Author Topic: Bristol Beaufigher... Again  (Read 1597 times)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Re: Bristol Beaufigher... Again
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »
Alot,  why?
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »
How much do you guys want the Beau?

Enough to give up the 38G :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 11:52:11 PM »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 02:25:09 AM »
Ahhhh I can see it now....HiTech releases the Beau in all of its magisty and awsum fire power.....

School vacation and the sqweekers are up in the MA in sqweekermatic droves. Seven days later the threads start on the BBS....B-HO-Fighter sqweeker sqwuakin sqwakers frakkin frukkers shootin you in the face everywhere you go....no ACM blasted littel face B-Ho-in bletchers...........

I can imagine the beau will be an excellent addition to the game. But another 4 cannon bird so the littel greif monsters can shoot us in the face?   :x

And corky here I thought you were a one man abolition squad to 4 gun 20mm anything........ :huh

No Mustang Mk1A or Sea Hurri's with IIC wings because we just want another 4 gun 20mm bird to cover up our lack of ability........I wouldn't mind an Me410 either.  :aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 02:39:39 AM »
Agreed on the 410.  I think  flying the Beau will take some time and dedication to get the best out of it.    It covers 40-45 and every theater of the war.  I also think folks think it will be uber when it isn't. 

But then again I like trying to do more with less in AH, while soaking up all the history I can find :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 06:52:10 AM »
speaking of 4 cannons I'm a little confused about the cannon loadout in the Beau.

afaik originally used 60 round drums which were reloaded by the navigator, but how many spare drums did they carry? surely we wouldnt have just 60rpg, perhaps fire off 60rpg then pause while it reloads new drums?

then replaced by belt fed mechanism, but I cant find out how many rounds were belt fed per gun. any ideas?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
Hi Mate

I have often wondered why this plane is not included in the plane set in AH.  The Beau served in Europe, the Med, Africa and the Far East.  Also, in Costal Command.  More venues than the Mossie.

I would have thought we would have one of these way before a Brewster Buffalo, which was totally outdated by the beginning of WWII.

Skuz, or somebody, any plans to get this aircraft out in AH sometime in the future??

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Majors
249RAF
Oldest Yank in the RAF

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 10:35:29 AM »
No Mustang Mk1A or Sea Hurri's with IIC wings because we just want another 4 gun 20mm bird to cover up our lack of ability........I wouldn't mind an Me410 either.  :aok
From what I have seen, Guppy isn't against four cannon aircraft, he is against four cannon aircraft for the sake of the four cannons.  People asking for historically insignificant or footnote aircraft just because they get 20mm cannons on their pet fighter.

The Beaufighter had four cannons, yes, but it also served very long, very widely and with many different services.  Unlike the four cannon P-51, it is not a footnote.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 01:26:25 PM »
From what I have seen, Guppy isn't against four cannon aircraft, he is against four cannon aircraft for the sake of the four cannons.  People asking for historically insignificant or footnote aircraft just because they get 20mm cannons on their pet fighter.

The Beaufighter had four cannons, yes, but it also served very long, very widely and with many different services.  Unlike the four cannon P-51, it is not a footnote.

That would be an accurate read of how I see it in regards the 4 cannon birds.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »
Dan,

I was going to make a remark about 4 cannon bird... in light of another thread. :aok

But I agree with you,it's one thing to want an attack plane that happens to have 4 cannons,this wont be upsetting to game play.On the other hand asking for a fighter just because it has 4 cannons seems at least to me to be asking for a potential game breaker.

Now dont get me wrong,I'd like to see the A36 added with and without the cannons,I see it being useful in some events.However adding the Beau would certainly be usefull in events and the Ma without changing things much.

Again I'd really like to see an attack plane bonus,the Beau,Me 410 and update the Mossie adding a bomber version and quite possibly the Mk18 Tsetse.Both events and MA play would be impacted and in a good way I think.

:salute

Offline Theirish61

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »
+1
100irish
~Bf 109 noob~

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »
Just think of special events. They would all benefit, due to the fact that the beau was everywere. I say IN with the beau
(In game Sparty)
R.I.P. SASFRAS, may you return some day soon
<S>

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:30:29 PM »
+1
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 12:36:40 PM »
Beaufighter??? Why I've never heard of it  :lol
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
Town Killer :devil
(In game Sparty)