Author Topic: Squad Dedicated Ride  (Read 2539 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Squad Dedicated Ride
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
In the next week or so I hope we can add in a slot for squads on the FSO events pages that would list a squads ‘dedicated ride’. That would be the ride that a squad would most want. A ride that would historically fit their squad.

I know it has been frustrating for some squads to be a ‘historical squad’ and have opportunities to fly their squad ride only to be passed over and assigned something else.

Having a dedicated ride for your squad will not guarantee that ride by any means, but it will be one more visual tool for a CiC to look over and consider what rides to assign his squads.

Be thinking about this and discuss it with your squad. I am not sure it will be something that we (CM’s) will change or update. It could be a static piece of information that a CiC could simply view to help him decide what rides he should assign. So consider it carefully. You may not be able to change it any time soon.

I will post a link in this thread if it is something C.O.s will be able to do or just ask you here and the CM’s would enter in the information.
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Squad Dedicated Ride
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »
I like this idea.

:aok :aok :aok
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:20:52 AM »
I can't take credit.

I think it was Shifty who gave me the idea. :)

332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:36:00 AM »
I'm loving what you're doing DD!! 

Guess I can skip writing up that complaint email.   :)

P.S.  Don't be so humble, Shifty ain't that bright.    :devil
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 11:50:02 AM »
Not that I would speak for Stampf, but I guess it would not be too much of a stretch to guess which rides we prefer      :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
Not that I would speak for Stampf, but I guess it would not be too much of a stretch to guess which rides we prefer      :D

Well, DD isn't talking about saying "Luftwaffe", "USN", etc.  He's saying specific plane types.  For my squad it would be P-47 series.  For Sax's squad it would be the F4U series.  For you guys, I'm assuming FW-190 series or Bf-109 series?
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »
Well, DD isn't talking about saying "Luftwaffe", "USN", etc.  He's saying specific plane types.  For my squad it would be P-47 series.  For Sax's squad it would be the F4U series.  For you guys, I'm assuming FW-190 series or Bf-109 series?

My response was kinda meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but, to answer your question without overstepping my authority (which is probably none  :D  )  I would be inclined to respond with a yes.    :noid

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
Ahh...sorry.  One of these days I'll lighten up.   :o
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline 68falcon

• Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:12 PM »

You mean Hurricane MK1 right :)
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
LOL Thanks Bug. :)

I would like to list the P-38 for my squad but I would be in the dog house for months. ;)
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »
So...  I hope that allowing squads to declare this preference doesn't end up screwing over the squads who don't declare a preferred ride...  Sticking them in the sucky planes more often...

I'm not saying that it would, just tossing up a "concern"...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Wolfie

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
 :aok

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 03:40:30 PM »
LOL Thanks Bug. :)

I would like to list the P-38 for my squad but I would be in the dog house for months. ;)

I'd have to make room for you, then   :lol

I'm always in the dog house.  Damn good thing there is always plenty of beer there  :aok

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »
For you guys, I'm assuming FW-190 series or Bf-109 series?
That's an interesting question, as JG11 was equipped with every model of the 190 in the game, as well as every Bf 109 starting with the G-1 (although, evidently not the G-2), as the Geschwader was formed in May 1943. Specifically III/JG11 (the designation we carry in the SEA) was for the most part dedicated to the Focke Wulf, some 109's found their way in (ex. Anton Hackl's G-6 that fencer did).
So really any German fighter aircraft during the time that JG11 existed, save the Bf 110 and the Me 262 could be considered historical (we certainly have skins for all of them :) )

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »
Well it looks like forHIM already set it up.  :aok

I can add that information to any squad that wants it listed. :)

I don't think you guys can do it when you update your FSO info. I tried my squad and did not see an option for that. In any case post here if you want a dedicated ride. I will be happy to enter that information for you.

Don't change your mind next week. You will be stuck with it for a while.  :cool:

332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure