGH-RES TEXTURE PACKAGE. 

Nope, had it already.
If i crank it up in options, i can go anything between 60 (V-Synced) to slow as a mime.
Seriously, hardware specs please  :x
-=Die RammjÃĪger VIII=-
Lentolaivue 34

"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults"

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 05:00:12 PM »

edit.  Oh, and for others wondering about PC upgrading options, here's a butt-kicking gaming machine for 500 bucks: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366177

If you cannibalize your old PC, you could buy just the motherboard, processor, and video card for ~$269...  The 4 gigs of ram is 45 bucks.  The video card is ~100 bucks. 

It's really not as dramatic to upgrade a PC as you might think. :)

It ain't the money. Graphics isn't going to change the game and its only marginally enjoyable for me after 10 years online. Now if HTC announced the new version would come with no icon historical arena that featured the P38 50 weeks out of the year then I'd consider building a new machine. If HTC also announced all player driven ground vehicles would be eliminated and ack guns would fire at friend or foe alike in the main arena then I'd buy five years in advance and build a monster rig.

But I suspect none of the above is likely so when the update is forced I will have to search my soul. It won't take long. It aint very big.

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 05:05:50 PM »
I think it would be good to browse through FPS test thread and try to figure out if similar systems perform better indicating that there is something wrong with the setup, most likely corrupt drivers, DirectX etc.

Of course if some other game with as heavy or heavier graphics runs OK it could indeed be caused by the game.

My FPS was around 30-50 with one notch of AA and all goodies on but sliders abt middle.

Intel 9300, GF8800GT.

-C+

PS. The cocpit shadows look very very good and add as much immersion as I though. Maybe a slider to add contrast to them?
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »
First of all it looks great in general, love the I-16 and the Brewster.  The Brewster is much more responsive than I thought it would be and the I-16 a little less than I expected but I like them both.

I have a relatively new and pretty high powered machine (Intel E6750 overclocked to 3.2 Ghz, 4 Ghz DDR2 800 RAM and a 8800 GTS 512 Mb G92 ) and my frames were dropping into the mid-low 40's at times with all eye candy and all my card's graphic settings maxed.  There was also some slight stuttering as I looked around from the cockpit but not major.  Normally in AHII I never budge off my monitor's refresh rate of 60.

The shimmering is a bit annoying and may be contributing to my FR's.  I also noticed that from the air the sea horizon is bumpy/jagged, like it's hilly or mountainous.

I also copied my AHII settings over and for some reason the gear and flap sounds almost blew my ears out the first time I used them.  I had to crank one down to 70% and the other to 50%.  I also had to reduce my gamma from 1.0 to .75 so the terrain wouldn't look washed out.

Hopefully there will be a sticky to start posting this stuff in.

WTG HT.  It's gonna be great.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:13:53 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2009, 05:25:32 PM »
I also noticed that from the air the sea horizon is bumpy/jagged, like it's hilly or mountainous.
Did you check the "show horizon" option in the graphics settings?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 05:29:32 PM »
playing new beta > nba draft

now knicks, trade up and get rubio. or sit and take lawson. my night will be complete.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »
Did you check the "show horizon" option in the graphics settings?

Yes
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 06:14:43 PM »
Can you post a screen of it over in the Beta forum?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you