Author Topic: Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 27311 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
I can send them to you guys right now, if that's more convenient than getting them on Sunday with all the other films.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 06:20:07 PM »
I can send them to you guys right now, if that's more convenient than getting them on Sunday with all the other films.

I'm not anticipating dealing with many films, honestly.  Give him a few days to see this post/be alerted to it and save yourself the trouble.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »

- If a duel series is contested the contesting player must post their films at a public hosting web-site and link them to this thread by the deadline.  It will be preferred if both players do this.

Seriously, if you see him in the arenas I'd just ask him to come post the results.  That said if he doesn't within a couple of days then by all means post the films so they can be dealt with at the review committee's liesure.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 06:43:38 PM »
SWneo, what times do you fly online?  Looking forward to tha DUEL!!!   :x
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 07:39:28 PM »
If he doesn't post by midnight Sunday you'll have to post the films here for review.

Ahh interesting. Then if that happens is float banned from further participation in future efforts? Just asking.

Nothing towards float. Just the first time this might happen.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 07:57:13 PM »
He lost the round and didn't sound too worried even before the match.. I'm not making a big deal out of it, just want to make sure everything's worked out.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »
Ahh interesting. Then if that happens is float banned from further participation in future efforts? Just asking.

Nothing towards float. Just the first time this might happen.

No.  It wouldn't ban him from any future event.  The loser posting is just a confimation that the result is undisputed which eases the burdon on the reviewers.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 09:21:56 PM »
Biggamer got me 2 in a row. 1st sortie was a yak. Good fight, lasted a bit then he wore me down and shot me arse off :( 2nd sortie I picked a hurri 2c and he was on me like white on rice. I dies with a quickness  :frown:

Congrats to Biggamer and good lucky in the next round my friend!  :salute
Charlie don't surf!

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »
TexsTC vs Horble

round one Spit V - Horble
round two F4U1A - TexsTC
round three 109f - Horble

congrats Horble. That was some of the most fun and definitly the best 1 v 1s Ive ever been a part of, Im goin to have to ice my arm after the 109f bout. Soooo close.  :salute

We have to do this tourney thing more often, this is fun stuff. For all you guys that didnt sign up, sign up next time.  :rock :rock
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 12:06:27 AM »
Good fight's uptown :salute
G3-MF

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 03:07:58 AM »
I gotta post film of me and Horbles fights. Great stuff, we spent almost as much time nose to nose as anything else, no HOshots at all. Just fun flyin and I think we stayed within 1k at all times after merge. Good luck in next round man.

Let see some films.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oqmmmkhwgfu
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 07:05:09 AM »
TC you get my PM about doing it at Noon Tuesday?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
A few things to discuss:

When I decided to take this on I thought I'd have to update and post the bracket occasionally, possibly head off a dispute or two and other than that just fly and have fun.  I didn't forsee the number of PM's I've been recieving, from suggestions of all sorts to arranging my own duels to proceedural issues that have cropped up.  It was a busy day yesterday behind the scenes.  I'm not complaining at all, I just didn't forsee it so don't let this keep you from PMing me if you want/need to.

First of all JB11 has replaced gwurzel and is matched against Bodhi in the first round.  See posts earlier in this thread for specifics.  This will be reflected in the next bracket update.

Lazerr is now flying under the handle Lucifer (scarey... I didn't even want to type that.   ;) ).  This will also be reflected in the next update.

We had a pair yesterday that flew the wrong model plane in thier first fight.  They had the right airframe but the wrong varient.  I've asked them to re-fight the first fight.  If the result is the same as their initial first duel then they don't have to continue.  If the result changes then the loser chooses and the duels continue as per the rules.  This sets precident if anyone else finds out after their duels that they chose the wrong aircraft for the first fight.

We've got two players that will be gone next week.  Both have asked if they can try to get their next round duels in before they leave.  One hasn't fought this round yet so was a little premature in asking.  The other has already won in the first round.  I told both players that if their next opponent(s) complete their duels in time for them to arrange the next duel before leaving that I would allow them to petition their next opponent to get the round in early but didn't want them to put any pressure on the other dueling pair to try to get their duels in any faster than at their own pace.  I also told them that if the next opponents pushed their fights to the deadline then they may have to forfiet the next round if they couldn't get a duel in before the next deadline.

So why didn't I just match these two?  It opens the bracket to player manipulation.  It's also why I asked those who chose the wrong aircraft to re-fight.  I'll do what I can to accomodate special needs as long as the rules and the brackets maintain integrity and the rounds are not delayed.

I've also been asked to start another thread for players to post films in.  This came from a non-participant but I'm sure there would be great interest from many to watch films of these duels.  I'm not opposed to this as long as both players consent and it doesn't become a chest thumping excersise.  It could be great entertainment and a good learning tool for many.  I thought about opening a thread in the films and screenshots forum but it might be better to keep them here in this thread so, if you had a good fight and your opponent agrees to it then feel free to post the films.  Just make sure we know it's just for fun and not for a disputed fight.

I've also been asked in different ways by several people if there will be future tournaments.  Well, I'm thinking about it (actually leaning toward it) but lets see how this first one goes first.

:salute to all.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2009, 09:09:41 AM »
TC you get my PM about doing it at Noon Tuesday?

yeppers  check ya PM's...........  needs to be later Today if we can work it....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »
I gotta post film of me and Horbles fights. Great stuff, we spent almost as much time nose to nose as anything else, no HOshots at all. Just fun flyin and I think we stayed within 1k at all times after merge. Good luck in next round man.

Let see some films.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oqmmmkhwgfu

Awsome fight in the 109's guys.