Author Topic: baling from bombers  (Read 2028 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: baling from bombers
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 02:32:33 PM »
last night it was quite the opposite for me. On two separate occasions I had an aircraft get on my six he would fire on my 17's he would get a fuel cell and I would send a wall of .50 at him. he would stick around long enough and dodge just right to get a drone and then he would run from the fight and land two kills. I find  fighter types like this just as frustrating as the buff drivers who ding dong ditch.

It's a two way street. don't start something you can't finish.    :aok

If I have a lone guy chasing me I will throttle back so he can catch up. Most fighters aren't expecting a buff to slow so they can catch up.  Some of us love a dirty fight in a set of buffs, especially after a long flight to the target(s)

If I can get some clarification please?  He fired until you started burning then waited for you to die?  X 2?  If so, why waste ammo on a plane that is just as good as dead?

Personally, I can't hit squat as a bomber gunner and usually do not have the patience to get into proper position to attack from a fighter.

As for the OP, they should increase the proxy distance to icon range.  If I can actually get close enough I will try to throw some rounds into all three bombers "just in case".

What I've seen lately is a tail chase on high buffs.  Takes five minutes to climb to them when you can finally find them.  Then another five to ten minutes trying to catch up as they continue to climb up past 25k. Finally, just as the icon pops up, or better just as you get into firing range, they bail.

HTC did offer up the suggestion a few years ago that bomb damage wouldn't "count" if the bomber didn't survive for a certain amount of time after dropping as a deterrent to low level bomb and bailing.  It was seriously shot down by the community.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »
IMO if does that whatever they damaged on the ground that sortie should automatically pop back up once that person bails.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »
Bailing Buff Pilots do annoy me as they give honest buff pilots (well if there is such a thing in a game) a bad rep. However, again it's their money and if they want to be a butthole and deny a person some combat then thats their thing. I will say this though, there are alot of fighter pilots that will also bomb and bail, so don't just lump this in as a buff thing. Many times I've seen a P51 or a tiffie fly in, drop the ord and radar at a base, and then bail. Same thing with CV's, fly in, bomb and bail.

I agree that bombing and bailing is a lame tactic, however, do unto fighters as you would do unto bombers as there are alot of people on both sides of the fence that do this.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 02:53:58 PM »
You can short burst the 17's with 20mm and get a fuel leak or an engine.

He fired until you started burning then waited for you to die?

pretty much. I even asked the guy why he was running. I never got a response from him.

I usually slow down if I see a someone climbing to me or if they are chasing me. I know that it can be a pain in the butt to chase buffs down and I don't like to run from fights and the prospect that the person chasing me might nail me while I'm trying to land is never appealing.

HTC did offer up the suggestion a few years ago that bomb damage wouldn't "count" if the bomber didn't survive for a certain amount of time after dropping as a deterrent to low level bomb and bailing.  It was seriously shot down by the community.

I think this is rule is needed, any player that bails without being shot down should suffer a few penalties.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:56:02 PM by Ciaphas »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline qcarech

• Zinc Member
      • 364th C-hawks website (currently being updated)
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 03:09:25 PM »
im a straight up buff pilot, when i go on a run, after i drop, if no1 is around (enemy) i will punch out when bingo. but if i see just a dot outta icon range ill wait an see if its a red guys an wait for him. i dont think u should punch out if some 1 is climbin up to u , thats lame. but as a buff pilot an head of the chawks bomber wing, i cant an will not try an rtb every sortie. if i did, id only get a cpl in a nite, as buffs take forever to climbout an get to trgt an rtb. thats 1 thing fghtr guys dont get, us buff guys have alot slower an more borin of a flight. But never ever as a buffer, bail if a red guy is tryin to get to u. thats just not cool. no matter how many bad guys, always fight it out (imo) but if skies r clear an u dont wanna fly allthe way back, who cares.
when ur alone it becomes about points an such an i really dont care about points, i care about gettin my ords to trgt. and again this is all in my opinion. but i agree, dont bail to avoid a fight. its not cool.
<<S>> QcareCh
QcareCH/Rich Ellis
CO 364TH CHAWKS
Wing Leader 364TH CHAWKS AG
One of 364th Trainers in Attack/Bombing
Full-time crash test dummy

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »
In regards to shooting down two bombers and then retiring i thought it was good manner's, it lets you land any kills and get you your perks :D

I am having fun at present taking bombers out with rockets on one pass, i am collecting recordings to watch when i am drunk  :x , so if you see a P51 with Canadian markings please let me shoot you down :D

By the way the new Beta water does not look like UK water anymore :cry

hurrah! and tally ho!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »
Well this is not just a buff problem, I have seen them do it in fighters too, as soon as they kill there energy and lose the advantage they bail. Now I was accused of towering in a wirb the other day and I guess that would be the same, now I did it to deny him the kill and because I was on concrete and just out of the hanger. Now I have seen guys fly take out the ords and bail and get in there GV's, and they do it because there trying to have a GV battle and us "bomb Tards" are raining on there fun :devil
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.â€

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 03:51:17 PM »
I've made Buff Hunting pretty much my forte over the past few years. I've taken the time to climb up to 20-30K altitudes to engage Buffs up that high in my Corsair. I've enjoyed the challenge that so many AH players have given me whilst they fly their Buffs against my Corsair. I've won, and lost...and have always had great fun...and because of this experience, I have no respect for any Buff pilot who hasn't the courage, or patience, to fly home from the mission he, or she, started.

I also fly Buffs from time to time...and will take as much time to fly home safely from the mission as I did in trying to hit my target. My gunnery in a Buff leaves much to be desired...however,  I cannot improve that skill unless I fight the fighters who pursue me along the way.

Just my thoughts....

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »
Posted by: Ciaphas

I think this is rule is needed, any player that bails without being shot down should suffer a few penalties

I agree either a perk penalty /rank penalty and any damage caused by the drop is instantly reversed.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:57:29 PM by smokey23 »

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
disable  bail option. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 04:51:52 PM »
Bail all you want!

It gets the job done as far as I'm concerned.

Saves me bullets and fuel.

You are no longer a threat to my team.

You rack up as many as three deaths in your statistics.

My team may get some kills and/or assists when you bail.

You lose 75% of the points you just flew so long to acquire.

Bail away!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 05:27:16 PM »

You are no longer a threat to my team.

They are not longer a threat once they have dropped bombs. They become a threat 15 seconds later when up a new formation. Unfortunately, if they could not bail they would auger. The only option I see is to make the damage done as if it as if it never happened. Wouldn't help the guys on the ground who get bombed but hangers and dar could come back up.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline stran

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 05:45:13 PM »
as some have said... Enjoy it, its your 15 bucks!

i don't see how some people get so riled up because they didn't intercept a bomber that has already dropped it's ord. maybe on his next sortie you grab alt before he's flying past your airfield.
Squash

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »
Bomb and Bail = BB, close enough to BS for me, people who do it suck.  :rock  <--- minus one finger
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Dream Child

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 08:23:17 PM »
Why can't we just award a kill, or kills, to the closest enemy, if in icon range, if a buff driver bails? I think that would solve all the issues here.