Author Topic: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made  (Read 11883 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: It ain't the graphics that are bad, its the way the game is made
« Reply #300 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:31 PM »
Oh I think they want to get good, but on their terms. I see this, a lot, from "gamers". Games are very structured in the 'gaming' world, even the on-line crowds of XBOX and Play station. That's because the situations are 'structured' to be 4 on 4 matches, 12 v12 or other fixed count, fixed situation, fixed everything. They learned to excel within a fixed frame work that removes variables like being out numbered or out gunned. Only individual skill matters and that's what 'Gamers' focus on...THEIR individual skill.

The cool thing about the MMOs is that one must learn to adapt to factors such as being outnumbered, outgunned, and out ENY-ed.

I don't think this is a problem with the game, that needs to be fixed. It just means this game is not for everyone. Or that those seeking to demonstrate their skill level through ever increasing success, in successive missions, need to adjust their expectations to how well they did under the circumstances. OR get on the radio and change the circumstances.  ;)

No, some really have no intentions of getting "good".   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #301 on: August 31, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »
No, some really have no intentions of getting "good".   

Agreed ;)

I was trying to address the guy that started the thread who was going to quit or something because he found the playing conditions in the MA were, too often, not to his liking.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #302 on: August 31, 2009, 02:27:09 PM »
He should come fly with me. 38s seem to be the first one folks go for..... he'll be safe till I die.  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #303 on: August 31, 2009, 02:41:23 PM »
He should come fly with me. 38s seem to be the first one folks go for..... he'll be safe till I die.  :aok

:salute Shuffler. You or Lazer or Delerium. Lazer killed 5 times the other day on the SAME mission. Later I saw he landed 12 victories...all in a 38J.

There is something about the vertical performance of 38 that defies physics. I need to fly one a figure it out, because if I chase another 38 vertical and watch him hang on his prop for 30 seconds until the Hindenburg would stall and fall off, I'm going to lose my mind.  :)

Who is John Galt?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #304 on: August 31, 2009, 02:59:57 PM »
:salute Shuffler. You or Lazer or Delerium. Lazer killed 5 times the other day on the SAME mission. Later I saw he landed 12 victories...all in a 38J.

There is something about the vertical performance of 38 that defies physics. I need to fly one a figure it out, because if I chase another 38 vertical and watch him hang on his prop for 30 seconds until the Hindenburg would stall and fall off, I'm going to lose my mind.  :)

:lol

Rememeber..... if you jump in a 38 they will come.

:salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: August 31, 2009, 03:03:45 PM »
He should come fly with me. 38s seem to be the first one folks go for.....

Darn right.  If given a choice, I'll target the 38's, Corsairs, and 109K4's before any other plane in the set.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #306 on: August 31, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »
Darn right.  If given a choice, I'll target the 38's, Corsairs, and 109K4's before any other plane in the set.

You big bully!   :devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #307 on: August 31, 2009, 04:34:55 PM »
 :lol
80th FS "Headhunters"