Author Topic: Gaming the game  (Read 3731 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Gaming the game
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 05:15:32 PM »
If you don't know to use it is. I'm not online anymore so I was only able to do some offline testing. I've flown in this game for a long time and know what things look and feel like.  I set the K key to my stick and I can tell you this, it made a big difference, especially in the 38,... which I never flew well in anyway.

If I knew about it I would have used it and I would be fighting to keep it too I suppose. Realistically though, did WWll pilots really use it for what it's used here in this game?

I'd like to give it another shot...maybe next year when and if I return.
Using that key does give advantages.

i've tried adjusting my trim during fights. i almost always have manual trim on, so i have elevator, rudder, and aielron trims all on my stick.

adjusting the elevator up in a serious turnfight did nothing for me. werllllll....it DID make me have to re-trim when the fight got faster.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »

Another thing I just found out is that some of the best sticks in the game use the MAGIC K KEY to turn faster and tighter than anyone else plus helps you avoid auguring into the ground at high speed due to compression. Seems the K key over rules why we have compression in the first place.

Are you serious?  It has been proven time and time again that using elevator trim to make your plane turn tighter and faster is nothing more than an AH urban legend.  Not only has it been proven without a shadow of a doubt, HiTech has even confirmed it doesn't work.  Stop propogating the myth.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 05:41:33 PM »
  Turning your tank diagonal to add in more equations to the damage model. 

lol by this standard, the soviets where in violation of the articles of war, for building tanks with sloping armor!
 it is always best not to show a strait or flat angle, to your enemy,in the real world and in the internet one! look it up in armor trainiing, U.S. army, F.M.  :noid
 one inch of armor becomes more like 2 inches when sloped or turned to a 45 % angle, i guess i just assumed everyone new this, maybe you should go put that in your , "this is how i use a gv", thread.
you must just be an internet tanker, no real world expireance what so ever, with actual combat or of any kind? :x
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »
Freakin cheaters, always using those dang flaps to turn tighter.   :noid
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
  :noid :noid :noid you dont even want to see what i was thinking about posting, good thing i know what baord i am on.  lol!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »
When the word hack is used in refrence to AH people freak out. I dont know if what tools talking about is happening now, but I am sure that there is someone out there hacking AH. Its no different than any other computer game.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Wreked

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 06:15:08 PM »

Ya - next ya know they'll be using those wheels to land with instaed of for putting skid marks on hanger ceilings as ya hot-dog inverted thru em eh!!

***note - no sheep were hurt during the production of this post!
HO is a HO is a HO!!
You can lead a donkey to a FACT - you just can't make them think!

cheers eh!!

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »
  :noid :noid :noid you dont even want to see what i was thinking about posting, good thing i know what baord i am on.  lol!
:lol  - I know exactly what your talking about.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:40 PM »
When the word hack is used in refrence to AH people freak out. I dont know if what tools talking about is happening now, but I am sure that there is someone out there hacking AH. Its no different than any other computer game.

Actually it's very much different. And guys like you are just spreading distrust & paranoia, resulting in dozens of "hacks" being "witnessed" by clueless players every hour.
("No way he could have XYZ...!" Or "nice shooting thrugh hill, hacker!" on CH200)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Are you serious?  It has been proven time and time again that using elevator trim to make your plane turn tighter and faster is nothing more than an AH urban legend.  Not only has it been proven without a shadow of a doubt, HiTech has even confirmed it doesn't work.  Stop propogating the myth.

ack-ack

QFT

Proven beyond all shadow of a doubt the UP trim does not make your plane turn any tighter.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
I think being naive about hacking doesnt mean it doesnt happen. And lusche i have never accused anyone of hacking. I dont go off calling people hackers if i get shot down.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 06:23:30 PM »
:lol  - I know exactly what your talking about.
:noid :noid :noid :noid
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »
I think being naive about hacking doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

You can be naive in both directions...

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 06:27:36 PM »
You can be naive in both directions...

QFT
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »
I'm actually stunned that Tool is so clueless.

Elevator trim won't help you turn better and other than that it is used in the game just as it was in real life, as an assist to overcome control stiffness and/or compression in addition to keeping your plane flying straight and level.  There have been numerous discussions of trim in th help and training forum.

To suggest that using something one player doesn't know about or understand is gaming the game is ludicrus.  If you didn't understand trim then it was up to you to learn about it.  Didn't you ever wonder why those keys were mapped to trim and what it did?

You've also obviously never watched a film.  In every flight I film when I go to play it back my side to side head movements move outside the plane.  I only wish they did that in game as well but they don't.

As to Belial's claim that disabling other players skins is gaming the game somehow I doubt HT agrees.  He did afterall specifically place a button in the set-up labeled "disable other peoples skins".  Frankly I've never downloaded anything but the default skins and always have that button checked.  I don't want a ton of skins taking up space on my computer and I don't want to deal with micro stutters as skins download.  In fact, I wouldn't care if there were no player skins.  I do just fine in Panzers using the default skin.  Maybe your just not all the GV god you think you are.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.