Author Topic: Stop dropping FHs....  (Read 19328 times)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
Re: Stop dropping FHs....
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2009, 09:33:58 AM »
  There was a furball monday night and the Enemy having the upper hand pushed to the base and proceded to vulch the runway. Only with relitively equal numbers does a furball exist.
  Dogfite dropped some hangers for the Rooks Tuesday night and We welcome him any time. We won't discriminate we have tolerance for all. Except maybe sideswitchers that spy and give away some mission plans, players that type in all text (you know who you are), oh yeah and noobs and squeakers that won't shut up or stop typing nonsense.  :furious

Amnesty for all Knits and Bish who switch in the next 48 hours.   :D   
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 12, 2009, 09:34:21 AM »
I would impose a penalty for this if I was HTC as it detracts from the nature of the game. 

You may not know, bu Hitech himself once was looking for a way to do this.

Unfortunately, apaprently no one has found a feasible one yet.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2009, 09:43:34 AM »
You may not know, bu Hitech himself once was looking for a way to do this.

Unfortunately, apaprently no one has found a feasible one yet.

Pitty. I would think it is easy to see who it is as they would be the one who bailed 3 bombers in a row. The penallty should in my opinion be at least a 24 hour ban.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2009, 09:58:09 AM »
Don't forget FBdred and his lemmings for knights. :lol

Yeah!  How come no one ever mentions these turds??
Uh oh..  Did I say turds?? 
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:13 AM »
In the case of the former what is it about the word "typical" you dont understand?

I say typical and I dont doubt what your saying I just have never seen either. The vast majority of fights seem to be directed toward an objective.

And why dont you go to the Furball Arena or ask for a better one if the one we have is no good????

The only flaw in the game and game play I have seen in this thread exposed is Bomb and  Bail. I would impose a penalty for this if I was HTC as it detracts from the nature of the game. 

You may be right on typical. But not all are like that.  :aok

Generally when it gets to that point the furballers get bored with it and the base takers take it from there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
Pitty. I would think it is easy to see who it is as they would be the one who bailed 3 bombers in a row. The penallty should in my opinion be at least a 24 hour ban.

Same as for fighter pilots bailing, because they are bored and want to go to a different fight more quickly? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2009, 10:09:34 AM »
Same as for fighter pilots bailing, because they are bored and want to go to a different fight more quickly? ;)

No idea why they would not return or better yet waste a perfectly good auger opp.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2009, 10:18:33 AM »

I like to land them, because for me it is fun to take a plane up, fight, and then land(yea, sick I know).   I will bail in a heartbeat whether in a fighter, bomber or GV for a squaddie or a squad op.  Interesting question though Lusche... :)
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
We have an expression in England "couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery". Furballers are the antithesis of  organisation. Furballers could not and would not organise a furball in a furball arena. Furballers dont make furballs but they shortsightedly seek to control them.
Quoted for the keen insight. 

Now for my tangent:  A furball doesn’t always mean fun fights.

Last night (Titanic Tuesday), there were at least three large, persistent furballs going on.  None were fun.  It was gang or be ganged. 

I was behind a N1K with no green guys between us.  At least four green guys were firing over my shoulder.  This is fun?  Shortly after, I witnessed five fighters pouncing on a low A-20.  Still later, I chased down a dot only to be joined by three ‘name’ players who promptly ganged the red guy.

My point is that not all furballs are created equal.  There are good furballs.  There are fun fights, which is why I keep coming back.  It takes a rare alignment of skills parity, plane choices, and player behaviors.

GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline 1DOGFITE

• Copper Member
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2009, 10:39:01 AM »

Well. Well......I didn't realize that I had become so famous.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2009, 11:32:47 AM »

I dunno about famouns... maybe infamous.  I have run into you exactly twice that I  remember, once last night. You were with 4 or 5 sets of buffs last night.  At least 3 sets, including you in your last plane, bombed and bailed.  Like I said, that's serious sweetheartbaggery
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
I think you have to admit it is funny that bomber pilots are about the only people on earth we get mad at when they DON'T try their best to land.  Let's just coad it so pacerr and company have to fly bombers, and leave it at that :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »

I saw you for the first time last night. You were asking for help. I've never seen you in the air.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:46 AM »
just the title of this thread almost makes one want to drop as many fighter hangars as one can.

possibly a nice big mission to the front line bases...and drop whatever we can before we get kilt.

i like seeing those cartoon fires. they make it easier for me to navigate my cartoon airplane through the cartoon sky back to my cartoon base, so i can have some cartoon beer with my cartoon crewchief, then re-up in a cartoon fighter to go fly into some cartoon trees.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2009, 12:40:55 PM »
Sir Ack-Ack and Dmbear, Thanks for the kind words..<S> It really doesn't cost anything to play nice...and most of the community like you guys are stand up individuals. I was thinking if a bomber guy gets to a base ..its always good to ask what they need ..most time the good guys are happy if you drop the VH. ..sometimes the good guys will want you to drag your bait for them....Sometimes they do want you to hit the town. Finally if you still have eggs left at a furball base you can have fun dropping a line down the runway!..You might get a kill and if you don't you will take out some of the most dangerous ack in the interior of the field.