Author Topic: New Graphics = No Money from me!  (Read 4120 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: New Graphics = No Money from me!
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
How many of the people who replied here to show how well they suck-up have since unsubscribed or are planning to?

-Ben

My system is running the game with everything turned up and maintaining 60 FPS with no issues at all. I'll stick it out for a while. I love this update !!! Maybe the game play will get better now that all those "quake" style "kids" can't afford to upgrade. Only the hardcore will be left.  :aok

Offline Harp00n

• Copper Member
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2009, 08:50:57 AM »
Thought you already wanted to leave at this point:

New Graphics = No Money from me!
« on: 2009-07-08, 02:34:33 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2009, 08:55:51 AM »
Would you rather drive this....

.....or this?

Times change. Either get onboard, or fall behind!

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
Apples and oranges.

If the Model T runs good and the Mustang doesn't, I'd rather have the Model T.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2009, 08:59:52 AM »
Apples and oranges.

If the Model T runs good and the Mustang doesn't, I'd rather have the Model T.

I guess the problem here is that the Mustang is running fine on most of the communities' systems, and so we're simply getting tired of people squeaking about the patch, mostly because we view the upgrade as progress, and not some sinister HTC plot to screw everyone's gaming experience.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »
I wonder why such a small company took on the large task of trying to push out a "One Size Fits All" type update? I also wonder how many new subscribers have joined due to this update? How many exisiting subscribers have left due to the update?, and finally, how many existing subscribers don't bother to log on but continue to pay their monthly fee? The questions above are known to AH and AH only. Online,multi-player games are a growth Industry right now and I'm sure AH would have wanted to take advantage of that by any means.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2009, 09:03:41 AM »
You just get tired of this thread, MrYellow? I know I would.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »
I guess the problem here is that the Mustang is running fine on most of the communities' systems, and so we're simply getting tired of people squeaking about the patch, mostly because we view the upgrade as progress, and not some sinister HTC plot to screw everyone's gaming experience.

My guess is that only a select few are seeing the game like a new Mustang (those that are playing on killer rigs). I think most are playing in a degraded mode (it plays but looks like crap compared to last weeks AH). So I guess we're really talking about most people driving something closer to a Desoto.

White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2009, 09:09:27 AM »
My guess is that only a select few are seeing the game like a new Mustang (those that are playing on killer rigs). I think most are playing in a degraded mode (it plays but looks like crap compared to last weeks AH). So I guess we're really talking about most people driving something closer to a Desoto.

And you base that opinion on what?  Two dozen people who come on the forums and repetetively post about taking their ball and going home?  I'm sorry if your personal experience hasn't panned out, but most of us are pleased with the upgrade, especially those that have learned how to tweak either the game or their system to make it run smoothly.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »
Like I keep iterating, I don't see why I can run everything but the shadows and local reflections on a 5 year old P4 and nVidia 6800 rig, but the "ubersystems" of today can't. I mean, it's not a total dig; I'd really like to know why.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2009, 09:13:57 AM »
Was over 300 folk in orange last night when I was on and I didn't hear/read any complains about the game other than the usual.... Nice HO !, vulch dweeb! nice ram tard!

Most of the complainers here are too busy complaining to try and fix their computers. There are a number of things anybody could do WITH OUT spending a dime to tweak their computer. A number of post have been put up with instructions on things to try.

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2009, 09:19:54 AM »
Well i thought i was going to be able to run this ver in detailed but cant get it to. so i just turn everything off run the basic sliders all the way up get my 58 fps and just keep flying. one day ill get a better machine till then i fly a crappy looking game. I can still see the planes that are shooting me down just fine, good enough for me. :aok

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »
Is it me, or do most of the system specs I see posted with major issues seem to be AMD? Some of them seem nicer than my Intel 8500....at any rate, HT has some smart folks, and given time, they will figure out how to fix said major problems on the myriad of machines folks have here. It looks like sans a higher-end machine, you can't appreciate the new stuff, but it's still playable, as long as the issues are fixed.

There's prolly an invisible line where NEW people with high-end machines pop in and look around at the older graphics....are not impressed, and finish their 2 weeks and move on, versus the existing subscriber base, who will always fall by the wayside at a steady rate via attrition.  At some point, it is financially necessary to cater to the first group at the expense of the second
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2009, 09:24:10 AM »
And you base that opinion on what?  Two dozen people who come on the forums and repetetively post about taking their ball and going home?  I'm sorry if your personal experience hasn't panned out, but most of us are pleased with the upgrade, especially those that have learned how to tweak either the game or their system to make it run smoothly.

I think it's more than a couple dozen. The two dozen that are here on the boards either complaining or trying to get help are a fraction of the population playing.

I knew I was going to have problems. My system is almost 10 years old. I'm here to find help and to help others if I can. All I'm saying is (and many more are saying is) to have the new Mustang would be sweet but the fine running 57 Chevy we had last week doesn't compare to the 50 Desoto we have to drive now.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:25:48 AM by Blooz »
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »
I think it's more than a couple dozen. The two dozen that are here on the boards either complaining or trying to get help are a fraction of the population playing.

I knew I was going to have problems. My system is almost 10 years old. I'm here to find help and to help others if I can. All I'm saying is (and many more are saying is) to have the new Mustang would be sweet but the fine running 57 Chevy we had last week doesn't compare to the 50 Desoto we have to drive now.

Could you even play the OLD game with a 10 year old computer? I'm about due to get me a new computer, and it's less than 5.
No one knows what the future may bring.