Author Topic: Zone system.  (Read 18389 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Zone system.
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2009, 12:47:17 AM »
My only reservation about this is the status of strat factories in the SEA. Currently if there are enough zones, we can change ownership for groups of the factories for an event. If all the county's factories have rigid ownership, we'll have a tough time in dealing with it in the SEA. I remember several events where we were taking off and the ack at a nearby factory was shooting everyone down.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #196 on: October 26, 2009, 01:07:18 AM »
I think it would be cool if the factories were bigger. I mean take up a bigger area. Say 4 times the size they are now.

At least the City strat anyway. Maybe keep the ammo/troop/fuel the same.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #197 on: October 26, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »
Was messing around a bit. So instead of this size

should be this size

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #198 on: October 26, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
I'm all for this. I think it would definitely make for more long range bomber missions.
It would also make defending the factories more important and could result in some really good battles :)
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #199 on: October 26, 2009, 08:45:32 PM »
These ideas have my vote! Can't even think of anything to add. its perfect.  :aok + 9.99x 0^101 (ya, that is a bit munch :D)

From Ghi
Before, when i used to log in and was a new map my Q was: Who won last map?
 It's like many  peoples reading the sport news every day, watching their favorite team results. I like furballing  but it's boring without some strategy involved, i can't play for score, we can't all 1000s of players become fighter aces, i can't play just to improve fighter skills like many are suggesting here. How can you promote  fights/furballs  without attacking enemy bases? Why would i attack enemy bases without capture intentions? Why should i have intentions to capture it ,if the maps have 200+ bases and it's almost impossible with present MA set up, needs 40% of both teams. Map reset more often would make the game more dynamic, more hot fights and suspense situations to win or avoid lossing,and less complains about boring maps stalled for weeks.Why should i waste 1 hour to bomb HQ ,City, factories if doesn't get involved in nothing,and gets resuped in 2 min. There's nothing left to fight for, unless you want to have your name on front page.
 I wish the map reset % would  drop to 15-20% and have HQ damaged/destroyed involved in map reset,:bring back the old 4 steps damage set up for HQ, longer downtime to encourage players use long range bombers/missions and use the bombers for their strategic role. What for are all this long range bomber with formation option? bomb CV/gvs?  Remember those huge HQ raids having 2 teams involved in a big fight, ... that's what makes memories, but unfortunately with this MA set up, they don't happen anymore.
 This game is a great invention, has a huge potential , but after the changes in last years, the game is like my toolsheder brain: it's using only small % of its capacity......... to offer entertainment for all the consumers, all style of players; the toolsheders lost the war.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #200 on: October 26, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
Anything that adds more returns to more complexity in the war I an all for.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2009, 10:28:24 PM »
Was messing around a bit. So instead of this size

should be this size

It looks like you just put 4 pics togehter. :lol

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »
Thats all I did. Just wanted to show the size being 4times bigger. I didnt even see rangers above. That is just awesome!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2009, 09:06:51 AM »
Yes x 1000
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline GreenEagle43

• Copper Member
      • http://www.dickweedhbg.com
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
sounds great to me hitec.i always did like upping bombers and going after the factory's, city's radar stations,trains,barges,supply trucks,troop factory's.now it will be worth the wild
Recruiting Officer GrnEagle  DHBG
Dedicated to Bish Country. 16 YEARS of BOMBER SERVICE

AN Aces High BOMBER SQUADRON. www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #205 on: November 03, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »

After reading the thread about trains, I hope we keep the need for resupply trains for each factory. Then I can link all 5 supply (train) tracks together from each "City" and have a continuous rail line 50 miles long with trains running every 10 miles.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline TEXICAN

• Copper Member
« Reply #206 on: November 03, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
This is why they don't tell us what they're developing. lol

Yea because asking questions is so bad.   :noid
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck!

Offline Simba

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #207 on: November 03, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »
I'm all for improving the strategic aspect of AH. "How many players in the MA do we know willing to fly an hour to get to a target and bomb it?" Here's one. I thoroughly enjoy flying my B-17 formation deep into enemy territory to drop strat targets and it takes a while to climb to service ceiling so the fighters don't use me for target practice when I get there. Shades of the first B-17 combat sorties against Germany flown by the RAF before Pearl Harbor - although they flew the B-17C, not the G. Gives me plenty of time to roll tomorrow's cigarettes and sink a few drinks otw there and back as well.

<hic>

Go for it, HT.

:cheers:
Simba
No.6 Squadron vRFC/RAF

Offline Skulls22

• Nickel Member
« Reply #208 on: November 05, 2009, 07:33:52 PM »
Let it go HiTech, Sounds great to me!!!
(In game Sparty)
R.I.P. SASFRAS, may you return some day soon
<S>

Offline 2DIE4_420TH

• Zinc Member
      • The Wolfpack 71st
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:10 AM »
wow! I am in favor of the switch. Being a bomber pilot, it will put the big bombers back in their element (high altitude) and give them more of a strategy mode rather than dropping eggs on airfeilds. I would be nice to starve a country of fuel rather than kill em all. I know alot of guys like to just jump in and start shooting. I myself like the long flight over enemy bases to a target deep inside the enemy territory. I am all for it !