Author Topic: Kill Thieves  (Read 5801 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Kill Thieves
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2009, 07:15:07 PM »
i like it when someone brags that they own you after they HO you.  :rofl
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2009, 07:28:20 PM »
i like it when someone brags that they own you after they HO you.  :rofl

There is a tool that flies in the MW, he's easy to spot.  He'll usually be found where the biggest fight is, flies at 25,000 to 30,000ft and looks for an enemy that is engaged in a fight with someone else.  He'll then dive down in his Spitfire and pick the other guy and then will brag on open channel "Player XXX easy kill".  He will also park his 2nd account in another country, look for someone in that country and use the .wingman command on the other guy to light him up on the map 'dar.  He'll then use his main account to hunt the other person he's marked with the .wingman command on his 2nd account and wait until that person is engaged in another fight and swoop down from his perch and pick the guy.  Of course, afterwards on open channel, "Player XXX easy kill". 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2009, 09:14:21 PM »
If I am turning with a plane that obviously has an ability to turn better but I see him drop flaps in order to get to a headon position... Im going to shoot him. Just one example of how the situation can influence a pilots decision and yet the faster turning plane will ALWAYS scream 'HO' yet its his actions that brought it to that point.
no matter the plane I am in....I try to put the enemy in a position, where, if he decides to go for that frontal, he will lose a bit of positioning.....now, sometimes, I take it just a bit further, and throw some dice on the fact that, if he goes this far for the frontal, and misses(see additional information in dodging the HO 101)....his scalp will be put on a plate and delivered to my cockpit within next two turns.....I like this gamble....it can only be beaten by running....which, is another reason I am not fond of finding one of the HOing chaps to try and get a decent fight out of....I do have to add, that of recently, I have been finding that the chaps that go for HO's die rather quickly if they stay and fight....and with minimal effort in attention to their threat....funny how that works...... :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2009, 05:24:24 AM »
Many times when I have engaged a seemingly undamaged fighter and managed to put a 30mm or a burst of quad 20mms in him and down he goes without a wing etc. and I get an assist. Do I feel like robbed?

I mean if damages and critical damages are not separated in any way who knows who has earned a kill. If you put, say, 600 .303s in an enemy plane here and there without causing any major damage and somebody shoots him down with a single hit from a 30mm which removes a wing, who has earned the kill? You by putting lots of random damage here and there or the guy with single hit causing critical damage?

Of course it is a totally different matter if people keep diving down after planes that are already going down without control surfaces etc.

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2009, 06:05:07 AM »
Many times when I have engaged a seemingly undamaged fighter and managed to put a 30mm or a burst of quad 20mms in him and down he goes without a wing etc. and I get an assist. Do I feel like robbed?

I mean if damages and critical damages are not separated in any way who knows who has earned a kill. If you put, say, 600 .303s in an enemy plane here and there without causing any major damage and somebody shoots him down with a single hit from a 30mm which removes a wing, who has earned the kill? You by putting lots of random damage here and there or the guy with single hit causing critical damage?

Of course it is a totally different matter if people keep diving down after planes that are already going down without control surfaces etc.

-C+

Exactly.  The situation is quite murky when it's 7mm damage all over the aircraft before the spud hits (and I wouldn't make a stink over it), but it's crystal clear when the spud has already taken off a critical part.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
I have been finding that the chaps that go for HO's die rather quickly if they stay and fight....and with minimal effort in attention to their threat....funny how that works...... :aok

Not funny ... logical ... they are 1 trick ponys ... once the HO is gone ... they got nutin'.

If they hang around for the fight, I have more respect for them than the HO 'n Run types. If they hang around and fight, they more than likely will learn something ... either better fighting tactics ... or learn the HO 'n Run move.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

-C+

Problem is that we never really know where and how much damage was done prior to the engagement.

For example:

What if a wing required 70% or more damage to fall off.

I fight this guy and I have accumulated 65% damage to his right wing ... you zoom in or if I move onto to some other target ... and you place 1 30mm round to the right wing.

Well ... seeing that I scored 65% damage ... there is only 35% damage left ... and only 5% more damage needed before the wing falls off. No matter how you swing it ... I am going to get the kill after he flutters to the ground.

HiTech did rumble around the idea, in another post, that when a aircraft has taken critical damage (missing wing, missing empanage, etc) ... all damage scoring will be ignored after the critical failure ... which would defeat the vampires that feel the need to suck any and all remaining blood from a wingless aircraft as they head to Terra Firma.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
Not funny ... logical ... they are 1 trick ponys ...

*cringe*

did it have to be ponies?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »
*cringe*

did it have to be ponies?

Once they come down..... they generally go the rest of the way down soon enough.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »
DEFINITELY!

Exactly why I argue that if we are going to have pilot wounds modeled they way they are. we should also have some sort of ill effect modeled into the flaming chariot.
As they are now. Its like if we had blood on the windscreen . But no detrimental effect (blackouts) or anything to discourage continuing to fight.

Cept for bombers that are nowhere near their target.
Any aircraft on fire is still a valid target till it blows up.

Definitely... once you have a flamer most ( I have come across some guys who will egress the fight) try to get all they can any way they can, so to leave it, especially during a furball situation is dangerous (in the game sense of the word).

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2009, 04:14:56 PM »
Once they come down..... they generally go the rest of the way down soon enough.

:rolleyes:

*sigh*
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Madkow

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »

Fungus
Kommando Nowotny                                                     
Since tour 90

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2009, 11:15:27 AM »
I can understand your frustration. But........As a flaming arrow myself more than a few times, I have been able to knock down several who no longer thought of me as a threat. (most=2 in a sortie) I have very little to lose if I'm going to go down anyway.

I think the most satisfying (while on fire) is getting the guy who torched you.

However I agree that having five or six guys shooting at wreckage as it spirals to the ground is simply ignorant and or greedy.

Just my Buck 'O Five.
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2009, 12:32:02 PM »
I can understand your frustration. But........As a flaming arrow myself more than a few times, I have been able to knock down several who no longer thought of me as a threat. (most=2 in a sortie) I have very little to lose if I'm going to go down anyway.

I think the most satisfying (while on fire) is getting the guy who torched you.

However I agree that having five or six guys shooting at wreckage as it spirals to the ground is simply ignorant and or greedy.

Just my Buck 'O Five.

I killed a Pony guy once right after he'd de-engined my Dora. I stirred a bit (half-piped) and he overshot. It was, admittedly, a lucky shot - and he was good in his 51B. He was one of two. I'd called for help and fought as hard as I could but, alas, was overmatched. Once I got the lucky kill (just after a bud had shown up), the other Pony fled. I bailed.

Then I got on the BBS and talked about how I owned his punk a**.

After that, I posted up some pics of my schlong on a photo hosting site, watched Shemale Reformatory* in HD, then logged back on to AHII and practiced HO'ing and colliding with the emmaknee (and an occasional friendly) just to work on my ACM skills. I'm getting really good. Usually, my prop is in the guy's canopy before he's exhausted half his belt. Pretty soon, I'll be able to visit Gunther Rall and talk HOTactics and HOHistory.

*file under Ellis, B.E.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2009, 01:37:22 PM »
My rules are simple: If you see me fighting someone feel free to jump right in there. In MA there are never fair fights. Don't expect one and you won't be disappointed. If you see two guys fighting you have no idea how that fight developed. You can just assume it was not on equal terms. The only exceptions I make is when I see someone I know has solid fighting skills I will stay out or ask. That is the only time. You just can't ask when there are 10 guys all fighting. That's cumbersome.

If a plane is still mobile it's a target. If a plane is dropping out of the sky, missing wings, tails etc or burning, it's not. Although I sometimes wonder about Zeros and Niki's.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter