Author Topic: Fuzzy Instruments  (Read 680 times)

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Re: Fuzzy Instruments
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 06:37:22 PM »
Also check the gauges after the 2.14 Patch 2 is installed.

Still no luck  :(

The Few GFC

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »
There is no difference in the clarity of the instruments when I change anti-aliasing.  I do not have a specific setting for AH, but I've tried leaving the settings application controlled and it made no difference.  Kermit suggested that I play with the video quality options, i.e. performance-quality, and that also makes no difference.

Skins appear normal.  They are not blurry like others have reported.

In the past the only thing that ever affected the clarity of the instruments was the screen resolution, but 1280x1024 doesn't have the same clarity as it used to.  Still, the instruments are not awful, but they look like they used to when I ran 1024x768.

-------------

Fwiw, the best look I've had so far is when I restore everything back to factory settings.  There might be a little bit of improvement, but it's still not as good as it was before.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:53:43 PM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 07:41:39 PM »
DL new video driver and everything looks the same

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 09:00:21 PM »
OK...here is what worked for me.

I actually uninstalled ATI Tray tools.  (previously uninstalled CCC)

I then moved antialiasing in-game to full.  Made sure vert sync was enabled.

In otherwords I'm letting the game itself control my graphic controls to the extent they can.

With the new patch I am reading correctly the vid Mem usage display.  Previous to this patch (yesterday)

My vid display read VidMem 512M  USED 4009.6 but still had max frames.

I ridded my system of ALL graphic card controlers (CCC & Tray Tools) and am letting the game control my graphics.

The only thing off is shadowing and now my Vid MeM display reads VidMeM 512M  USED 143.2M.

We just may imho have a problem with some systems that are using CCC and/or ATI Tray Tools for some reason.

My FR is now pegged at 59 -60  everything maxed to quality in-game and it looks superb.

Maybe using some type of Vid card control outside the game, and graphic setting inside the game such as anti-aliasing

we MAY be getting conflicts.  <shrugs> 

Disclaimer....this is a shot in the dark and an uneducated guess.  Best I could do  ;)

BTW if you have software that can repair your registry, (Driver Cleaner etc. use it after the uninstall...and scan your registry more

then once for problems.) 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:04:51 PM by Hajo »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 11:11:45 PM »
Just a quick question, I haven't been at my computer and won't be for a while here. Anyone with bluriness issues seen an improvement with the patch?

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 11:32:30 PM »
Just a quick question, I haven't been at my computer and won't be for a while here. Anyone with bluriness issues seen an improvement with the patch?

I saw tremendous improvement with the fuzziness after patch 2 and I didn't change anything settings wise.
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »
Hitech says they found and will be fixed next patch  :rock

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,270152.0.html