Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 11660 times)

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 10:14:38 PM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?

If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game.

I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".

There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?

This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.

If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

:O :rofl :rofl

Go play Fighter Ace

Offline usvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 10:21:11 PM »
Stop poking your keyboard so rapidly.
"Come with me and I will show you where the Iron Crosses grow." -Unteroffizer/Feldwebel Rolf Steiner

~POTW-Second Wing~
http://www.pigsonthewing.org/index.php

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
How can you blame the people that create the game for the tactics that that the players use? If you get ganged by 10+ people then you are at fault as much as the gangers....HTC has nothing to do with that. They split arenas to try and avoid these things, but the pack mentality is that of the users.
Lagger

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »
Every single one of you are missing the point. Go back and read the initial topic.

Players are leaving the game. Most of the old school vets are gone. There are fewer players today then there was 4 years ago. I am pretty sure about that.

How many play the game now? 4K? Maybe 5K? That is what it has always been since I have been around.

My point is this. The planes and all are so very cool, but there is not a gaming atmosphere in which to use them.This frustrates me. I may be out and about in my dweeb spit, and find a killer in a p38, and to me, wow, that means game on, fun stuff. Yet, 3 turns into it, 8 morons fly into it and game is not on. There never was a game.

Graphic updates will not keep people from leaving this game. The game needs fixing. Not the graphics.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »
aceshigh is quite unique in the genre of aviation sims in that you are not waiting for anything ever. You log in, you choose a field, you take off. 24 hours a day.

That is the game, always has been that way. If the game was the problem then all the people supposedly leaving right now should have left years ago because the game has not changed. This is the game, enjoy it or make your own. (just dont ask for player funding here, it wont go down well)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 11:41:34 PM »
You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick.

There is no possible way anyone can think this is how it really works. If you had left this out, I would have believed this was a real complaint, not a troll.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »
Yes getting a good fight spoiled by friend or foe does suck. What would take the gang mentality out of the players can you think of though? We have bases that get captured and people get together to capture it. Cvs need sunk and someones gotta do it. These targets alone attract alot of people at the same time. The fights are over bases where people launch from and the blood in the water starts to attract the bad guys. No matter what the fight will get low if it hasn't started out that way in the first place. If you aren't keeping an eye out for the friends of the lone bad guy you are fighting you will be shot down if you don't leave or get the advantage over them somehow. This is a three country fight on maps that don't have targets that take the fight away from the bases. The bases are part of the game. Take them away and well, my p51 won't be able to have a place to crash on. Seriously how long have you been playing anyway? Really, not trying to be rude with my question.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 11:45:10 PM »
Every single one of you are missing the point. Go back and read the initial topic.

Players are leaving the game. Most of the old school vets are gone. There are fewer players today then there was 4 years ago. I am pretty sure about that.

How many play the game now? 4K? Maybe 5K? That is what it has always been since I have been around.

My point is this. The planes and all are so very cool, but there is not a gaming atmosphere in which to use them.This frustrates me. I may be out and about in my dweeb spit, and find a killer in a p38, and to me, wow, that means game on, fun stuff. Yet, 3 turns into it, 8 morons fly into it and game is not on. There never was a game.

Graphic updates will not keep people from leaving this game. The game needs fixing. Not the graphics.

You have no numbers. You base everything on your poor SA.

BTW I use a CH Fighter Stick, Pro Pedals, and Pro Throttle..... all work well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 11:47:00 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Stogie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 11:54:43 PM »
Yes getting a good fight spoiled by friend or foe does suck. What would take the gang mentality out of the players can you think of though? We have bases that get captured and people get together to capture it. Cvs need sunk and someones gotta do it. These targets alone attract alot of people at the same time. The fights are over bases where people launch from and the blood in the water starts to attract the bad guys. No matter what the fight will get low if it hasn't started out that way in the first place. If you aren't keeping an eye out for the friends of the lone bad guy you are fighting you will be shot down if you don't leave or get the advantage over them somehow. This is a three country fight on maps that don't have targets that take the fight away from the bases. The bases are part of the game. Take them away and well, my p51 won't be able to have a place to crash on. Seriously how long have you been playing anyway? Really, not trying to be rude with my question.

James, with all due respect .. paragraphs are your friend  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"Nose Art

S.A.P.P.-Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 12:04:57 AM »
. I've seen other 'games' where two people just hit a plastic ball across a table with small wooden bats. Far as I know there have been no major updates to the concept of 'table-tennis' since people started selling the means to play it to enthusiasts.

Nice! :aok
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 12:29:18 AM »
Oh my. :uhoh

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:18 AM »

My point is this. The planes and all are so very cool, but ...

What are you smoking? Take a look at the Macchi's graphics, for example. They are ten years old ... butt-ugly.
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 12:39:30 AM »
Clutz who??  :rofl

The game is fun for a lot of people. Just because you dont like it doesn't mean its bad, or made poorly. It simply means you dont like it. If you are such a great business man/ game developer, I invite you to do better. Until then, stop trolling and poisoning this board with your unwarranted attacks.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2009, 12:41:25 AM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?  If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game. I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".  There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?

This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.

If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

That is Irony at it's finest.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 02:10:03 AM »
James, with all due respect .. paragraphs are your friend  :salute
is that all you have? At least make a comment about the post! You and your grammar nazi brotherhood annoy me more than the crybaby hoard victoms. :aok
Lagger