Author Topic: P=39 on Military channel  (Read 633 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
P=39 on Military channel
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:21:29 PM »
Just saw the ad.

An episode of "Great Planes" dedicated to the P-39 will be on the military channel on friday nite.  :x

If anyones interested that is.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Re: P=39 on Military channel
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »
I'd be interested if they'd get a new host and pay attention to their editing when they make the episodes. Thats got to be the worst show on the Military Channel. (Would be second if 'Showdown' was still on. That show made me sick.)
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:07:24 PM »
woo hoo! Thanks for the heads up, I've had an unhealthy obsession with that plane as of late. 
The 39D is particularly unhealthy to fly around the late war arenas. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »
Can't wait.
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
I'd be interested if they'd get a new host and pay attention to their editing when they make the episodes. Thats got to be the worst show on the Military Channel. (Would be second if 'Showdown' was still on. That show made me sick.)

Unfortunatly, there aren't alot of shows that cater to our common interest in WW2 aircraft.

So, I'll take what I can get with a grain of salt.  :noid
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »
Unfortunatly, there aren't alot of shows that cater to our common interest in WW2 aircraft.

So, I'll take what I can get with a grain of salt.  :noid

Wings is still the Gold Standard IMO. Nothing since comes close. Though at least Dogfights was entertaining.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 06:41:41 PM »
Havnt seen wings on in a long time
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
Nope, nothing beats the cd's i have here. NOTHING

http://www.eztakes.com/store/movie/Flight-Check-Fighters-The-How-To-Fly-Series-Disc-1-Movie-Download.jsp

http://www.eztakes.com/store/movie/Flight-Check-Fighters-The-How-To-Fly-Series-Disc-2-Movie-Download.jsp

Cd 1 Is P-47 P-61 black widow Me 262
CD2 is P-38 P-39 P-40

They even go into detail in how the fule systems work and such, one of the best dvd's to show the details of the aircraft, this is what the boys in ww2 watched before sitting in the seats, and you cant beat that.

Most come with film showing exactly what settings you need to get the planes to start up, and trust me, no picture or videos go this into detail when it comes to eachA/C..guys..if you think any game even closely represents the real fighters of ww2, you have been mistaken. These things...are...complicated to say the LEAST. :Edit:

Trust me!!

Oh..a taste ;)   Watch the quick clips,youll understabnd what im talking about.

No jokes, no lies..get them, enjoy them..that go's for you too HTC!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 06:57:02 PM by BaDkaRmA158Th »
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 07:01:15 PM »
Thats got to be the worst show on the Military Channel. (Would be second if 'Showdown' was still on. That show made me sick.)

heheheh I figured I wasnt the only one that felt this way  :aok

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 09:12:30 AM »
I'm definatly gunna watch it, but I think I know how it's gunna go:  It was widely used in the meditterranean, it was widely used it the new guinea campaign, it was widely used in the aeleutian campaign, but what is missing here?
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:28:02 AM »
Years ago, The Discovery Channel, had a series called "Great Planes", It was Excellent!!!
Discovery ran it under the title, "WINGS"... Some might remember it?
Film, commentary, was all good!!!   Had a narrator with a Brit accent, that didn't feel the need
to have his face on screen...  Aside from calling .50cals, 50mm, LOL, it was great stuff...
Have MANY of those old episodes on VHS... Lucky me, knew it would be worthwhile to keep em!!!

Watched an episode of the NEW, "Great Planes".... IT SUCKS!!!   Saw about 5mins of it, had to
turn it off... Don't they realize what a disservice they are doing!!!  Cheezy boob. as a narrator,
doesn't know doodly squat, and uses a really fake emotive style, that makes me want to SMACK HIM!!!
What a joke!!!

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
I'm definatly gunna watch it, but I think I know how it's gunna go:  It was widely used in the meditterranean, it was widely used it the new guinea campaign, it was widely used in the aeleutian campaign, but what is missing here?

No doubt there will be a comment about the Russians using it as a ground attack a/c. :devil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »
Just saw the ad.

An episode of "Great Planes" dedicated to the P-39 will be on the military channel on friday nite.  :x

If anyones interested that is.

so how many times during the episode will this guy tell us about his skills in the f22?   :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 10:30:21 AM »
Years ago, The Discovery Channel, had a series called "Great Planes", It was Excellent!!!
Discovery ran it under the title, "WINGS"... Some might remember it?
Film, commentary, was all good!!!   Had a narrator with a Brit accent, that didn't feel the need
to have his face on screen...  Aside from calling .50cals, 50mm, LOL, it was great stuff...
Have MANY of those old episodes on VHS... Lucky me, knew it would be worthwhile to keep em!!!

Watched an episode of the NEW, "Great Planes".... IT SUCKS!!!   Saw about 5mins of it, had to
turn it off... Don't they realize what a disservice they are doing!!!  Cheezy boob. as a narrator,
doesn't know doodly squat, and uses a really fake emotive style, that makes me want to SMACK HIM!!!
What a joke!!!

RC

they stll show that on the propaganda.....oops......mili tary channel late at night.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »