Author Topic: New patch seems to be a problem.  (Read 999 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: New patch seems to be a problem.
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »
gyrene....I do hope you've gotten my point.

I post and others do also in the proper forums.  History tells me a lot don't.

Thus my post here.

Some are new....and some rarely visit the boards.

I try to cover all bases.

Hajo
- The Flying Circus -

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 01:50:06 PM »
Patch 3.  Mid 40's and 50's FR, without detailed terrain, 20's with detailed on.

Patch 4.  Low teens FR without detailed, can't turn detailed on at all.

I thought there was supposed to be a gain in this patch?  Although, from squaddies, it seems this patch somehow overrode people's onboard vidcard settings somehow.  I just started manually reverting mine, will report back.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 03:37:21 PM »
I would seriously doubt the crashes you see are do to the latest patch, the things that changed were very simple and minor changes.

I have no doubt that there is a CTD bug currently in the code, the key is when I hear of multiple people having it at one time when they are in the same area.

I currently have no idea what could be causing this crash, I would suspect 1 of 3 conditions.

1. A terrain related issue that is caused by one terrain, possible when when some item on the terrain is destroyed.
2. It is related to how many people or objects are in one area and possibly when a condition is triggered such as some one dies or takes hits, or many weapons are in the air.
3. An issue relating to 1 plane, that when it takes hits in certain area, anyone in vis range of that plane CTD's.

Anyway, any information about the conditions you can think that were surrounding your flight when a CTD happens helps me a lot in trying to determine what the cause is.

HiTech

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
I would seriously doubt the crashes you see are do to the latest patch, the things that changed were very simple and minor changes.

I have no doubt that there is a CTD bug currently in the code, the key is when I hear of multiple people having it at one time when they are in the same area.

I currently have no idea what could be causing this crash, I would suspect 1 of 3 conditions.

1. A terrain related issue that is caused by one terrain, possible when when some item on the terrain is destroyed.
2. It is related to how many people or objects are in one area and possibly when a condition is triggered such as some one dies or takes hits, or many weapons are in the air.
3. An issue relating to 1 plane, that when it takes hits in certain area, anyone in vis range of that plane CTD's.

Anyway, any information about the conditions you can think that were surrounding your flight when a CTD happens helps me a lot in trying to determine what the cause is.

HiTech

Well, Saturday night I got this WSOD when I was bombing a CV with lancs.  As soon as my bombs hit or just about to hit, I got the WSOD.  Just before this happened, I released the bombs and then went into 1 of my guns to defend myself against enemy cons.  Had a spit and f4u about to shoot at me when poof, WSOD which look like it was right when my bombs were to hit.  I didn't get and gun destroyed message just before the WSOD.  It just went to WSOD.

Last sunday (Aug 2nd) during the HMS, the entire SEA I arena got booted and when we returned to the arena, it was completely reset including the country's, all the CM setting's, etc..  However, wasn't a WSOD, was just a Host connection lost.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Hepcat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09:28 PM »
In last week's snapshot scenario, I had just bailed from a damaged stuka when we had a mass lockup that affected myself and quite a few nearby pilots.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 04:55:48 PM »
Was in the training arena checking my new video cards & the screen froze up & had to reboot. I came back to the training arena & every one was gone so this must have happened to every one in there at that point in time as well.
Well I will add a little more since Hitech has requested more info.

Prior to the crash I was in a Brewster Buffalo & was messing around with two I-16's over A1 in the on line training arena & I had noticed the access road for the truck supply route leading on to the base had whited out as far back as I could see it.

Then I took several hits from the I-16's & all the bullet holes were square & white patches all over the skin of the plane.

I logged out & back in a few times trying to clear the white access road & on about the third attempt it corrected it self. Then shortly after I had all of what transpired in the above quote section.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 06:25:14 PM »

HiTech

As I said it happened at A34 Luzon Terrain Friday Night in FSO when the LOGs were running.  I have film of it and 20+ people all in the midsts of a fight all CTDed.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,271159.0.html
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 07:58:42 PM »
Also when people are saying white screens does Alt F4 close the AH and does it look just as if no textures are loading? We may be speaking of 2 different bugs her.

HiTEch

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »
HT it goes to white screen and then the standard Aces High must close from windows.
Fencer

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 10:02:43 PM »
the WSOD becomes a Aceshigh.exe exemption error.  Aceshigh will now close.  Do u want to send a report to Microsoft type error.

I just got this error 1 minute ago in a p47d-40 over a42 in the blue arena with map currently loaded.  Was attacking the field and planes on it with guns.  Alrdy dropped my ords "bombs and rockets" on it prior to this WSOD.  Actually flew around the base for 15 mins after I dropped my last ord.  I keeping a cap on the enemy field when I got the WSOD.  Lost 9 kills,lol.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW

Offline Hepcat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
In last week's snapshot scenario, I had just bailed from a damaged stuka when we had a mass lockup that affected myself and quite a few nearby pilots.

Mine was a screen freeze of the fuselage as I was bailing. Aces High had crashed and Windows recorded an error message in the log, but I couldn't get my desktop to display or do anything at all, like bring up the start menu. Ventrillo kept running, and closed when I used Alt-F4. I used the reset button on my PC to reboot after that.

I am running Vista 64-bit on a core i7 940 processor, 6GB of ram, and a single ATI 4870 512MB video card with the latest drivers (9.7).

Good hunting.

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 04:53:41 AM »
just found out that my whole squad that was over the field and others that were not in my squad got booted at sametime.  Definately a object, skin, etc.. like Hitech stated is the problem.  Now the trick is how to pin point it ,lol.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »
Fencer, can you send me the film?

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 09:42:08 AM »
Sure thing, I will do so as soon as I get home today.
Fencer

Offline Fencer51

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »
Pyro check PMs for link to film.  5.36 MB
Fencer