Author Topic: White Flashing Screen possible fix  (Read 494 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
White Flashing Screen possible fix
« on: August 13, 2009, 06:58:33 AM »
When I log in I get a nearly immediate sceen flashing of white every so many frames. I was testing the pre-rendered frames setting to see how it affects fps and I discovered when I set this to 0 I dont have the white flashing screen at all but I am travelling and I cannot fly so its only a possible fix until I can test it this weekend (unless someone else is having the same problem and checks it out). Using patch 5 at this point.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: White Flashing Screen possible fix
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 08:01:16 AM »
Chalange: Can you disable 1 card to see if you results change?

That # should be set at application preference.

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:48:51 PM »
I cant get to it right now. I tried to disable one with software and the white screen flashing never happened but I think to properly test it I will have to be home and remove the other card. I will try that tomorrow.

There is no option for application preference for max-rendered frames. It uses either global settings or a number from 0-8.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »
I cant get to it right now. I tried to disable one with software and the white screen flashing never happened but I think to properly test it I will have to be home and remove the other card. I will try that tomorrow.

There is no option for application preference for max-rendered frames. It uses either global settings or a number from 0-8.

Whatever number you have it set on, take it down one number.  For example, if it's set at 4, bring it down to 3 and try again.  If it doesn't work, bring it down yet again until you hit zero.  You don't really want to high up in numbers because it can result in mouse input lag.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:06 PM »
I was testing the pre-rendered frames setting to see how it affects fps and I discovered when I set this to 0 I dont have the white flashing screen at all but I am travelling and I cannot fly so its only a possible fix until I can test it this weekend (unless someone else is having the same problem and checks it out). Using patch 5 at this point.
Ack Ack...he has tried it at zero and the flashing screen doesn't happen. What he's trying to figure out whether the cause it hardware or software related.

I have mine set to max - 8 with no mouse input lag...but then I only have 1 video card, no SLI or Crossfire mode.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »
Mine is set at 6--no issues.

Using only 1 vid card though--no SLI/Crossfire.

Hope this helps.

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »
It would appear to be fixed with patch 6 or whatever sets it off didnt happen all day today.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 12:37:02 PM »
Scratch that! I dont know what I did different today but its back with a vengeance. Im going through the tests all over again.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »
Results:

SLI w/ pre-rendered set to 4 - White Flash
SLI off w/ prerendered set to 4 - No White Flash
SLI w/ pre-rendered set to 3 - White Flash
SLI off w/ prerendered set to 3 - No White Flash
SLI w/ pre-rendered set to 2 - White Flash
SLI off w/ prerendered set to 2 - No White Flash
SLI w/ pre-rendered set to 1 - White Flash
SLI off w/ prerendered set to 1 - No White Flash
SLI w pre-rendered set to 0 - No White Flash
SLI off w/ prerendered set to 0 - No White Flash

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02:56:24 PM »
Chalange does fps change at all with pre rendered #?

HiTech

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 03:37:32 PM »
Nivida has mine set at 3. I got no flashes until i went to #6 and 8. And that was just on the clipboard when i first bring the game up. Gameplay is smoother at #8 with no difference in FRs. Although FRs are not steady at any setting. They vary from the 40s to 80s,90s sometimes over 100.
I have sli turned on.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 09:04:45 PM »
Chalange does fps change at all with pre rendered #?

HiTech

With all terrain details bump mapping and shadow options on with antialiasing at maximum and the clipboard open I get 40-46 fps in the B24 cockpit. If I get near a factory or field or carrier and try to pan my view outside of the plane I get small hesitations (barely noticeable but not as smooth as normal) which I was hoping the pre-rendered setting would improve. With everything turned up I get better frames with pre-rendered set to 3 as things are right now. Im hoping you find something that helps to smooth things out so I can better judge. I can very easily adjust frames to max by dropping out the shadows or antialiasing but the game looks so good now I would hate to have to do that.

Yes the frame rate changes but not by a whole lot maybe 3-4 fps. All this with one card defeated.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:07:38 PM by Chalenge »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
Im travelling again this week and here at the hotel the connection is terrible. I didnt know the game would defeat advanced graphics options in that case but it sure does! Or is it something else that causes that?