Author Topic: Lazerr's trials and tribulations  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Lazerr's trials and tribulations
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »
All of the above steps complete, still total lockup.  Same error each time, driver is failing. 

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:40 PM »
Skuzzy do you know which driver I should be using?  Is there a way you can link it for me?  When i installed the last driver I could have swore it was 66.93, the recommended one.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »
This is for FX5500 Windows XP     http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_175.19_whql.html
Lazerr...according to the advanced search on Nvidia's website going through the archived drivers search...the one ColTomb linked is the latest available for that video card.

The only other choice is to uninstall the driver under your device manager then go to update.microsoft.com and see if there is a driver there...it's going to be at least a year old and you won't have the forceware software with it but it will work with that card.

After everything you have done the only other thing I can think of is that video card is about to puke on you...  :(
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Well, that card he listed is an error on Nvidia's part, It will not work with this card.  Other 5500FX users have the same review.   WHAT i did get to work so far, is using Omega Drivers in the 66.93 version, so far things seem to be running pretty damn good, I guess tonight will tell.

I really appreciate all the help you guys were, learned quite a bit through all this hassle.  I guess thats what you get for running a dinosaur system. :D

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »
Mine is a 2000 XP Home Edition and I run the game fine. Mine is a sad, sad dino.  :D
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »
Hey Lazerr...how do you think we learned this stuff? Weren't born with it...just had the Excedrin moments before you did, and probably more frequently...  :huh  :lol  :D

Eagleclaw...how do you get 2000 XP Home Edition...did you upgrade to XP from Win2000?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Eagleclaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
okay, I feel really stupid, mine is a 2001 XP, not the 2000 XP. I have the Memory of two comps in this baby. Cha-ching! This thing is really old but could prolly out-do any 2002 model! Haha
The day no hoes would fly......

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »
okay, I feel really stupid, mine is a 2001 XP, not the 2000 XP. I have the Memory of two comps in this baby. Cha-ching! This thing is really old but could prolly out-do any 2002 model! Haha
  :lol