Author Topic: 1 pass kill on Tiger in IL2  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
1 pass kill on Tiger in IL2
« on: July 16, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »
http://www.savefile.com/files/2155680

Hope the link works the Tiger popped easily and I had it on normal AH hardness.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: 1 pass kill on Tiger in IL2
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:17:45 AM »
http://www.savefile.com/files/2155680

....... I had it on normal AH hardness. :huh explain this to me
Lighten up Francis

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:30:07 AM »
good stuff what you have convergence set at?

He is talking about the arena settings, you can change them offline.

wish they would add  panzer, firefly, whirble for offline targets and some other planes as well
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:34:04 AM by flatiron1 »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:19:04 AM »
Convergence at 400 and I come in from a high angle of attack, the turret and top armor next to the turret are most vulnerable it usually takes me about a 30 round volley of 37mm.  You could destroy a tiger with probably 5-10 37mm if your good, I just wanted to demonstrate how to get it done.  Happy hunting of them pesky Tigers, if you see me in one though SPARE ME :pray.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 11:22:34 AM by Belial »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 04:52:49 PM »
Good advice but you can kill them all day in one pass while off-line. The on-line reality is much different. There are still weak spots in the Tigers armor uptop on-line but there are also hard plates interspersed too. The on-line Tiger is a much harder kill.

Heres 2 passes I made against an on-line one. Pass-1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nthGf9ODpyY And pass-2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8tDYlG6SU

And even those only got it smoking. A rook tank finished it and I got the kill while setting up my 3rd pass. My 2 passes accounted for 12 yellow/Red hits to smoke the Tiger. Your off-line pass had about 8 yellow/red. It was a fine pass, I'm not saying different. I'm just saying the actual Tiger in the game is much tougher the the off-line one on default settings.

Still, its fine practice off-line. "Less shots that are better placed" is definately the way to go.:salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 04:59:40 PM »
Ok rich I believe you, but I have strafed down many a Tiger in the MA in one pass if you use the angle I did it WILL work. <S> :salute

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
Ok rich I believe you, but I have strafed down many a Tiger in the MA in one pass if you use the angle I did it WILL work. <S> :salute

The 37mm IL-2 was introduced in tour 104 along with he T-34/85. Here are your Tiger kills from IL-2s since then.

Tour-104-0 kills
Tour-105-0 kills
Tour-106-0 kills
Tour-107-0 Kills
Tour-108-1 kill
Tour-109-0 kills
Tour-110-0 kills
Tour-111-1 kill
Tour-112-0 kills
Tour-113-0 kills "0 kills in IL2 period"
Tour-114-1 kill so far.

So you have killed all of 3 Tigers since the 37mm IL2 came out. In tour 103 and 102 you had no IL2 kills of Tigers with the 23mms. And before that i can find no record of your name.

You have misrespresented your skill, your record, and the ease/difficultys of killing tanks. Actually your initial poast in the thread uses about the same words/tactics I used in my 1 pass T-34 thread.

But thanks for the laughs kid. :lol I was having a boring day. 
but I have strafed down many a Tiger in the MA in one pass

Questions ? See below.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 05:38:16 PM »
Ok forget I posted anything....
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:51:13 PM by Belial »

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 07:09:34 AM »
why would the offline version of tiget be any different as the online version if all the settings are the at default.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 12:27:44 PM »
How many times are you the only one strafing a Tiger can you check assists rich? I probably have 100 assists on Tigers, but when you blow them up with 37mm you will know it and can tell YOU killed them.  Who cares if i didnt get the credit I deserved they lost 35 perks.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 04:06:11 PM »
How many times are you the only one strafing a Tiger can you check assists rich? I probably have 100 assists on Tigers, but when you blow them up with 37mm you will know it and can tell YOU killed them.  Who cares if i didnt get the credit I deserved they lost 35 perks.

You should have just let the thread die out. You got caught talking nonsense, as a lot of others have here when stats are checked, and no doubt you wont be the last. Be that as it may I differentiate between "story telling that hurts nobody" and "outright Lies that are aimed to hurt". Yours was the first and had you let the thread peter out I would have too.

For the record heres what you said,
"Ok rich I believe you, but I have strafed down many a Tiger in the MA in one pass if you use the angle I did it WILL work. <S>

Since you seemed to think the off-line Tiger was tougher then the MA one I would be willing to bet you've NEVER strafed down a Tiger in the game period. Your 3 Tigers probably came from dropping bombs on them. You got caught telling Tall tales. Harmless ones , but you aren't helping yourself by letting your pride to make you look foolish. "Assists: aren't "kills". You know it and everyone else here knows it. Shooting up a Tiger in one pass and then somebody else killing it after, isn't a "1 pass kill".

I have found if you hit them hard enough like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqRZ1-b2ssM and then somebody hits them again, most times you'll be credited with the kill. It was not however a "1 pass Tiger kill" for me. Nor would I represent it here as one.

Heres another attack.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpup1PBcMJE You'll notice despite the good hits in the first pass they had no effect on the Tiger. It took a 2nd pass to get him smoking, and even then I didn't outright kill him. A tank finished him as I was setting up for the 3rd run, tho I got credit for the kill. Most times a good pass or two like that will eventually give you the Tiger kill even if another finishes it off. Thats why your 3 kills in 10 months looks even less impressive. If you were making good first passes the game would have given you far more kills no matter how the fight ended.

Ive only killed 20 to 30 myself cause you just dont see Tigers around air bases that much and when you do you have 27 guys dropping and strafing them with everything they got. Not only do I often let others take them but I also dont fly my IL2s to GV base vs GV base battles out of respect to the GV'ers. In my eyes they pay their $16 bucks to have some tank vs tank battles so it would be selfish of me to drone over to GV bases out of greed.

Ive also had extreme incidents of Tigers that simply wouldn't die. This player was on his 3rd IL2 loads of 37mms and the Tiger was still up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckWKbbfKqo I asked first and then killed it in one pass, "tho i certainly wouldn't call it a 1 pass kill". He got the credit for the Tiger and he deserved it. Ive seen Tigers endure all kinds of ord both dropped and shot at them. Conversely Ive also killed a few in one pass in an IL2. But not many, and for sure not "many a Tiger".

We can go on with this thread as a training theme but dont post more nonsense trying to cover for your earlier nonsense. Ive been meaning to start an IL2/Tiger thread, which is why I have all this video ready to go.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 04:08:41 PM by Rich46yo »

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 05:06:19 PM »
Ive seen tigers that had thousands upon thousands of ord dropped on them and churn right along. I've seen one bomb dropped near them and kill em. Usually when I'm in it  :furious.

Such is life
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 08:05:49 PM »
Blah blah blah blah, just the other night I was like watch this i'm going to kill this tiger one pass and everyone says lets see it.  So I start my high angle approach and fire a long volley into him, he pops and i get credit just before I auger.  Yes I did auger but he was dead and if the right person sees this they will back it up.  Your a troll for nonsense and stay out of my thread if your just going to talk smack.

P.S. I'll do you one better, you up a Tiger in the MA and see if you survive a pass.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:27:31 PM by Belial »

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »
yeah really Rich chill out. Its no secret that you have to hit a tiger from the top. Belial was just trying to be helpful. Go pee in your own cheerios. :x
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2009, 12:36:14 PM »
Blah blah blah blah, just the other night I was like watch this i'm going to kill this tiger one pass and everyone says lets see it.  So I start my high angle approach and fire a long volley into him, he pops and i get credit just before I auger.  Yes I did auger but he was dead and if the right person sees this they will back it up.  Your a troll for nonsense and stay out of my thread if your just going to talk smack.

P.S. I'll do you one better, you up a Tiger in the MA and see if you survive a pass.

So that makes what kid? 4 in 10 months? :lol All in one pass? Oh, that must have been the one this tour cause you still only have one in tour 114.

What night was this? Who saw it? Hopefully Im not being a troll asking you these questions for the kills you are claiming. Or talking "smack". :P

You seem like a nice kid but you gotta learn somtimes in life you just gotta eat it. You talked it and then you have to eat it. We all have been thru it and it tastes the same to everyone. Next time just leave out the personal, fantasy, tales of glory. People check stats in this game.