Author Topic: Is this vista? Or something else?  (Read 564 times)

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
Is this vista? Or something else?
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »
I got 3 big problems, it might be a combo of Vista and Norton (God, I hate Norton with a passion!), or who knows.

1. I can barely see the dar dots on my map, they're TINY

2. Its hard to do much on the internet, at some times of the night, it takes a good 5 minutes to get to myspace in itself, and then, I have to reload the page every time I go to home.

3. Mic won't work in-game. I have a mic, but the buttons wont push.

No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Sc00ter

• Zinc Member
Re: Is this vista? Or something else?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:51:27 PM »
I do know that if you want to remove Norton you have to visit their site and get the Norton removal toll. it's free and it does remove norton completely. As for your internet i would try to remove norton first then retry internet. as for your mic I would diag that through windows first. Try to record a sound file and play with it there. Check your mic configurations...etc...

As for Norton it does suck. Mcafee works well with the game and so does webrot (i think thats what its called) I had both of them and no probs here. Comcast offers free Mcafree download if you have comcast internet. that will save a couple bucks :salute
No Fat Chicks on this Sc00ter

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
Norton works good with it, it just gives me less frame rates, and the Processes won't end, I'll end 'em and they justa keep coming back. I want to have AVG again, because it was pretty simple to use, since you knew all of it's processes, because they started with AVG.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 08:08:02 PM »
I've had/have issues with my mic in vista,from what I understand vista treats sounds different from XP and has caused some conflicts.I installed sp1 for vista and got sound working but I resently installed a SB sound card and now my mic is clipping and breaking up.

Funny thing it seems to work fine in other programs but ingame I've been have probs for awhile,next step is to try a new headset and see if thats the problem.

:salute

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
Oh, okay. Well, is the small dots for dar dots like a bug or something? Only time I can see them is if I zoom in a bunch, and they're clumped together.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 02:18:05 PM »
I got 3 big problems, it might be a combo of Vista and Norton (God, I hate Norton with a passion!), or who knows.
You need to get rid of anything to do with the Norton anti-virus program from your system. Even if you turn the memory resident services off...it will turn itself back on...it almost impossible to terminate manually, but some viruses can do it very easily. AVG isn't a good choice either but if you must, it's better than Norton.

1. I can barely see the dar dots on my map, they're TINY
Probably has something to do with the in game resolution you're running. What happens when you look under the GUI menu in options and change the icon font size to something bigger?

2. Its hard to do much on the internet, at some times of the night, it takes a good 5 minutes to get to myspace in itself, and then, I have to reload the page every time I go to home.
Could be Norton, could an add on for your browser, could be your ISP connection, could be some malware on your computer.
What internet browser do you use? Any add-ons like no-script? Have you tried to do a ping test or tracert? Have you done a spyware/malware scan on your system?

3. Mic won't work in-game. I have a mic, but the buttons wont push.
The buttons won't push? You have buttons on your mic?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »
If you still have UAC on or install Vista to the standard folder (Program Files or Program Files (x86)) then probably you want to back up and start over.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline danny37

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »

As for Norton it does suck. Mcafee works well with the game and so does webrot (i think thats what its called) I had both of them and no probs here. Comcast offers free Mcafree download if you have comcast internet.
i can tell you from experience you dont want McAfee either,its junk,free or pay version,it messes with the game more than Norton does and is harder to shut down.
in alot of cases it can cause more harm than good.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,272542.0.html
this link will give you a idea of a major problem/problems  McAfee can cause