Author Topic: baling from bombers  (Read 2029 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
baling from bombers
« on: July 03, 2009, 05:37:02 AM »
would it not be a good idea if someone bales from bombers after bombing a base the nearest pilot in that sector should automatically get the kills and the bomber should have 1000 perks taken off him. :mad:

This technique of game play is boring and stupid, in my opinion it equal to a cheat - bomb a base bale and come back in c47 to take base lots of skill in that. :mad:

why chase a set of bombers for 10 mins when they bale when they see you coming into range!

yes its a game with cartoon planes but please if your going to bomb a base let me try and shoot you down :D
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: baling from bombers
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 05:45:40 AM »
I've seen it many times. You go after a set of buffs in your trusty fighter only to have them bail (out of impatience), and chicken out of a good fight with the possibility of the buff pilot winning and carrying home a kill.

The "immediate gratification" crowd is annoying, but nevertheless they exsist.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 05:49:51 AM »
Its times like these that you wished the bomber pilots family dog had a nasty disease.  So when there mum is rude with the dog she gets the disease and the bomber catches it shortly afterwards.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:22:23 AM »
Its times like these that you wished the bomber pilots family dog had a nasty disease.  So when there mum is rude with the dog she gets the disease and the bomber catches it shortly afterwards.
As the fellow above me once said on 200 oh look chaps Berlin below us OK every one get ready to bail.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:47:07 AM »
That made me laugh lyric.  Good one!   :rofl
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 07:57:08 AM »
Every now and then life calls, "even tho odds of it calling right after you drop is are pretty small". For the most part however this is among the dweebiest aspects of the game. We have some that tower out in a GV as soon as they see the enemy too, even if its still a proxie kill.

I remember one big GV mission we ran where one dweeb bomb and bailed from Lancs numerous times, ruining the mission. He didnt even bother landing his Lanc-stuka kills. :mad:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »

Oooooooooooooh!!!!  Dis jus BURNS mah bacon!!!!  Take all dem lop-eared bomber-bailin varmints and fill em full o' hot smokin lead!!!!  DAAAAAAAG NABIT!!!!

Seriously... its really does just steam me to no end when I see it happen.  Not sure how you will ever change it though.

***G3-MF***

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 10:25:41 AM »
I hate these type of dweebs with a passion. :furious :furious :furious This was happening alot at a base we were trying to defend last night, set of buffs come in and as soon as they released the person would bail. Just pathetic, if you are that person this is me giving you a special one finger salute!!! to all others :salute
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 11:23:43 AM »
As the fellow above me once said on 200 oh look chaps Berlin below us OK every one get ready to bail.

:rofl

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 11:59:12 AM »
Obviously sometimes you have no choice, but if there is a lot of cons around then its a bit of a cop out. I don't like flying all the way home either. If its just one guy trying to chase you down and you have to wait for him to climb or whatever, then too bad so sad for him. I'm going on to the next fight. My time is valuable he should have upped earlier. :lol More often than not when I am done doing a level bomb i take my planes right down in the mix and start hitting red stuff!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 12:06:35 PM »
lol @ bomber bails no easy points for your score card = wahh wahh  :cry  :rofl

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »
last night it was quite the opposite for me. On two separate occasions I had an aircraft get on my six he would fire on my 17's he would get a fuel cell and I would send a wall of .50 at him. he would stick around long enough and dodge just right to get a drone and then he would run from the fight and land two kills. I find  fighter types like this just as frustrating as the buff drivers who ding dong ditch.

It's a two way street. don't start something you can't finish.    :aok

If I have a lone guy chasing me I will throttle back so he can catch up. Most fighters aren't expecting a buff to slow so they can catch up.  Some of us love a dirty fight in a set of buffs, especially after a long flight to the target(s)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:26:56 PM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 12:26:03 PM »
I don't see it as a problem.  Those that do it can't possibly be getting any personal satisfaction and will probably get bored quickly and move on to something else.

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »
last night it was quite the opposite for me. On two separate occasions I had an aircraft get on my six he would fire on my 17's he would get a fuel cell and I would send a wall of .50 at him. he would stick around long enough and dodge just right to get a drone and then he would run from the fight and land two kills. I find  fighter types like this just as frustrating as the buff drivers who ding dong ditch.

It's a two way street. don't start something you can't finish.    :aok

One fighter doesn't carry the ammo of 3 b-17's. Perhaps if formations for fighters were enabled for attacking bomber formations he could finish what he started..........

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
I can understand that if he was coming in blazing with his guns. That was not the case though. It was a quick in a small burst and then he became a shadow.  :aok
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario