Author Topic: Hoards  (Read 3166 times)

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
Re: Hoards
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2009, 03:18:52 AM »
Actually, it was either the Persians or the Phoenicians...can't remember.  :D They just didn't have air superiority.
Umm...nope.
Here's a very early horde...
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2009, 03:25:28 AM »
Sounds like a grade school dance.

ack-ack

Am I the only person who found that joke funny?

:lol

oh and thoughts on the subject:

Its nothing new, and it is almost unavoidable as you can not control everyone.

Like previously mentioned, I enjoy fighting the horde, it ensures I have a chance at hitting something with my gunfire.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2009, 09:54:18 AM »

:lol

Need a hanky for that brown nose?

Here's Proof! (see above) I wonder if some think I was brown nosing when I agreed with you earlier in this thread about Rooks defending 165 ferociously in one arena. No sir I know what I speak of. So apparently I'm brown nosing if I disagree and not brown nosing when I do. What a wonderful politician you would make.

BTW, you can ask Bish, I have ran many many missions. Dadsguns and I were the first to use the term "In-Your-Face" to describe above dar missions into heavily defended bases. It's tough to run a mission, you have everyone in the mission with their own idea about how the mission should work or maybe someone missing an advancing werble. Sometimes it only takes one person in the right place to ruin a mission or a wayward goon driver. One day I ran about 10 missions successively. (That get's old by the way as I like variety).

Uh, where's your proof!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:30:23 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline olskool2

• Zinc Member
      • Total Nonsense
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2009, 10:09:31 AM »
Every country has the same percentages of horders, tool shedders, massive missions runners, vet dogfighters, newbs and spies as every other country. Period. Fly with all three countries for 1+ month each and this will be proven to you.

It's best to simply come to terms with it and try to strategically deal. A lot of times you can fly through in something fast and have half the horde chase you 20 miles away from base, effectively taking away half their offensiveness.

On the flip side, you can always try to enlist random people for small, 4-5 plane, fighter sweep missions. Those are usually very fun if you can get some unit cohesion going.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »
Here's Proof! (see above) I wonder if some think I was brown nosing when I agreed with you earlier in this thread about Rooks defending 165 ferociously in one arena. No sir I know what I speak of. So apparently I'm brown nosing if I disagree and not brown nosing when I do. What a wonderful politician you would make.

BTW, you can ask Bish, I have ran many many missions. Dadsguns and I were the first to use the term "In-Your-Face" to describe above dar missions into heavily defended bases. It's tough to run a mission, you have everyone in the mission with their own idea about how the mission should work or maybe someone missing an advancing werble. Sometimes it only takes one person in the right place to ruin a mission or a wayward goon driver. One day I ran about 10 missions successively. (That get's old by the way as I like variety).

Uh, where's your proof!

When I started the game I constantly joined missions as a crutch.  I was getting hammered to death out there all alone.  I learned a lot, and I started posting them myself shortly after.  As bad as I was flying and with little mission experience I was still able to get a bunch of goobers with ords, overwhelm with #'s, and still feel good about it.  The strategy is simple.

But like you said, "That get's old by the way as I like variety."

I don't mind missions.  I don't look down at those that run missions.  I'll even join a few here and there.  I just don't think it should promote chest thumping.

Of course missions and Hordes can be seperate. 

The best missions are never "posted".

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »

Soz, wrong game.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2009, 12:19:51 PM »

Uh, where's your proof!

None of the above matter except where you claim  you know what you speak of.  You said:

Doesn't surprise you can't with that attitude

Again, you have no idea if I can or not. So no, you don't know what you speak of.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
Umm...nope.
Here's a very early horde...
(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl ROFL...you got me on that one...still no air superiority and just one type of attack vehicle.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2009, 01:00:54 PM »
And we know that is 54 how?

:aok  Even Jaxx can admit his country IS NOT hording 54.

The Knights are the new hoard actually.  If you havent seen it, you will.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline texastc316

• Silver Member
      • Mighty 316th
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »

+1
TexsTC-CO/Court Jester-Mighty 316th FS "CREEPING DEATH"  in MA/FSO

The eager pilots are not experienced. And the experienced not eager.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2009, 02:37:51 PM »
When I started the game I constantly joined missions as a crutch.  I was getting hammered to death out there all alone.  I learned a lot, and I started posting them myself shortly after.  As bad as I was flying and with little mission experience I was still able to get a bunch of goobers with ords, overwhelm with #'s, and still feel good about it.  The strategy is simple.

But like you said, "That get's old by the way as I like variety."

I don't mind missions.  I don't look down at those that run missions.  I'll even join a few here and there.  I just don't think it should promote chest thumping.

Of course missions and Hordes can be seperate. 

The best missions are never "posted".

I totally agree (obviously)

I still have a lot of respect for people like Ghi, Joker, Dredger, Falcon23, and Apdrone (back in the day) who can put a solid mission together. Missions can be fun on several levels, team, social, and accomplishment.

As for me I never joined missions when I started playing the game. Lone wolfing was the only way. Right now I have no interest in missions maybe that will change in the future.

I did a little personal survey of the last couple of times I played. 9 of my kills were from stopping missions and about 9 were from just furballing. Read that as you may.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2009, 02:42:04 PM »
And we know that is 54 how?

This really doesnt matter, but it was 54.  You seem defensive.  :rolleyes: Untill I was looking though my screenshots for a nice pic of a horde, I never even noticed Jaxx's comment.  Knowing Jaxx, he was prolly just being funny.  I doubt anyone would actually defend that swarm as not being a horde.

The Knights are the new hoard actually.  If you havent seen it, you will.

I don't think nits horde any more or less than other countries.

Is this "New Hoard" knights in Blue or Orange.  I wouldnt think that it would be orange because lately we have been outnumbered on a regular basis.  I'm sure the guys that usually fly on the low #'s side will back me up on that. 80th, AoM.  Of course it changes at certain times of the day.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
All countries horde.

The only real difference I see is the bish are better at organizing than the other 2.

I've been involved in countless hordes, organized and unorganized. However, I will go lone wolfing to grab a few kills (if I can) that you are not likely to get in a horde.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »

The only real difference I see is the bish are better at organizing than the other 2.

Some might say resort to organizing more often .