Author Topic: How many  (Read 1527 times)

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
How many
« on: August 02, 2009, 02:34:23 PM »
How many players have left AH within the past two months. The reason I left was not due to the update,but I am sure if I wouldn't have left the update would've made me leave. Anyways I am just wondering how many players HTC has lost.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 02:36:31 PM by LCCajun »
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: How many
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
Only a small %tage of the AH2 player base actively participates on this forum, there's no way to tell unless you have the subscription records.

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:20:51 PM »
I don't play obsessively, or even consistantly anymore, but I'm still subscribed..
I pop in once in awhile, but between the text poop talkin, and gameplay gettin
a bit on the stale side, get tired of it fairly quickly... Hoping soon that we'll get
something new and interesting in the game.. I know we will eventually, so I'm
hangin in there... Been on about 4hrs total in the last 3 tours...
LOL, I'll be back to noob status pretty soon...

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:46:30 PM »
I bet 2 to 3 times more new players have joined than left.
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 03:57:30 PM »
I think the new players will take time but if you build it they will come.

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:43:44 PM »
I bet 2 to 3 times more new players have joined than left.

hehe I doubt that highly.  The graphics aren't good enough to create a draw.

If you create graphics that are good enough to create that mass draw, then you will lose the staples of the game that will be sickened by all of the wow d00d kiddi3z coming in ganking and gaming the gaming.

They have a fine line to dance, and really need to get in line with a definitive level of computer power they are going to draw the line at.

I know its tough and almost suicide no adays to put things like that in writting, but they need to make an attempt.

IE:
We support : min single core 2.2 ghz with a 7 series nvidia card or great or ati equiv with min 1 gig ram and broadband connection.
Recommend, blah blah blah.

Target next update 05.01.10 - Minimum requirements will not be recommended requirements.  You've been warned!

Gives people a long time to accept what is going to happen, get excited about it, for HTC to work on that goal and adjust as needed during the dev time.

HTC seems like a pretty small group of guys that really doesn't seem to get the whole customer service thing.  Might be wrong here but I feel like from time to time we are an intrusion to their lives instead of enjoying their lifes passion and creation which IS AH2!

I think they need to visit more get togethers and see how many people are pretty passionate about this game..

I'm a big fan of what HTC does sometimes.  They work pretty hard at the history and reality of their creation and seem to care so much about parts of the game but others they seem to maybe not have a worry about or just dont have the resources TO worry about it.

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:33:09 AM »
hehe I doubt that highly.  The graphics aren't good enough to create a draw.

If you create graphics that are good enough to create that mass draw, then you will lose the staples of the game that will be sickened by all of the wow d00d kiddi3z coming in ganking and gaming the gaming.

They have a fine line to dance, and really need to get in line with a definitive level of computer power they are going to draw the line at.

I know its tough and almost suicide no adays to put things like that in writting, but they need to make an attempt.

IE:
We support : min single core 2.2 ghz with a 7 series nvidia card or great or ati equiv with min 1 gig ram and broadband connection.
Recommend, blah blah blah.

Target next update 05.01.10 - Minimum requirements will not be recommended requirements.  You've been warned!

Gives people a long time to accept what is going to happen, get excited about it, for HTC to work on that goal and adjust as needed during the dev time.

HTC seems like a pretty small group of guys that really doesn't seem to get the whole customer service thing.  Might be wrong here but I feel like from time to time we are an intrusion to their lives instead of enjoying their lifes passion and creation which IS AH2!

I think they need to visit more get togethers and see how many people are pretty passionate about this game..

I'm a big fan of what HTC does sometimes.  They work pretty hard at the history and reality of their creation and seem to care so much about parts of the game but others they seem to maybe not have a worry about or just dont have the resources TO worry about it.

Also remember, that many times what a customer is asking for is either completely unreliable or is not what they really want. I know this sounds silly but in games it is very true. People will leave the game regardless and unless you have something that attracts more players, how to you hope to refresh the ranks? While your thinking, great a bunch of squeakers that would not join the game. In my experience here I will tell you the 30 year olds act just as badly if not more so then many of the younger people I have met. Dispel the illusion and you see a business, that is doing its best to serve its customers the best product they can. No business will ever make 100% of people happy 100% of the time.

If you come to my business with a lack of patience, respect, and understanding, you will probably not get the customer service you expected. Because I provide a service does not mean I will walk without my dignity. I do not see HTC as any different, This is his game, his forum. You catch more fly's with honey then with salt. If you post Salt, do you really expect nice things in return.
Because you have a problem does not mean you have to act an idiot in order to voice your issue (not saying you have, just an example). It is funny all the people that come here and cry about Big bat Hi-Tech and his customer service, and never once look at their own actions. They come in and complain and cry like babies and then are upset because they are treated like babies. I am sorry, but you where acting like a babys, pretty sure that's what you wanted to be treated like (again not directed at you, just an example).

Basically you get what you put into any On-line game. You put in cry baby whine post after post, you get baby treatment, and ridicule, or just totally ignored in return. Pretty sure HTC is already swamped with legit issues and has little time for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAH..hic hic WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H. Would you?

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »
Like I've said earlier, I'm here until this game is gone.

<S>
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »
Sincraft, you sound like a moany old steriotyping bastage. You know that right ?

More players > more money for HTC > more planes and updates. STFU, ty.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:51:16 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 10:43:50 AM »

I have only been playing this game for 3 years, but I honestly think you are VERY wrong, other than the fact that they are a small group of guys and gals(girls), they have proven over and over again that they listen to and interact with their player base.
Lagger

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »
17 people have cancelled their subscription in the last 60 days.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 10:51:54 AM »
Just an FYI, I re-subscribed when the new version was released and I'm not the only one, The ney eye candy is sweet. :O
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:07:02 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 10:54:26 AM »
 It seems that LcCajun left the game due to the fact he was tired of the same old game and was getting Bored with it if I read his former posts correctly on the subject. Granted some of the players will do the same things, hoing, vulching, picking. The new version has created some controversy but also some new interest and when we work through the problems the game will be better. I've already have seen improvement and will be patient before I would throw in the towel.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »
I think the new players will take time but if you build it they will come.

yes they will and remember "If you improve it they will whine"
 :salute

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 11:04:00 AM »
Well I'm one of the 17. My computer can't hang, so what big deal. No hard feelings, except against Belial for pick hoin me in a LA7 while I was having a nice 1 V 1 and Betty for blowing my ears out on Range Vox. ( just kidding LOL)

I'll be back when I get my situation sorted out someday soon. Great game, great community, great drunken entertainment.
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW