Author Topic: Swine flu symptoms  (Read 801 times)

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Swine flu symptoms
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:22:48 PM »

Seriously though are you going to get the vaccine?

Offline batch

• Nickel Member
Re: Swine flu symptoms
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:28:59 PM »
reminds me of 1 time in band camp........ oh wait nvm

no Im not getting any freaking vaccine....... I dont get 'regular' flu vaccines which has still killed far more people this year...... theyre blowing this thing way out of proportion
"theres nothin like wakin up with a Dickens Cider" - Dickens Fruit Stand

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »
Ooooooh.... Be scared!!!!

In my experience, vaccines have done more harm than good. I always receive the sickness the vaccination, "protects" you from after getting vaccinated. Why would I want to inject myself with yet another strain of flu?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:07:37 PM »
Only younger folks (under 30) should be looking at the vaccination this time.  I don't think anyone over 35 can even get vaccinated, per the CDC.

This really isn't a joke.  The fact that it isn't flu season in the Northern Hemisphere yet, and still this virus is spreading like wildfire. (most flu virus can't handle temperatures over 75 or so degrees)

You realize that this H1N1 is a relative of the 1918 virus?  The one that mutated and killed 100 million people?  My great grandparents used to tell me when I was a kid about that pandemic.  They lost many friends and relatives.  My great grandfather told stories about seeing his neighbors one day, smiling and waving from across the street, and hearing of their deaths the next day.  This bug's relative did that.. and although it hasn't yet mutated into something that virulent, a certain amount of prudence should be exercised IMHO.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »
I'll be in Acapulco in November!   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »
Not getting or taking the shot if you know what I mean.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »
i already made my lair under a volcano
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:02:07 AM »
Not getting it even if nutjob tries to force everyone to
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 09:08:53 AM »
Its.... IT'S THE PIG MAN! (said in a "Kramer-esque" fashion")

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7383/Pigman.wav

***G3-MF***

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »
From the CDC website.

The groups recommended to receive the novel H1N1 influenza vaccine include:

* Pregnant women because they are at higher risk of complications and can potentially provide protection to infants who cannot be vaccinated;
    * Household contacts and caregivers for children younger than 6 months of age because younger infants are at higher risk of influenza-related complications and cannot be vaccinated. Vaccination of those in close contact with infants less than 6 months old might help protect infants by “cocooning” them from the virus;
    * Healthcare and emergency medical services personnel because infections among healthcare workers have been reported and this can be a potential source of infection for vulnerable patients. Also, increased absenteeism in this population could reduce healthcare system capacity;
    * All people from 6 months through 24 years of age
          o Children from 6 months through 18 years of age because we have seen many cases of novel H1N1 influenza in children and they are in close contact with each other in school and day care settings, which increases the likelihood of disease spread, and
          o Young adults 19 through 24 years of age because we have seen many cases of novel H1N1 influenza in these healthy young adults and they often live, work, and study in close proximity, and they are a frequently mobile population; and,
    * Persons aged 25 through 64 years who have health conditions associated with higher risk of medical complications from influenza.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
Seems Swine Flu's broken out at Washington State University, where Erika headed off to.

I'm not getting a vaccine...the only times I've ever had the flu was when I was vaccinated.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 08:07:54 PM »
I went to Mexico for two weeks and nothing happened to me....I think this swine flu is complete BS, and if it is real i really think it's getting blown wayyyy out of proportion by the media. :rolleyes:
SAPP

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 08:24:09 PM »
I NEVER get the flu, so I should be alright.

Offline Unit791

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 09:39:31 PM »
Its.... IT'S THE PIG MAN! (said in a "Kramer-esque" fashion")

(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/7383/Pigman.wav

:rofl "Ooooh GOD! ITS A PIG MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ideas are far more powerful than guns, we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why should be allow them to have ideas?"-
Josef Stalin

Mauser

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 12:36:33 PM »
I went to Mexico for two weeks and nothing happened to me....I think this swine flu is complete BS, and if it is real i really think it's getting blown wayyyy out of proportion by the media. :rolleyes:

It didn't happen to you, so by extension, it doesn't exist. :huh

A Darwin Award Finalist, you will someday be.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce