Author Topic: <S> to these fish in me barrel  (Read 645 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
<S> to these fish in me barrel
« on: August 15, 2009, 11:40:56 PM »

A single 5" gunner against an A6m/D3A mission.  Much fun!!!  It was good to see a different type of mission ran instead of the same ol' mission planes you normally see.  Had good numbers in it too.  Bragging pic now aside :D, how come we, as a community, don't fly different types of mission planes more often?  There are plenty of planes that are not hanger queens by any margin, yet never seem to make it into organized missions?  Anyone whose flown in a scenario, snapshot, etc. knows great things can be accomplished with anything in the plane set, so why don't we see more varieties in the arenas?  Sure, everyone wants their mission to be successful, but does the desire to win overcome the fun factor when running missions?  In other words, why don't we, as a community, branch out more when it comes to our rides?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: <S> to these fish in me barrel
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 11:43:26 PM »
I think its cause you get these older planes, then you get the uberplanes as defense...

(I was flying the 234, btw Ranger :D )
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 12:10:28 AM »
Because if you take out these hanger queens, one guy will jump in a pointy-click gunner position, blow your mission to smithereens, and then brag on the BBS about it?  :P  :D

j/k
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 12:38:13 AM »
 :rofl
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 12:53:56 AM »
Ranger, I have been flying the Mossy this tour and have only come across 1 enemy mossy which was a noob stick who has probably just trying it out, The only sqaud i know does alittle bit of historical missions is JG11, I winged in A5s with acouple of them one knight and we flew them the way you would have seen them in WW2 was great fun and we got tons of kills on LA N1k and Spit16s, some people just need to know what the older planes can do and get good in them :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 04:15:28 AM »
pfft I'vr gotten 57 in  cv gun . wow whos was the one that  lead the lamb to the slaughter is my question?
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Grape

• Nickel Member
      • http://promoteitright.com/Site/82nd/
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 10:49:07 AM »
Those fish were CLAIM JUMPERS and they do fly missions in non-uber rigs. I remember going on a stuka raid with them a while back. That was fun, except for the La-La's and Spixteen's and Niki's that tore us up. I wish people would have tried upping in a less uber ride to defend. I think I saw one P-40 up in defense only to watch the uber rides take out all of his potential targets.
This is a test

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 11:23:22 AM »
On my squad's website, we now have a forum for mission requests where any squaddie can now request any mission set he wants.  We will be running these mission requests at the start of our squad night from now on.  Not to blow our OPSEC totally, I will tell you that our first mission will be an all IL-2 mission.  Sure, we probably won't complete our objective without tons of luck, but the fun factor will make it all worth it.  This method was the only way I could think of that would blow the dust off many of the planes and also give every member of the squad a chance to contribute their idea/wish in a controllable way.  I'm actually looking forward to the trouble we'll be finding ourselves in with these missions as we try to fight our way out of the P-51/110/LA/Spit16 crowd.  Good times ahead!

BTW, <S> to the Claim Jumpers for that mission last night.  It really was good to see some D3As outside of the SEA arenas.  I would just recommend not being in such a tight group directly over an enemy CV. :D  If it's any consolation, I spent over an hour cleaning off plane parts off the deck of our CV before we could launch any planes. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:27:23 AM by USRanger »
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »
On my squad's website, we now have a forum for mission requests where any squaddie can now request any mission set he wants.  We will be running these mission requests at the start of our squad night from now on.  Not to blow our OPSEC totally, I will tell you that our first mission will be an all IL-2 mission.  Sure, we probably won't complete our objective without tons of luck, but the fun factor will make it all worth it.  This method was the only way I could think of that would blow the dust off many of the planes and also give every member of the squad a chance to contribute their idea/wish in a controllable way.  I'm actually looking forward to the trouble we'll be finding ourselves in with these missions as we try to fight our way out of the P-51/110/LA/Spit16 crowd.  Good times ahead!

Excellent idea, Ranger. I too enjoy taking up a mission full of less-than-uber (less-than-marginal, even) aircraft and wading into a pretty dire situation :uhoh :D. The fun is the thing. Makes for good times. :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Enker

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »
JRjolly was leading a mission in old planes? What distorted universe have I landed in? Every mission I see by him involves NOE 110 & N1K hordes.  :noid
InGame ID: Cairn
Quote from: BillyD topic=283300.msg3581799#msg3581799
... FOR TEH MUPPET$ TO PAD OUR SCO?E N to WIN TEH EPIC WAR OF TEH UNIVERSE We MUST VULTCHE DA RUNWAYZ N DROP UR GUYZ FIGHTERZ Bunkarz Then OUR SKWAD will Finarry Get TACTICAL NOOK for 25 KILL SCORE  STREAK>X