Author Topic: Loading of game after minimization/entering arena  (Read 181 times)

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
Loading of game after minimization/entering arena
« on: July 30, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »
Anyone else having problems with the graphics loading after you minimize? With me,all the terrain goes black and my plane becomes the flying alphabet,and the gunsight is the worst about this,as it is loading,the sight goes from letters,to the plane part files,to part of the wing,to a block,etc...  It has taken up to 5 minutes for me to load everything now,and the gunsight is always the last to load now,is there any way to change the load priority? I don't mind flying an all white plane for a while as long as I can shoot the other white plane in front of me  ;)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Loading of game after minimization/entering arena
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »
It took mine about 30 seconds at the begining now that i have played it more it doesnt take as long.
Strokes

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »
If it really takes 5mins it may be a bug.. or just a lack of resources on your machine, hard to tell without any DxDiag info

But if it only seems to be like 5 mins, it's not a bug, but a change in design in regards to texture preloading: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,268915.0.html

For me, it takes now ~30 seconds instead of 3 in previous AH version
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ruler2

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »
30 seconds it what I had to wait last patch,lol,now it takes forever