Author Topic: Designated Decoy  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Designated Decoy
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
a new study just out shows that DWT (driving wile texting) kills more people than DWI.

so when you are driving and see someone texting, text the police their tag number.

lol. I get the joke.  :rofl

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2009, 04:17:55 AM »

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »
 :rofl
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2009, 01:32:40 PM »
This is sick and not even remotely funny.. 
Not when you've lost people or friends to the stupidity of a drunk driver..

I recall some years ago about an AH player who got hit by a drunk driver and clung to life for a few days before succumbing to his injuries..
He left a pregnant wife and their son..  I'd bet they'd get a kick out of this, heh? 

We all make stupid posts from time to time without thinking who it's going to effect , but they are hardly kick in the gut like this is..
Not saying you should always be mindful of who you will offend..  But this is a sensitive issue with lots of people and the originator
of the post should've taken that into consideration..

I'm not much of a softy, but this really hits home and it is obvious you've never faced a tragedy like losing someone to an impaired driver..

At the very least, anyone playing "decoy" should face complicity charges as well as aiding and abetting a criminal..

It's one thing if you get in your car and drive off drunk..  It's another thing when you have someone play "decoy" so

you have the opportunity to injure, maim, or kill someone..

:furious

I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2009, 02:16:41 PM »

I recall some years ago about an AH player who got hit by a drunk driver and clung to life for a few days before succumbing to his injuries..
He left a pregnant wife and their son..  I'd bet they'd get a kick out of this, heh? 

We all make stupid posts from time to time without thinking who it's going to effect , but they are hardly kick in the gut like this is..
Not saying you should always be mindful of who you will offend..  But this is a sensitive issue with lots of people and the originator
of the post should've taken that into consideration..

I'm not much of a softy, but this really hits home and it is obvious you've never faced a tragedy like losing someone to an impaired driver..

At the very least, anyone playing "decoy" should face complicity charges as well as aiding and abetting a criminal..

It's one thing if you get in your car and drive off drunk..  It's another thing when you have someone play "decoy" so

you have the opportunity to injure, maim, or kill someone..

:furious

:salute

Careful though, they might think you're a brainless PC Nazi for not laughing at the joke...
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2009, 02:28:13 PM »
People so sensitive that they can't take a joke shouldn't read jokes. Perhaps they should go to a therapist instead.

It's funny, in a sad way, that we all play a game based on a war that killed millions of people with horrible weapons, even nuclear... yet some are vocally offended by a fooled-the-cops joke.

"200: serenity posted a most tasteless joke in the oclub today... hang on, I have to strafe this town church brb"

People are weird.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
How about if the joke went something along the lines of.....
A couple Afghani kids with a soccer ball approach a patrol while making their way back to their base..  The patrol starts playing soccer with the kids while a bunch of Taliban with weapons begin to approach the base and attack..  All the while, the kids playing soccer were the "decoy"..  Real funny, huh??

Those of you hard partying individuals who pride yourselves on making it to your destination while you're three sheets to the wind are quite proud of your "achievements" and I'm sure this
is amusing to you..

Just as it would probably be fun for those Afghani kids to delay those soldiers getting back to their base so they could defend it..

Again, real funny, huh?

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline parker00

• Copper Member
      • http://www.68thlightninglancers.com/joomla/index.php
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2009, 02:55:19 PM »
Some of you need to lighten up, how many jokes were there about turning middle eastern countries into glass parking lots and no one was offended? You laugh about killing an entire nation but one joke that doesn't actually mention killing anyone and you are all up in arms?

Another thing, you play a GAME that is based off a WAR that millions died in. So yes all those who are complaining are hyprocrites.

it's a joke, the diagram above is what you need to read and get over it.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
Anodizer,

Do you really think reacting the way you are, especially bringing back up that old sad story, makes you that much better than the guy who told the joke?

Every post you make trying to convince Serenity that he's a jerk, or others that Serenity's a jerk, just makes this thread linger longer...  Maybe long enough for someone else to be offended?

Perhaps that family didn't even think of it when they saw this joke, but now they do?

I've just never understood why people say, "I am so offended and hurt by that.  I must now make as big a scene as possible so that everyone else gets a chance to be offended and hurt by it too."  Why don't you call CNN while you're at it? 

Just call him a jerk, say you don't find it funny, and cross him off your Christmas list...

While we're at it...  People that make this claim drive me crazy:

People react differently.  I can guarantee you there are people who have lost loved one's to a drunk driver that found this joke funny.  There is no doubt in my mind.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »
Anodizer,

Do you really think reacting the way you are, especially bringing back up that old sad story, makes you that much better than the guy who told the joke?

Every post you make trying to convince Serenity that he's a jerk, or others that Serenity's a jerk, just makes this thread linger longer...  Maybe long enough for someone else to be offended?

Perhaps that family didn't even think of it when they saw this joke, but now they do?

I've just never understood why people say, "I am so offended and hurt by that.  I must now make as big a scene as possible so that everyone else gets a chance to be offended and hurt by it too."  Why don't you call CNN while you're at it? 

Just call him a jerk, say you don't find it funny, and cross him off your Christmas list...

While we're at it...  People that make this claim drive me crazy:

People react differently.  I can guarantee you there are people who have lost loved one's to a drunk driver that found this joke funny.  There is no doubt in my mind.

Vudak, I had to gather myself for a few minutes so I wouldn't say/type anything that would get my post censored or removed..

In the fall of 1993, my little sister as well as 2 of my cousins (Chris and Carmen) were killed by a 32 year old gentlemen that had 1 previous DUI on his record....
I don't share this with everyone as it's not anyone's business..  I just had to make it clear that I have personal reasons for posting here and none of them is
to get anyone's attention..  Since then, I do not drink and drive(actually, I don't even drink) and I immediately call the cops on ANYONE
who I suspect is impaired..  Not out of the safety of the community..  I do it because I'm still furious even 16 years later..  My little sister was 15..
Her name was Isabel..  I do it out of spite..  I do it because I had to recognize 3 bodies that day..  I do it because I had to explain this to my mother as well as my aunt and uncle.
If you think I'm doing this to get a reaction, you are sadly mistaken..  I do it because I would like everyone of you that
drives drunk to be buried up to your necks in magma..  I don't give two horse's arses that this was a joke..  I absolutely abhor drunk driving and anything that glorifies it.. 
You are obliviously deluded to think anyone in their right mind who has lost someone in a drunk driving incident(to call it an accident is travesty) would find this funny.. 
As far as Serenity being a jerk:  Well, in this instance, I can think of words that would be more fitting....  All of his other posts, I find myself pee-ing my pants they are so funny.. 

As far as you're concerned, stop trying to make this into a bleeding heart "Oh I'm so hurt I need to call CNN" conversation..  This is a slap in the face to anyone who's lost anyone
in a drunk driving incident..  Just as you people get your chance to tell stupid jokes like this, I get my chance to tell how frackin' stupid it is....   

Do I want to make a scene?  Hell yes....  As big as possible..   

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »
How about if the joke went something along the lines of.....
A couple Afghani kids with a soccer ball approach a patrol while making their way back to their base..  The patrol starts playing soccer with the kids while a bunch of Taliban with weapons begin to approach the base and attack..  All the while, the kids playing soccer were the "decoy"..  Real funny, huh??

You didn't tell it very well. No build up or punchline. No joke will offend me. People who get offended by jokes should not read joke threads on the internet. It's a no-brainer, really.

It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 04:04:14 PM »

You are obliviously deluded to think anyone in their right mind who has lost someone in a drunk driving incident(to call it an accident is travesty) would find this funny.. 

Not deluded whatsoever.  I'm just much more experienced in this than you.  That's not a slap, it's just a fact.  About 1/3 think it's horrible, 1/3 think it's funny, and another 1/3 think nothing of it.  Trust me.

As far as you're concerned, stop trying to make this into a bleeding heart "Oh I'm so hurt I need to call CNN" conversation..  This is a slap in the face to anyone who's lost anyone
in a drunk driving incident..
  Just as you people get your chance to tell stupid jokes like this, I get my chance to tell how frackin' stupid it is.... 

No, it is not.  It is a slap to some people.  Not "any" person, not by any means.  That joke I posted above about my brother was a true story.

Do I want to make a scene?  Hell yes....  As big as possible..   

You're free to.  But your protest is a double edged sword, and there's a significant chance that you are hurting more than you are helping.  YMMV.

No hard feelings here...

:salute
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
I don't share this with everyone as it's not anyone's business.. 

Then why did you?

I'm sorry for your loss, but your personal problems are your personal problems. You have no right to lay this guilt-trip on Serenity. He did noting wrong; just posted a joke, and a good one at that.

-Gandhi

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
Then why did you?

I'm sorry for your loss, but your personal problems are your personal problems. You have no right to lay this guilt-trip on Serenity. He did noting wrong; just posted a joke, and a good one at that.

You guys are obviously more inclined to make yourselves feel better about this by belittling someone else's relevant position on the matter....
So be it..  Just hope it never happens to you.. 

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 04:26:02 PM »
You guys are obviously more inclined to make yourselves feel better about this by belittling someone else's relevant position on the matter....
So be it..  Just hope it never happens to you.. 

I'm not trying to belittle your relevant position.  You have every right to be ticked off.  You have every right to not find it funny.  But you're coming across as someone who says, "Only what I think is funny is ok," even though I highly doubt that was your intention.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group