Author Topic: Your Favorite NFL Team......  (Read 26428 times)

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
Re: Your Favorite NFL Team......
« Reply #990 on: January 24, 2010, 10:11:17 PM »
Now that the emotional high and the booze is starting to wear down I just have to say.....

:salute Bret Farve for probably one of the toughest games of his career.
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #991 on: January 24, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »
Yea he will. But the play that really killed them and blew their chance in raegulation wasnt that play, was the 12 man in the huddle penalty. Without that. That play probably never happens.
And to Favres credit. to take the pure beating he took and still be able to play the way he did. Kinda hard to knock the man for that play. I mean how much further could he have run it. It still would have ended up being a VERY long feild goal attempt as I dont think he would have been able to make the first down.

Still. way too many mistakes. particularly the fumbles.  As good as AP is, if he cant get his fumbles corrected. I say trade him.

Vikes won the game in every statistical category cept for the two that matter most. Turnovers and points

Which really is a positive testament to both teams. For the Vikes To overcome that amount of penalties and end up taking the game to overtime with the real possibility to win it in regulation.
For the Saints. To be beaten in almost every category and still come out with a win.
Two great teams played in what has to be considered a "classic" This was what Championship games are supposed to be like.
:aok i'd have to agree except for the peterson comment
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:15:46 PM by cattb »
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #992 on: January 24, 2010, 10:15:53 PM »
Yea he will. But the play that really killed them and blew their chance in raegulation wasnt that play, was the 12 man in the huddle penalty. Without that. That play probably never happens.
And to Favres credit. to take the pure beating he took and still be able to play the way he did. Kinda hard to knock the man for that play. I mean how much further could he have run it. It still would have ended up being a VERY long feild goal attempt as I dont think he would have been able to make the first down.

Yeah Farve could have easily stayed out of the game after that really bad hit he took to his ankle, but the guy just got it taped up and came back in.  As for the INT Dred's right, should have never of even come to that, if they wouldn't have got the 12 man penalty the next play would have definitely been a run play to set up a FG attempt.  So I think a lot of the credit goes to Farve for keeping them in the game even with all the turnovers.

I also agree, if AP can't get his fumbling troubles under control trade him, he might be a great running back, but he cost to many turnovers to make it worth having him.  You can have tons of the greatest running plays, but it only takes a couple turnovers to lose a game.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #993 on: January 24, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »
Adrian Peterson fumbling the ball multiple times contributed more to loss IMO.

WTG Saints  very entertaining game!  Bourbon street dreaming! :cheers:

Agreed. Favre. Nor that interception lost that game. The fumbles and the injury to Giffen in the OT kickoff probably had far  more to do with it Actually in OT the injury to Griffen had everything to do with it. His replacement was a rookie and the Saits went right after him. as they should.
Then you could also look at the coaches for not Challenging one of the TDs by NO
Say he had run it. I think at best he gets them into something like a 56 yard FG attempt. Longwells long this season was 52

I cant in any way shape or form blame this loss on Favre, or that INT
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #994 on: January 24, 2010, 10:24:42 PM »
BTW Saints..

You better win the damn SB.
It feels a hell of alot better loosing the championship game to the SB winner then it does to the SB looser.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #995 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:05 PM »
BTW Saints..

You better win the damn SB.
It feels a hell of alot better loosing the championship game to the SB winner then it does to the SB looser.

I hope they do as well, at least for NFC sake. 
Manning better watch those films close, he probably will also experience the fiercest pass rush in his career this SB..

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #996 on: January 25, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »
I hope they do as well, at least for NFC sake. 
Manning better watch those films close, he probably will also experience the fiercest pass rush in his career this SB..

Manning going to eat that pass rush up. Look at what happend to the Jets. I want the saints to win but I pick Colts by 10.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #997 on: January 25, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »
ps- I have the saints taking the nfc this year.

THANK YOU....I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!!!!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #998 on: January 25, 2010, 12:29:54 AM »
THANK YOU....I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!!!!
Should have put some money down on that prediction, probably had some really good odds on it back then.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #999 on: January 25, 2010, 05:55:19 AM »
I don't understand why people think Manning and the Colts are perfect and the Saints aren't...now all my friends are telling me Saints don't have a chance in the superbowl vs the Colts...:lol
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #1000 on: January 25, 2010, 05:56:42 AM »
Adrian Peterson fumbling the ball multiple times contributed more to loss IMO.

WTG Saints  very entertaining game!  Bourbon street dreaming! :cheers:
Yes and the 100+ yards that the refs gave the vikes on us in penalties also did.

Edit:  Oh yeah, 1000th reply.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #1001 on: January 25, 2010, 06:23:24 AM »
Yes and the 100+ yards that the refs gave the vikes on us in penalties also did.

Edit:  Oh yeah, 1000th reply.
The Vikings were the ones who ended up taking the worse of it on penalties by the end of the game, they got that pass interference on a ball that was totally uncatchable, the 12 man huddle call, and so on so penalties hurt all the way around, not just towards the Saints.

If the Vikings didn't shoot themselves in the foot so many times this game actually wouldn't have even been close, how many times did the Vikings fumble the ball and the Saints score off it, or fumble in there own red zone as there about to score, or an INT, the Saints didn't beat the Vikings, it was the Vikings that beat the Vikings.  You can't say it's not right.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 06:28:04 AM by trax1 »

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #1002 on: January 25, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
The Vikings were the ones who ended up taking the worse of it on penalties by the end of the game, they got that pass interference on a ball that was totally uncatchable, the 12 man huddle call, and so on so penalties hurt all the way around, not just towards the Saints.

If the Vikings didn't shoot themselves in the foot so many times this game actually wouldn't have even been close, how many times did the Vikings fumble the ball and the Saints score off it, or fumble in there own red zone as there about to score, or an INT, the Saints didn't beat the Vikings, it was the Vikings that beat the Vikings.  You can't say it's not right.

To my mind, Childress doomed 'em with his playcall on second down on that final drive. They should've passed since the box was loaded and the Saints were clearly expecting run. They needed about ten yards. As it was, the run got stuffed and then, after the idiot 12-man penalty, they were down to 3rd and 15; an obvious passing down.

Even so, they were lucky/skillful to be in it, given the turnovers.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1003 on: January 25, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
If you play the odds, Colts by 4.

Unusual game, Top seeds are playing.

Also, Colts have been to the SB 4 times, all in Miami.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #1004 on: January 25, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »

Odds didnt get them where they are, they actually beat the odds against them. 

If they stack the odds against them in the SB, that will just make them play harder.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."