Author Topic: How many  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Re: How many
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:24 AM »
How many players have left AH within the past two months. The reason I left was not due to the update,but I am sure if I wouldn't have left the update would've made me leave. Anyways I am just wondering how many players HTC has lost.

This is the best game out there, why leave?
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 11:11:19 AM »
HTC just needs to remake the commercial they run on the History Channel occaisionally...  Fresh squeekers for everyone!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 11:13:12 AM »

I'll be back when I get my situation sorted out someday soon. Great game, great community, great drunken entertainment.
Later billy, im thinking the same thing.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 11:22:25 AM »
  Granted some of the players will do the same things, hoing, vulching, picking.

What a crock.  Everybody picks.... everybody does. Otherwise the arena would be full of 300 guys locked in 150 1v1's.  Vulching... just about everyone does this as well. It's not the vultures fault someone is willing to up in front of their guns. This isn't bad gameplay... it's just gameplay.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
What a crock.  Everybody picks.... everybody does. Otherwise the arena would be full of 300 guys locked in 150 1v1's.  Vulching... just about everyone does this as well. It's not the vultures fault someone is willing to up in front of their guns. This isn't bad gameplay... it's just gameplay.
Here Here. If you suck. Get better. This is the virtue of competition. If you don't want to get better, or are unable to wrap you head around pwnage, then get used to it and suffer quietly. Otherwise, go make people look stupid. It's soooooo much fun.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

HTC seems like a pretty small group of guys that really doesn't seem to get the whole customer service thing.  Might be wrong here but I feel like from time to time we are an intrusion to their lives instead of enjoying their lifes passion and creation which IS AH2!

As someone who as worked in the operational side of the gaming industry for quite a few years (the last 8 or so on MMO's) and who also has very good knowledge of the other MMO companies customer support services and how they operate, I have to disagree.  It has been my experience while being a customer of HTC and their game, by far thy're are probably amongst the best in customer service support for any online game.  You will be very hard pressed to see the quality of HTC's customer service in other online games.  Sure, the small size of HTC and the game itself helps them maintain this edge but it still doesn't negate the fact their customer service is definitely top tier.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 04:34:21 PM »
Sincraft, you sound like a moany old steriotyping bastage. You know that right ?

More players > more money for HTC > more planes and updates. STFU, ty.

you know, skuzzy text suspended me for a week once for saying the part before ty.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline A8HatTrick

• Copper Member
      • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
How many players have left AH within the past two months. The reason I left was not due to the update,but I am sure if I wouldn't have left the update would've made me leave. Anyways I am just wondering how many players HTC has lost.

You havent left, your still posting.... and denying yourself is all.  If you wanted to leave, posting here would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.  Now accept your addiction and come on back.   :salute
A8HatTrick flying WWII sims since 1992
Aces and 8's A8's http://a8s.us aka A8hatrik
-htrk- War Birds Beta .07 thru 2.1
-=Old Farts=- War Birds "Yo Frodo!"
No 308(Polish)Squadron RAF "City of Cracow"  "Yo fdski!"

Offline RAS

• Copper Member
      • http://flyingaces.bizland.com/54sq/main.htm
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »
Been playing since the beta (the original one, not the latest patch one) and have always been impressed with the folks at HTC and the game they are providing.  Heck, when I first started someone else had the callsign Rascal so I settled for a form of it RAS.  When I emailed (I believe it was Skuzzy, but it has been so long ago I can't recall) and asked to see if the callsign was still being used (the fella that had it didn't want to duel for the callsign...thats his right of course). I received an email back very quickly stating it was still in use.  Almost a month later I got another email stating it was now available and would I like to change....I did, and have been RASCAL ever since.  Thanks again HTC for the gaming pleasure you have brought us here.

Not sure how many have left, and don't really care so long as there are plenty still here to play the game.

Hope to see you all in the unfriendly skies of AH2.

Good luck and good hunting.

RASCAL

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »
As someone who as worked in the operational side of the gaming industry for quite a few years (the last 8 or so on MMO's) and who also has very good knowledge of the other MMO companies customer support services and how they operate, I have to disagree.  It has been my experience while being a customer of HTC and their game, by far thy're are probably amongst the best in customer service support for any online game.  You will be very hard pressed to see the quality of HTC's customer service in other online games.  Sure, the small size of HTC and the game itself helps them maintain this edge but it still doesn't negate the fact their customer service is definitely top tier.
ack-ack

Uhh ya.  Amen.   I doubt the WoW crowd could call customer service and talk to the game creator. I've spoken to Roy(Skuzzy) and Dale(HiTech), as have many of us, on mulitiple occasions and was always very pleased with the way I was treated. They're genuinely nice guys and  really do listen to what you have to say.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »
Uhh ya.  Amen.   I doubt the WoW crowd could call customer service and talk to the game creator. I've spoken to Roy(Skuzzy) and Dale(HiTech), as have many of us, on mulitiple occasions and was always very pleased with the way I was treated. They're genuinely nice guys and  really do listen to what you have to say.
Yup... I don't play WoW, but I don't think the CEO of Blizzard logs into the game to do tech support.

Offline A8Jaraxl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 05:50:02 PM »
Yup... I don't play WoW, but I don't think the CEO of Blizzard logs into the game to do tech support.

Shoot you can not talk to anyone that is even close to a Dev in that game. You get to send E-mails. And if you think your Board posts on here are ignored AHAHAHAHAHA.

Try posting on a blizzard board... :O   :furious    :noid

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »
I would say very few. And of those a good percentage will return. Lets face it the game is too addicting!!!! In fact wife ack suggested that maybe there should be an AHA support group formed around the country. ( AHA - Aces High Anonymous ).  :rolleyes:
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
I In fact wife ack suggested that maybe there should be an AHA support group formed around the country.

The support group meets annually in Dayton.

Offline Scratchman

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »
The support group meets annually in Dayton.
Oh crud now I'll have to block her access to this info on the web.  :lol
Proud member of the Ground Pounders. Pounding our way to victory!