Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 25586 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009, 08:08:02 AM »

Why, are the FRIDGE and McMAHON gonna come out of retirement......... :x

The horse you never rode...
the line you could not hold...
The color, well...

Actually, thanks for your service - I kid with that.

However, it's not about the 6 you've got. You're only as good as your last game. I too was a fan of the big machine in the 70's - the Steel Curtain: Mel Blount, Mean Joe, Jack Lambert,  etc. But, I'm no fan of Rover Burger.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline lowZX14

• Silver Member
      • Home of the 325th Checkertails VFG
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009, 08:09:34 AM »
The Phins.

But this idoit passed up on Matt Ryan.  Can't wait till the Big Tuna gets canned.
- The Fupanator
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm with you on this one my friend.  Been a Phins fan since I was born, as a matter of fact my dad and granddads were watching them lose to the Bills on MNF the day I was born.  Dad is a Cowgirls fan, I picked up all of my teams from my grandparents lol.
lowZX14
325th Checkertails VFG
www.325thcheckertailsvfg.com

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009, 08:23:29 AM »
I mentioned this here at the beginning of last season.......but I sure wish folks would have established a Yahoo Pick 'em for the board here.  perhaps they have......either way...it's too late for me to join....but if there isn't one already established......it would make for a great tradition here.  not sure though.....NFL threads never get that much attention here.

I'm in   been in NFL  and ESPN  Fantasy  for years............

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009, 08:24:39 AM »
Honestly, I don't watch professional football, but I play Madden....and with LT and Sproles I'm undefeated with the Chargers  :rock

does LT have play with a band aid on his toe.....?  :O

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009, 08:28:53 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

We have 6, how 'bout you...?

..........nuff said

Oh, he wants to talk about ancient history. The Bears have 8 Championships since 1940. While the last one may have been '85, anyone can have a bad couple of decades.

Speaking of bad decades, how do you explain the FACT that your vaunted Steelers are 1-12 in their last 13 road outings against the child molesters of the Midway?

Owned, my man: the reason you shouldn't be chucking stones.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:50:31 AM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »
Ah.. ahem..  cough

Vikings!!  "Cubbies of the NFL"

Hey.. the title is 'Favorite'  not 'Best'.

Until the dome goes away, they'll never get back to the superbowl to lose #5.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »
Hey AP,

Good Luck with Brett!!  :devil

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!

or in Week 14 or thereabouts Just End The Season

Cheers,
gus

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 12:20:32 PM »
Detroit Lions

That's right, I said it.  Even though I feel like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to rise out of the pumpkin patch, screaming "Just wait til next year!!"

I also loved the Red Wings back when they were known as the Dead Wings.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »
Oh, he wants to talk about ancient history. The Bears have 8 Championships since 1940. While the last one may have been '85, anyone can have a bad couple of decades.

Speaking of bad decades, how do you explain the FACT that your vaunted Steelers are 1-12 in their last 13 road outings against the child molesters of the Midway?

Actually I think he was talking about the number of real players the Steelers have had since the team began.  :D
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2009, 01:06:28 PM »

ancient history how do you explain your "molesters" havent seen a trophy since they sang that rap song, and Atari was hot..!.....8 championships LMAO! counting prior to automobiles are not relevent..........typical Bears fan.......even thou a do respect the fact you just dont ride on the band wagon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:21:53 PM by REVRAND »

Offline REVRAND

• Copper Member
      • Brids Of Prey
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »
Actually I think he was talking about the number of real players the Steelers have had since the team began.  :D

might what to look in the Hall of Fame and see how "real" players we have had...........23 to be exact.....and more to come.....and a few more to come....

and lets not even talk about Super Bowls.......Saints fan...... :lol.....even thou you do have a chance this year, if they stay healthy......never seen so many on all teams getting hurt this much.......and its only week 3 :O
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:24:15 PM by REVRAND »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 01:29:44 PM »

ancient history how do you explain your "molesters" havent seen a trophy since they sang that rap song, and Atari was hot..!.....8 championships LMAO! counting prior to automobiles are not relevent..........typical Bears fan.......even thou a do respect the fact you just dont ride on the band wagon.

What? 24 years is nothing on the mighty timeline of Da Bears... It's a mere blip. I can see why you, a fan of those Johnny-come-lately Stealers might be all "oooooh, we'd better run down that hill and screw one of those cows" but a Bears fan is more patient than that. We're going to walk down there and pork 'em all.

I completely understand your frustration at always coming up short after the bus ride to Soldier Field, Rev. I mean, who wouldn't be a little bit put out after losing 12 of 13 in that hallowed confine? Probably GSH is mocking Rooney in NFL heaven.

Meanwhile, I forgot to ask... Did Rover Burger beat the rap on that sexual assault charge? He should just claim insanity by virtue of 'roid rage. I'm not implying anything by restating that the Captain of the Steelers offense is a mutant raging miscreant. I'm just curious.  :D

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 01:32:33 PM »
Detroit Lions

That's right, I said it.  Even though I feel like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to rise out of the pumpkin patch, screaming "Just wait til next year!!"

I also loved the Red Wings back when they were known as the Dead Wings.

I live in Ann Arbor. Give it up. The only thing you've got to look forward to, Red Dog, is:

1. repeated disappointments
2. a chance to break the record for consecutive losses - currently at 26

I work for Billy. I've met the man. Billy's a lot of things but Billy's no Football guy.

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2009, 01:36:08 PM »
December 7th 1952, at Kezar stadium I watched my first NFL game ... for over 4 decades I have followed these same two teams through good times and bad.

Steelers

49ers

They have won over 1/4 of all superbowls ever played ... I think I'll stick with them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 03:24:47 PM by MrBill »
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »

and lets not even talk about Super Bowls.......Saints fan...... :lol.....even thou you do have a chance this year, if they stay healthy......

SSSSHHHHHHHHH, don't say that out loud, your going to Jinx it. 
Do you have any idea of how many chickens I will have to sacrifice for this slip of the tongue......   :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."