Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 11887 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 02:28:41 AM »
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline nipper

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 02:44:33 AM »
I like this game, I think the new graphics and planes are nice.
The continuing updates make the latest version run better for me.
If I don't want to fight the hoarde I stay away from the big red bar and find somewhere else to go.
As the game/my lack of skill/just rotten luck sometimes P me off, I switch off and  do something more constructive rather than come cwying (boohoo) and stamping my ickle feet on the bbs.
If you don't like the game, don't play. If it annoys you that much, don't play. It's simple.   

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 04:10:21 AM »
IN....

See I Told you guys that The PUTZ, could not write code

:devil :devil :devil
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Demetrious

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 06:06:46 AM »
Quote from: Shuffler
This is as awesome post. Please list the games you have developed so we can check them out. Thanks!

Shuffler, how many national-level policy decisions have you presided over, advised on, or effected in any meaningful way?

None? And yet you still vote for president? I submit that, by your own yardstick, you are not worthy of the right to vote in national-level elections.

I understand that the OP, by any estimation, is a whiny troll, but one must be careful not to give them oppertunities to enforce the fiction that they're being unjustly persecuted.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 06:15:41 AM »
It's very humorous to see an unknown get doggy-piled for making the same whine that the rest of you are so fond of. :lol  He did express it poorly, but I've seen the same argument win all sorts of nods and approval when it's typed on a different keyboard.

Not going to agree or disagree with the OP, but the side-switching here is pathetic.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 06:57:26 AM »
Just wow. :uhoh
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 07:02:30 AM »
I do find it amasing that people complain about something, which, they can change the situation thats causing them to complain, for instance;

Often I see people complaining about being vulched,ganged and picked from a airfield that the other country is trying to take,

people complaining that they dive down and blow their alt advantage to attack one enemy plane, when he has 10 friendly players around him..then complains about being ganged.

its simple, if your getting frustrated, take off from a near by field and gain a bit of advantage, if theres to many enemy planes around dont engage and egress, or if the hordes are frustrating you, look for smaller dar. Nothing forces people to be sheep and follow the horde around.

by applying a little bit of tactics and SA, you can achieve alot more from this game, which also you have to remember the most inportant thing " its a game" if your not having fun, try a different style of playing the game.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:01:57 AM by jdbecks »
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 07:13:20 AM »
Wow Clutz! HTC is going to love you this morning. :lol

What I get out of your post is that you're frustrated at what you see as crappy game play by the players. HTC isn't to blame for that.
I bet you're one of these guys that takeoff from a capped field and then cry when you get ganged  :lol
Change your tactics to suit your style. Because alot of folks hoard and hang around the big dar bar doesn't mean you have too. Watch the map and go to the small dars if you're looking for the good fights.  :salute
Charlie don't surf!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2009, 07:21:27 AM »
People come, and people go, this is a fact of life.

AH has at least the same player base that it had 3 -4 years ago, while every other series flight sim is in serious trouble.  New 2 week trials do seem to be down a little bit from the past, but considering that we were getting a lot of 9 - 11 yr olds that really doesn't concern me much.

Your issue with the game updates has more to do with your lousy computer than HTC's product.
Same as your issues with gameplay has more to do with your skill level, than anything else.
The really sweet thing about AH is that you can play it any way you choose. But those choices will
have significant impacts on how long you live.

AH is not something that you master in a week, a month, or sometimes even in a year. Many of us have been here since it started, some of us still under the same names. There is n o t h i n g else in air combat genre that even comes close to AH.

Also this community is a shining beacon of what is best in online experiences.
However it does expect you not to call us all stupid in your first sentence.

But just to show you absolute positive proof, I'll make you a sweetheart deal. Show up in the Training Arena some afternoon, say 3 - 5 central and ask for Ghosth.  We'll see what we can teach you in under half an hour, no charge, open invitation, just show up with a smile on your face and leave your ego and attitude at the door please.  Who knows, you may find a whole new way to have fun.

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:56 AM »
This is the best game out there of it's type.It's the the way some people think they need to tell people how to play it.Don't like it move along

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »
People come, and people go, this is a fact of life.

AH has at least the same player base that it had 3 -4 years ago, while every other series flight sim is in serious trouble.  New 2 week trials do seem to be down a little bit from the past, but considering that we were getting a lot of 9 - 11 yr olds that really doesn't concern me much.

Your issue with the game updates has more to do with your lousy computer than HTC's product.
Same as your issues with gameplay has more to do with your skill level, than anything else.
The really sweet thing about AH is that you can play it any way you choose. But those choices will
have significant impacts on how long you live.

AH is not something that you master in a week, a month, or sometimes even in a year. Many of us have been here since it started, some of us still under the same names. There is n o t h i n g else in air combat genre that even comes close to AH.

Also this community is a shining beacon of what is best in online experiences.
However it does expect you not to call us all stupid in your first sentence.

But just to show you absolute positive proof, I'll make you a sweetheart deal. Show up in the Training Arena some afternoon, say 3 - 5 central and ask for Ghosth.  We'll see what we can teach you in under half an hour, no charge, open invitation, just show up with a smile on your face and leave your ego and attitude at the door please.  Who knows, you may find a whole new way to have fun.

Well stated.  :salute     +1
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:18 AM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?

If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game.

I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".

There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?

This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.

If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

"I bloody cant believe that I said that"!                                                                                                           
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 08:10:37 AM »
HighTech makes graphic updates because they think it will keep customers. If it looks more cool, it will be more cool. This is nonsense. There is an old expression. "Less is more".

Why add all this crap? You people can not even process over the internet the information from my fighter stick. Now, you are going to add water that looks like a quilt my grandmother crocheted back in 1925? What are you all, stupid?

If you want customers, and if you want people to stop leaving the "game", make it a game.

I read on the bulletin boards years ago, some guy said, "man , I get home form work, and all I want to jump online and have some fun fights".

There is no "fun", at least not for me. Only stupidity. What fun is it for 10 green guys to chase one red guy, or 10 red guys to chase one green guy?

This is why people leave the game. I spent 3 hrs tonight and not a single fight that made any sense what so ever. There was only, as usual, nothing but stupidity.

If you want customers, HighTech, make it a game. Present a challenge your customers can learn and grow into. A game is not a game if it does not make sense and if there is no "challenge". Challenge is what to "game" means. It has always been this way. This is what needs fixing, not the graphics.

i think you're a bit off base here,.....and would get hit with the banstick if i were to type here what i think right now.........

but on the fun part.......go to mw arena. there's almost always good fights there.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 08:56:09 AM »
You just cant please everyone. You would go insane trying.
325th Checkertails