Author Topic: Designated Decoy  (Read 5314 times)

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Re: Designated Decoy
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 07:36:44 AM »
I'm inclined to agree with serenity. I would bet money that you at least chuckled. Everyone likes to feel like they have done the right thing at least some of the time and everyone likes to feel superior to someone else all the time.

Oh and spell check says hipocrite is spelled correctly if that is what you mean.

And why the hostility? or if you were literal then I pray for you that serenity has no teeth.

Lets see you chuckle at a drunk driver joke after you've seen toddlers crushed in a van after being t-boned by a drunk driver that ran a red light.

GFY.
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »
65% of all auto fatalities are caused by sober drivers, anybody think that is funny? sober drivers killing people, go ahead laugh.

you have all been brainwashed by 30 years of MADD propaganda.

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 04:21:51 PM »
you have all been brainwashed by 30 years of MADD propaganda.

Nope, sounds to me like we can cut highway fatalities by 30% just by getting the drunks off the road. 

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »
Lets see you chuckle at a drunk driver joke after you've seen toddlers crushed in a van after being t-boned by a drunk driver that ran a red light.

GFY.

The funny part isn't that he let drunks drive, but that he pulled one over on the cop. I laughed at that but not the idea of a bunch of drunks cloging the roads and hitting people.

Again, I still feel that a lot of people who posted about the story are people who like to feel superior to others. And that they may have been playing high and mighty.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 04:41:49 AM »

The funny part isn't that he let drunks drive, but that he pulled one over on the cop. I laughed at that but not the idea of a bunch of drunks cloging the roads and hitting people.

Again, I still feel that a lot of people who posted about the story are people who like to feel superior to others. And that they may have been playing high and mighty.

Nothing 'high and mighty' about not laughing at a stupid joke about a guy 'pulling one over on the cop' and letting drunk drivers try to get home.

Again, GFY.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 05:09:04 AM »
Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a local pub.  Late in the evening the officer noticed a man standing on a corner with a trenchcoat pulled tightly around him.

The man stared intently at women walking past, with the officer quietly observing.

After what seemed an eternity and hesitantly approaching women then backing off at the last second, the man finally grabbed one woman and quickly pulled her into an alley.  .

The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now rushed to the alleyway to break up what he was sure was an assault or rape about to occur.  To his amazement, he found the man and woman engaged in a polite conversation about the weather!

Dumbfounded, the officer said "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police station.  You certainly look like you were going to assault or rape someone tonight, and you forced that woman into the alleyway."

"I doubt it", said the man, "tonight I'm the designated decoy."  This is my wife, and my brother is a block or two over looking for some kids to rape.

Boy, he sure pulled one over on that cop!  Teh funnay!

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 06:07:45 AM »
Nothing 'high and mighty' about not laughing at a stupid joke about a guy 'pulling one over on the cop' and letting drunk drivers try to get home.

Again, GFY.

DJ, $5 says you don't have the brains to understand what "high and mighty" is. Plain and simple. One guy says "ZOMFG Drunk Drivers can NEVER be t3h funnay!" and all of you jump on the band wagon not wanting to seem like a heartless person for laughing at a joke. I love the reference to 9/11 in another thread that goes completely un-flamed, after all, you cannot incorporate ANYTHING distasteful into ANY joke EVER... And I'm done with this thread. This only goes to show the nose dive our country takes as people begin to care more about public appearance than their own thoughts.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 06:29:35 AM »
There is nothing in life that's too serious to joke about. If you don't find the joke funny feel free to not laugh, but please keep the moralizing BS to yourself.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 06:43:37 AM »
Someone pinch me, I agree with DH - Everything can be mocked, or nothing.  I've seen enough blood boiling injustice and gut wrenching tragedy to know how to both recognize the comical aspect of something as well as how cold and utterly ruthless it is.  I don't think I'm anything special, so it follows that the above insight is true for everyone and everything.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 06:47:14 AM »
Yea, that joke would have been more funny 20 or more years ago when drunk driving was just something people did and nobody held them accountable for the results.  Now it's mostly just funny to retards with no sense of responsibility for their actions.

I read the punchline as "I'm just the guy who enabled all those drunks go kill people tonight", and I don't even know anyone who was killed by a drunk driver. 

Yawn. Where in the joke did it say the drunk drivers he was the decoy for went out and killed people? Hell you never know maybe they were pulled over a block down the road or even, now here is the good part, made it home safely.

It was a joke. Some people really need to get the sand out of their vagina. Now if it was a news clipping I could see people getting mad but it isn't. Again 'J-O-K-E'.  :rolleyes:
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
DJ, $5 says you don't have the brains to understand what "high and mighty" is. Plain and simple. One guy says "ZOMFG Drunk Drivers can NEVER be t3h funnay!" and all of you jump on the band wagon not wanting to seem like a heartless person for laughing at a joke. I love the reference to 9/11 in another thread that goes completely un-flamed, after all, you cannot incorporate ANYTHING distasteful into ANY joke EVER... And I'm done with this thread. This only goes to show the nose dive our country takes as people begin to care more about public appearance than their own thoughts.

$10 says you've never seen the results of a drunk driver in person, or had to explain to someone why their son/daughter/etc. isn't coming home.

Hell boy, you could barely decide why you wanted to join the military.

Plain and simple.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 11:13:09 AM »
<checks watch> is it time to put a bullet in this thread yet?

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 11:17:30 AM »
Several years ago I had a small party at my house.  Nothing too crazy, but some people did get pretty intoxicated.  I was walking around the house, checking to see that everything was in order, when one of my guests asked me, "Hey, what's this really heavy tin?"  I replied, "Well, that's my brother's urn."

His face immediately went white with wide, scared eyes.  I figured he just thought he put his foot in his mouth, so I smiled and told him it was no big deal.

The next day I got an email from him.  He was very apologetic, but basically said that he had accidentally broken a little statue that was next to the urn.  Being drunk, he panicked, and tried to find a place to put it.  So he opened up what he thought was a tin, and put it in there.

I had to do something about this immediately, as I had to figure out a way to glue the statue back together before the rents arrived.  This meant opening up the urn and taking it out.  It wasn't pleasant by any means.

The next time I saw the guy, he again started apologizing profusely.  I just smirked and said, "Don't worry about it.  At least I got to see my brother again."

(I enjoy sardonic humor.  It's not for everyone).
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 11:34:41 AM »
A WWII Royal Air force General who was in charge of planning the bombing campaign was speeding thru an english town late at night, when a police officer stopped him and, seeing it was a General he'd stopped, asks him to please slow down "before he kills somebody".
To which the General replied, "Young man, I kill thousands of people every night!"
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
Some of you need to come off your puritanical high horse.  I've seen you all laugh at jokes about mass murderers, priestly child molesters, and adulterous spouses... The hand wringing in this thread is just as bad as the complaints about beer drinking in the latest Harry Potter film.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!