Author Topic: Great FSO...lotta action  (Read 1303 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Great FSO...lotta action
« on: September 19, 2009, 12:51:44 AM »
  Tonight we ran onto elements of the 5th Air Force, and IIIJG11 on the way to target(14). Our ILs made it to base while we tangled with the enemy fighters, a mix of 109s and 110s. Got out with both alot of kills and deaths on us. Survivors headed out, rearmed and went back to 14. Busy gunnin down stuff, skies clear when Gus yells "Dots high!" 

Many Brewsters of VF-17 dove on us but luckily Gus's warning allowed us to extend, while Vulcan took one for the team, tying up 4-5 while we ran. Magic's IL went down, and it left BLBird's the sole surviving IL2. We made it home..barely.

~AoM~

Offline thundabooge

• Copper Member
Re: Great FSO...lotta action
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:58:09 AM »
That was a good scrap at the end of the frame.  :salute :salute  Damn you Gus for warning them..thought we were in great position for the pounce! :devil :devil
LT ThundaJB  VF-17 Jolly Rogers  Currently on R&R in Australia

You called down the Thunda, well now you've got it! You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?... HELL'S COMING WITH ME!!!

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »
 :salute Nightmares VMF-101 for letting my fly this frame. I learned a lot. Using the mission editor is a great idea and should help in keeping  new recruits in line  :lol

Thunda,  :rock I got lucky spotting the Jolly Rogers :salute. I was flying as an observer and we were working over 14 real good when I thought, its time for reinforcements to arrive. Sure enough there was VF-17 in the distance. When will they learn? They should have put you guys in 109Fs.

Cheers,
gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:09 AM »
That was a good fight, right up until you got me Filth.  :D

Nice job everybody.  :aok

:salute
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
We had three very cool fights spread over the night. <S> to all the opponents.

On that first contact with the B-25s, we were going to go for the fighter cover 1st, but when I saw the bombers lower than us with no fighters around we went in for a few passes, untill the P-39s showed up then we broke to engage them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 09:53:54 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 01:23:28 PM »
  Tonight we ran onto elements of the 5th Air Force, and IIIJG11 on the way to target(14). Our ILs made it to base while we tangled with the enemy fighters, a mix of 109s and 110s. Got out with both alot of kills and deaths on us. Survivors headed out, rearmed and went back to 14. Busy gunnin down stuff, skies clear when Gus yells "Dots high!" 

Many Brewsters of VF-17 dove on us but luckily Gus's warning allowed us to extend, while Vulcan took one for the team, tying up 4-5 while we ran. Magic's IL went down, and it left BLBird's the sole surviving IL2. We made it home..barely.

Been a long time since we lost that many a/c in a frame.  Well fought.  :salute
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline thundabooge

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
When will they learn? They should have put you guys in 109Fs.

That's what happens when TheBug is CIC.. :devil :devil :devil  LOL
LT ThundaJB  VF-17 Jolly Rogers  Currently on R&R in Australia

You called down the Thunda, well now you've got it! You tell 'em I'M coming... and hell's coming with me, you hear?... HELL'S COMING WITH ME!!!

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl I didn't realize TheBug was CIC. It's tough to give your squadron the premium rides when your writing the orders <<S>> TheBug

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 06:35:46 PM »
Many Brewsters of VF-17 dove on us but luckily Gus's warning allowed us to extend, while Vulcan took one for the team, tying up 4-5 while we ran.

Yeah about that, do you guys have me muted or something, I was screaming, crying, for help.

I jest :D  - I saw 2 brews chasing someone and went in to clear, went to check my 6 and there was swarm of angry brews behind me.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 06:50:02 PM »
Had a great fight with a P-40 over A14, after the slugfest on the deck with the P-40s. Don't know who it was but  :salute. Three more P-40s arrived to help out and I decided to live another day.  :D

The P-40s we fought were very well flown.  :salute

Frodo

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »
Me and the 82nd flew the Stukas... Popped a few hangars, and did some quick dogfighting. There was some good action fighting those I16s. Those little I16s sure can put up a good fight when working in numbers.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »
  Tonight we ran onto elements of the 5th Air Force, and IIIJG11 on the way to target(14).

You know, lots of times getting killed in FSO involves simply poor circumstances--wrong place, wrong time kind of thing.  Not last night though.  Last night in a running fight as you guys were moving off the target, Cpt A laid one more awesome move on me 1v1 and sawed my wing off with a quick burst of caliber .50...  Nice flying!
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 08:03:47 PM »
You know, lots of times getting killed in FSO involves simply poor circumstances--wrong place, wrong time kind of thing.  Not last night though.  Last night in a running fight as you guys were moving off the target, Cpt A laid one more awesome move on me 1v1 and sawed my wing off with a quick burst of caliber .50...  Nice flying!

I think that was me, cpta musta damaged you already. I was the last P40 out and a lone 109 was gaining, so I did a low level split-S  (nosed up, rolled inverted pulled around), as I came around I was 45 degrees nose down and it looked like you were going under me, gave the 50's a quick squirt and pulled up, looked back to see you auger into the deck.

I was so annoyed, I thought I had fraps running but didn't.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 08:09:00 PM »
Had a great fight with a P-40 over A14, after the slugfest on the deck with the P-40s. Don't know who it was but  :salute. Three more P-40s arrived to help out and I decided to live another day.  :D

The P-40s we fought were very well flown.  :salute

Frodo

Again that was me (I think), man I was a popular dance date....

I had made a pass on someone, looked back, saw a 109F 400 off my 6, rolled down into the deck, went into some hard rolling scissors, that wasn't working so I dropped a notch of flaps and pulled hard, a 2nd 109 joined in that I didn't see and got some hits on me (my wings looked like swiss cheese) but filth and the guys came in just in time. Filth nailed the other guy and you took off. I do have that on fraps and will throw it onto youtube later :)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »