Author Topic: <S> to the beta arena  (Read 1257 times)

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
<S> to the beta arena
« on: June 27, 2009, 08:22:53 PM »
a big <S> to all who have been in the beta arena since the release.  I haven't had this much fun in quite some time.  Folks leaving others to 1 vs 1 unless a call for help goes out.  No HO's on 1st pass, no smack talk on 200.........it's been a blast, everyone learning the new planes and helping out with graphics and fr issues.  Now if we can only get the MA to behave the same........................
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: <S> to the beta arena
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »
It's pretty good.  Like the DA used to be.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Cooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:57:10 AM »
Yep some great fights, and good sportsmanship and that Brewster is a blast to fly   :aok

Cooleyof 367th

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 02:02:25 AM »
  Folks leaving others to 1 vs 1 unless a call for help goes out.  No HO's on 1st pass, no smack talk on 200

I guess you and I are flying in different beta arenas.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
Here's what furball Island in Beta looks like right now.

From the Icons can I just say knob heads

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 09:58:29 AM »
yup beta has been a blast but now the noobs got in there.just went in there .the new planes are a lot of fun they'll be a lot of fun in EW if only more people would go in EW

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »
I flew one sortie in the Beta arena. I took up a Brewster.

During the flight, I had to evade three blatant HO attempts. One by a P-38, one by a Dora and one by another Brewster. I saw a 6 on 2, which I broke up, shooting down one and chasing off two others. I ended up shooting down a couple of I-16s and a 109F. The 109 driver and I attempted to fly a 1v1, but both enemy and friendly fighters were trying to pick us much of the time. I eventually shot down the 109, but no less than two guys tried to gun his wingless plane as he fell. I landed the 3 kills and logged off. The BETA is now becoming loaded with thoughtless noobs and no-skill DA denizens.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
Although the game looks better, it's still going to be played by the same people. Aside from the numbers, I don't see any changes in gameplay whatsoever. My very first sorties began with bombs falling on the hangars around me. My fights in the center were much like WW describes, except for the bits about shooting the other guys down.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 11:19:05 AM »
Yep. The last time I was in I got HO'd, then fter I got on the guys tail he stirred his stick like a champ waiting for the 6 Brewsters to cherry pick me off his tail. Eventually I got HO'd again, oil got hit, and I left. I was only there to check my FRs anyways.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 11:19:50 AM »
I flew one sortie in the Beta arena. I took up a Brewster.

During the flight, I had to evade three blatant HO attempts. One by a P-38, one by a Dora and one by another Brewster. I saw a 6 on 2, which I broke up, shooting down one and chasing off two others. I ended up shooting down a couple of I-16s and a 109F. The 109 driver and I attempted to fly a 1v1, but both enemy and friendly fighters were trying to pick us much of the time. I eventually shot down the 109, but no less than two guys tried to gun his wingless plane as he fell. I landed the 3 kills and logged off. The BETA is now becoming loaded with thoughtless noobs and no-skill DA denizens.

My regards,

Widewing
I think the excuse I heard was that they were checking to make sure the Ho and Pick modelling was correct.   :D
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »
I haven't been back there since the first day.  1 on 5 is fun for a while.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
We should all get on the same country and club em.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »
I must have been on during the off times then, I haven't really seen much base taking in there.  Just fun fights in the Brewster and I16 (which I managed to compress in a relatively short  time). 
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »
I think the excuse I heard was that they were checking to make sure the Ho and Pick modelling was correct.   :D

:lol

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 12:01:33 PM »
Yeah and a "Great Job" to the numbnutz squeakez that captured all the bases near tank town.  Way to go for removing any hope of people trying to get acquainted with GVing in tank town.  What a bunch of frigging morons!  They should make all bases near Tank Town uncapturable in the Beta!  But I've always wished they would make them uncapturable in the regular arenas as well... sigh...

All the Best...

Jay
  awDoc1
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!