Author Topic: <S> to the beta arena  (Read 1259 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> to the beta arena
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »
I've been lucky enough to have several really fun, really long, uninterrupted 1 on 1 fights in the Beta Arena. 

On another note, does the Brewsters flaps out stall characteristics feel very odd to anyone else?  I'm not saying they are wrong or anything, I've just experienced some odd stalls.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
Not been into the Beta much but had a fun 1v1 with Bubi earlier<S>. the was another guy from each country nearby but they had a 1v1 as well rather than trying to pick.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 10:39:07 PM »
As Patches and Mace have pointed out.........it is for finding major flaws or Bugs, IT has always been my experience that when a Beta comes out or new beta patch those that are really there to find flaws or problems are usually the first to get in there and really give it a run through in various platforms......
along with this comes flying with good etiquette and manners..and even a few or so flying back and forth as drones to others so they can find inconsitenceys like insta flames or insta oil leaks etc on the different planes or what have you.......then eventually you will get the MA mentality showing up and things begin to foster back toward your regular arena game play.
With the select few who are really truly there to do what the Owners have requested of the users/players and post every conceivable problem they can find......

is why you have your Alpha testers, Closed Beta Testers, then your open beta people........ The Secret Alpha and Closed beta testers are the true heros who really ring the new game/patches out ( patches in as like this new overhaul patch version coming up )  they never get the respect due them really........but they really do a fantastic job......

<S> to those who really test more as if it was a job than pleasure playing the game.........for the betterment of gameplay for us all......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 03:17:36 AM »

On another note, does the Brewsters flaps out stall characteristics feel very odd to anyone else?  I'm not saying they are wrong or anything, I've just experienced some odd stalls.

Yer man!  Strange feel on the edge as it sometimes feels your entering a flat spin without the spin.  Then is slides back together and off you go again.

P.S  you can flat spin the I-16 with flaps down.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:19:07 AM by LYNX »