Author Topic: Tanks  (Read 905 times)

Offline AcesHighMan2

• Zinc Member
Tanks
« on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:47 PM »
I usually drive the panzer or the T34s but i am not the best at killin other tanks if you can can you answer some of my questions

1. what kind of shell takes out tanks HE, AP, or HVAP

2. where should i hit the other tanks to kill them

3. if you can, can you help me in the game my in-game name is ACEMAN am usually on at anytime in the day

Thank You, AcesHighMan2 (ACEMAN)  :salute
Rapture1

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Tanks
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »
I usually drive the panzer or the T34s but i am not the best at killin other tanks if you can can you answer some of my questions

1. what kind of shell takes out tanks HE, AP, or HVAP

HE = High Explosive. Used against buildings.

AP = Armor Piercing
HVAP = High Velocity Armor Piercing - Use them against tanks.

2. where should i hit the other tanks to kill them

Generally spoken, weakest points are back, then sides. Frontal armor is strongest. Some faces may even have "weak" and strong points, but that varies much between the individual models. For example when facing a T34/85 frontally you should aim for the turret, when it's a Sherman that's facing you shoot at the hull.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:54:48 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:15:08 PM »
Here are a couple things that may help.

This link shows a picture of where a Tiger is vulnerable.
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt_tigervulnerability/index.html

This is also very helpful. It's a practice terrain made by USRanger. This is great to practice and see where you hit at various distances and what happens.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,260657.msg3236046.html#msg3236046
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »
HVAP rounds are only good at 1.5k (1500 yds) or less. AP rounds are good out to much longer ranges. HE rounds like stated in the first reply are used for Bldgs at long and short ranges, but, they are also very effective against light armor vehicles such as M-8's, M-3's, PT boats and jeeps. They are also highly effective against ack (field guns) and Shore Battery's.

Do a Forum Search for GV tips, I don't recall the exact thread, but there are some floating around with specific kill points for the typical Aces High GV's you will encounter in the MA's.

Good luck AHMan,  :salute.

Das Chewy
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »
Along with all the other good info, not only is it important to hit the right spot, but you also have to hit at the right angle.  Many people are accused of cheating because they parked their tank at an angle to their attacker and the attacker's shells ricochet without causing damage.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:47 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,260546.0.html

theres just about everything I can teach you without rolling beside you.  Personal message me in the main arenas for more hands on training if you wish, I believe you know of me ingame name is Belial as well.

Offline AcesHighMan2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 07:35:09 PM »

ya i saw you in titanic tuesday

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:37:59 PM by AcesHighMan2 »
Rapture1