Author Topic: Little troubles with Ping/Packets  (Read 303 times)

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Little troubles with Ping/Packets
« on: July 28, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »
Since the new Update (Patch 1 installed), I have a Ping and Packets problem.  When I sign in I see all the arenas, but the: Early War, Mid War, Both Late Wars, AvA, Training Arena and DA have a ping of "---" which normally only lasts a few seconds while it figures out my ping, now it can't figure it out after any amount of time.  Packet Loss on those Arenas is 100%.  However the SEA I and SEA II are working normal.

I have Aces High II allowed through my FireWall (Windows) and I have the Ports 2000-6000 Open when Aces High runs, through the Router.  I have pinged the IP address for the EW/MW/LW arenas using MS Command and get the usual, as if nothing is wrong.  Also, I can go into an arena and it will be very laggy for about 25minutes then it disconnects me.

Nothing has changed on my Internet, or PC except for the update.  I am currently trying to find a way to test on another Internet to eliminate either my Internet or my PC, unfortunately that means driving 5-7 hours.

Any Ideas why all but the SEA arenas would be all screwy suddenly?
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline df_swans_84

• Copper Member
Re: Little troubles with Ping/Packets
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:28:15 PM »
mine are the same
71st Eagles Squadron RAF

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »
Try it with windows firewall disabled and the service stopped. To stop the service go to Start>Run. Type in: services.msc  press OK. Scroll to the bottom of the list and locate the service named, "Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)," right-click it, then stop it. No, it will not permanently stop the service (Will start again on next system restart, or if you tell it to start).
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Den, unfortunately it didn't help. :(

Although I think it may, long-shot here, be the servers.  My AvA, DA and TA arenas now have Pings and average Packet status, however all the MAs are still "down".  I haven't changed anything on my end to have made them work, except of course trying the Firewall down.  I'll give it some time, maybe settings are just getting changed. :)

Offline df_swans_84

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »
same here, i have 3 new ping details up, but neither of them are the main areas
71st Eagles Squadron RAF

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »
Pings are back and Packet data is normal.  Don't know what it was, but if it's something the people at HTC did, Thank you, very nice job. :salute