Author Topic: Lets talk about or sticks!!!!!!  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: Lets talk about or sticks!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »
What are your questions about the TM gear Gary? Also you can go to the forums over at frugalsworld.com and check out the Cougar community there.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
I will check that site out. I was just trying to figure out the better stick. Since CH and TM are abou the same price. Except the TM I was looking at had a throttle. It was all abot $250.
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »
Well, I've broken 2 Saitek ST290 Pros and 2 Saitek AV8R's in 17 months.  Newegg replaced one of the ST290's at no charge, Best Buy exchanged one of the AV8R's, and Mad Cats either repaired or replaced another under warranty.  Now I'm going to see if they will fix the recently broken ST290 under warranty.  When my final AV8R breaks I guess I'll go CH.

I like the sticks.  It's just too bad they are built so poorly.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:06:28 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »
Using a Saitek Av8tr currently, not a bad stick, still prefer the Logitech 3D Pro for feel.  I use a Logitech Steering Wheel w/ pedals for rudder, may not be the same tension, but these things have gone through 2 1/2 years of abuse and are working perfectly, I would never buy a dedicated Rudder set, these work too well.

Broke an older Saitek ST290, the calibration is mostly shot on the Logitech and the Av8T is getting there, just had the first break, the little Secondary fire flap came off. :(

Overall I prefer spending a little money now and then for something I know well instead of a lot for something I don't know at all. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »
I will check that site out. I was just trying to figure out the better stick. Since CH and TM are abou the same price. Except the TM I was looking at had a throttle. It was all abot $250.

Just in case you are trying to get a price. http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Cougar-Flight-Stick/dp/B000062SSB/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
Actually I think i found my new set up!!!!!!!!! :O The logitech G940
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/&cl=us,en
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »
Actually I think i found my new set up!!!!!!!!! :O The logitech G940
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/joysticks/&cl=us,en

Its up to you, but I'd wait before I jumped into that swamp. They do call them "logicrap" for nothing.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 07:49:45 AM »
September 3rd is the scheduled release date in North America for the G940 and September 17th in Europe...if you are interested.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2735912/3.html
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »
September 3rd is the scheduled release date in North America for the G940 and September 17th in Europe...if you are interested.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2735912/3.html

Been reading that forum since it first started, lots of good info... Looks like its going to be pretty good to me...
The features speak for themselves.. Longevity? It seems that Logitech is aware that the longevity of their
current models is a major point of criticism... Can't imagine that they didn't take this opportunity to remedy this...
Hope so... But if not, I'll find out!!!  Interesting also, is that the logitech rep said, that it was going to be soft and
hardware upgradable too... Ooooh man, that opens gigantic potential for the future... Hmmmm, $300bucks,  OK!!!

Already put my money down :x.... :D   Mostly I like the fact that it has enough programmable functions onboard
the Hotas, that I can virtually eliminate the keyboard for flight functions and vox.. Thinking about a gamepad with
macros, for .commands......  Then all that the keyboard will do is Text........Ugh!!!!
                                     How about that offswitch for the chat buffer Skuzzy?? ;)

RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Note.  If you do a search in Hardware and software you will find numerous posts on problems with Logitech and Saitek.

I can't get my X52 to........calibrate, spikes,etc. you name it.

You will find very few relating to CH Products.  Other then stating you should switch to them.

BTW, you don't need a fighterstick.  Why pay more for just one hat switch?

I find the 568 Combatstick USB along with my Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals to be superior.

With all three components the extra Hat is not needed in any way.  So why pay the extra money

for the Fighterstick when the Combatstick is just as good performance wise and cheaper?
- The Flying Circus -

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
U can program the extra hat for lots of things.  Autopilot, clipboard, mass squelch, etc. I have 3 hats in my x52 and and they"re all mapped to different functions I only use keyboard. Chat on 200 or country.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »
Thrustmaster cougar and CH pedals, my only wish is that the pedals felt more sturdy.

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »
I have had Logicraps and going to the full CH set-up was like going from night to day.    CH will repair stick for the cost of shipping IF there is a problem....................an d thats a BIG IF. Purchased my CH pedals and stick four years ago and it is as functional and responsive as the day it came out of the box.   Ultimately it is up to you but if your going for the long term........CH is the ONLY way to go!  Good Luck!

The REV     :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 12:35:50 PM »
I went through 2 X52's. love them. for versatility and functionality you cant beat them. i had all my views on 1 thumb. it was great. switched over to CH. super smooth, much better feel but not the versatility of the X52. if you could put the 2 together it would be a great setup.

i use saitek rudders and havent had any problems with them or the CH's or the Saitek sticks.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »
The only real problem are the design flaws in the CH Pro Pedals that have been inherent since the first Pro Pedals came out in the '90s and never fixed. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song