Author Topic: Damage hit% in gv's for dummies  (Read 3566 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: Damage hit% in gv's for dummies
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2009, 02:28:07 PM »
So does the fix apply to troops?  (i.e. stopping the repeated dry spawn LVT trick to dump hundreds of troops?)

Edit: Nevermind... other thread answers this question.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 02:31:55 PM by 715 »

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2009, 02:31:57 PM »
So does the fix apply to troops?  (i.e. stopping the repeated dry spawn LVT trick to dump hundreds of troops?)

yes......as lusche put it....reoops are just another form of ords. meat bombs if ya will.  :x
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2009, 02:34:45 PM »

Edit: Nevermind... other thread answers this question.

It seems that dry spawning LVT's are gone too in future, so that alone would prevent it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »
and i have wondered how shawk was getting his 8000 hit %. the most i have been able to get to is this current tour 2600. Belial you say you where letting HTC know about the loophole as you put it then why did you title it Damage Hit % for dummies. you have over 13,000 hit % you did more then abuse it. this leaves one question how you going to score hore in a gv now>? ? ? ? what loophole are yall going to find now
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:46 PM »
Haha 8,000% ranks you around # 12 in that category...800% ranks your around 20 its really NOT a big deal get over it. :x

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »
What a joke. this is sad really, get a life.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
This thread is a testament to why we need to over-haul or get rid of the scoring system.  Rank is pretty meaningless at this point...
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2009, 04:32:30 PM »
What a joke. this is sad really, get a life.

The sad part is he's proud of it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DCCBOSS

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2009, 04:46:15 PM »
This has been fixed in the next release.  Important to note.

When you start a new sortie, any live ords you have dropped or fired disappear as if they were never launched.

Very nice, logic in the madness, hope to see more  :rock
"Where ever you go, there you are".
C.O. of Rolling Thunder

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
The sad part is he's proud of it.

In the month I went for rank I noticed SHawk had a very high percentage in vehicles also. I tried to match it and discovered you cant go that high with a SKDZ. Later on I was defending a vehicle field when someone dropped troops from an M3 and towered but I didnt realize what had happened when I got the proxy and I landed it. While I was checking out this guys score he captured the field and since I was looking at his score I could see how the GV capture helped him out (comparing scores the next day). I refreshed his score and noticed the capture went to bombers and not vehicles. One thing led to another and the next thing you know Im flying a single Lanc to bomb a city and check out the possibilities.

As it turns out you dont need the formation of Lancs because one Lanc will do the same thing and the extra bombs (use 2k bombs) will drop maybe one or two extra buildings so their a waste. Drop one bomb each in three city groups on the south side of the city and bail immediately and end sortie. Up a SKDZ and fire one rocket and then wait for the bombs to hit. You can do this as many times as you like but dont fire any more rockets EVER. The hit percentage will climb to infinity BUT you take a hit in the CAPTURED category of bombers. Thats exactly how I knew what SHawk was doing because he had WAY too many captured(s) in bombers for someone that plays the way he does.

A close examination was required to figure out that there really was a bug involved and so I emailed Pyro once I had the results.

Those of you that were witness to the argument I had about this in Aircraft & Vehicles should now realize why I did not explain myself further but held to the reality that hit percentage can be as high as the user wishes but it is as gamey as can be and needs to be fixed (as it will be).

Dare I ask how many people used this to their advantage and never reported the problem?  :eek:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2009, 08:03:57 PM »
its really NOT a big deal get over it. :x

as you can see most here seem to think it is a big deal so deal with it
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »
In the month I went for rank I noticed SHawk had a very high percentage in vehicles also. I tried to match it and discovered you cant go that high with a SKDZ. Later on I was defending a vehicle field when someone dropped troops from an M3 and towered but I didnt realize what had happened when I got the proxy and I landed it. While I was checking out this guys score he captured the field and since I was looking at his score I could see how the GV capture helped him out (comparing scores the next day). I refreshed his score and noticed the capture went to bombers and not vehicles. One thing led to another and the next thing you know Im flying a single Lanc to bomb a city and check out the possibilities.

As it turns out you dont need the formation of Lancs because one Lanc will do the same thing and the extra bombs (use 2k bombs) will drop maybe one or two extra buildings so their a waste. Drop one bomb each in three city groups on the south side of the city and bail immediately and end sortie. Up a SKDZ and fire one rocket and then wait for the bombs to hit. You can do this as many times as you like but dont fire any more rockets EVER. The hit percentage will climb to infinity BUT you take a hit in the CAPTURED category of bombers. Thats exactly how I knew what SHawk was doing because he had WAY too many captured(s) in bombers for someone that plays the way he does.

A close examination was required to figure out that there really was a bug involved and so I emailed Pyro once I had the results.

Those of you that were witness to the argument I had about this in Aircraft & Vehicles should now realize why I did not explain myself further but held to the reality that hit percentage can be as high as the user wishes but it is as gamey as can be and needs to be fixed (as it will be).

Dare I ask how many people used this to their advantage and never reported the problem?  :eek:

Chalenge I learned of this a little bit after you did, Dont you love how they jump on my back when tons of people do it and never would have said a word.
I feel as though 75% of the people on these boards can burn in the furball lake of dweebfire. :mad:

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2009, 10:13:47 PM »
They can bail and the ord stays alive.  As long as they do not start another sortie, the ord stays alive.

Skuzzy,

Is this applicable to troops out of a goon?  I mean, goon comes in, drops the drunks, then gets drilled.....troops still floating down?
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2009, 10:18:13 PM »
The only issue with ords going away when you re-up I see is with torpedos.  Bombs don't take long to fall so it's a short wait - not a big deal.  But torps take a while to run.  I think this may kill some folks attempting to use torps.  Just my .02 cents.

Glove

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2009, 10:37:25 PM »
The only issue with ords going away when you re-up I see is with torpedos.  Bombs don't take long to fall so it's a short wait - not a big deal.  But torps take a while to run.  I think this may kill some folks attempting to use torps.  Just my .02 cents.

Glove
Not folks trying to use torpedoes, rather torpedo spamming.
I don't see how stopping that can be a bad thing.