Author Topic: Lancaster defensive tactics  (Read 7111 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lancaster defensive tactics
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »
i've never seen anyone release bombs while inverted. if this happens, you should've probably reported it as a bug. 

see the above picture was taken yesterday by me, in the main arena.

as for you getting outturned by 110's? you should try them first. their simply being flown better.

Actually was complaining about me being able to use 110's and mossies to outturn fiters.  I actually dont fly them much anymore and sure as heck dont let any hero trying to up his score by using a 110 or mossie in furball :)

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »
let me correct your spelling > fiter = fighter

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 03:15:40 PM »
let me correct your spelling > fiter = fighter

i guess you prolly didnt  play AW, it was fiter and prolly was a short for probably.  same as using lol, omg, imho, u get the idea.  Only thing i really hate in ah more than running ponies is people trying pretend to be english teachers, specially when they can't form a proper sentence. and i say that in a good way  ;).  sorry to sound grouchy I have a bad back and pain pills havent kicked in yet.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 03:23:49 PM »
This isn't Air Warrior so all typing "fiter" does is make you look uneducated.  As to you out turning Spitfires in a Mosquito, your opponents lacked skill.  It is not possible in AH for the Mosquito to match a Spitfire in a flat turn when both are flown to their limits.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »
also note that A Lancaster WILL out turn a spitfire at low speeds . The Lancaster was know for very very good handling at low speed . I was possible to slow a Lancaster even at 80mph  as demonstrated by the Avro test pilots to RAF bomber command.
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
see the above picture was taken yesterday by me, in the main arena.

Actually was complaining about me being able to use 110's and mossies to outturn fiters.  I actually dont fly them much anymore and sure as heck dont let any hero trying to up his score by using a 110 or mossie in furball :)

semp

THEN you're not flat turning. or they're very new.

you may have dipped your nose a couple degrees, and that's all it takes to b uild e.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 04:30:50 PM »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »
This isn't Air Warrior so all typing "fiter" does is make you look uneducated.  As to you out turning Spitfires in a Mosquito, your opponents lacked skill.  It is not possible in AH for the Mosquito to match a Spitfire in a flat turn when both are flown to their limits.

does the way you structure your sentence make you look uneducated?  are you? prolly not, but before you try to correct somebody else make sure you know how to properly structure a sentence. We are not here to learnt to spellt, we here to have a good time and drink a few with a couple of friends.

also note that A Lancaster WILL out turn a spitfire at low speeds . The Lancaster was know for very very good handling at low speed . I was possible to slow a Lancaster even at 80mph  as demonstrated by the Avro test pilots to RAF bomber command.

so true b3yt, so true.  also the lanc would have an advantage that at that speed, most likely the spitfire would not be able to fire or be very close to not been able to fire its weapons without stalling.  I remember reading about a p38 and a 109 basically playing "ring around the roses", i believe at that speed (80, or close to it) , and neither one being able to fire.  I read that the p38 pilot just basically took a risk and flew away and tried to go as fast as it could and was surprised ,when he looked over his shoulder, that the 109 was doing the same thing in the oposite direction.

semp
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 04:56:23 PM by guncrasher »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 07:09:53 PM »
I wasn't joking.  Your spelling coupled with your claims really does affect how people respond to you.  If you don't care that you come across as an ignorant love muffin who makes claims that are completely wrong, that is your call.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 09:00:02 PM »
Semp,

Did you look at Lusche's charts :aok,had he included the 110 you'd have seen that it doesnt "out turn" a spit either.

So your claims of "out turning" are just not possible.However it is possible to out fly a single engine fighter with a twin engine aircraft,again depending on who's controling the said aircraft.

:salute

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 09:28:42 PM »
The 110C actually had a fairly light wingloading by WWII standards. Its fatal flaw in the turning was stiff controls at at speed.

In AHII, airplane control authority does not degrade with speed as much as it does in some other sims...our pilot seems to quite alot of upper body strength! :D 110s, or 109s for that matter, don't experience any loss of elevator effectiveness outside of airspeeds you have to dive to reach. This makes control stiffness at high speed *much* less of a concern.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »
...   Did you look at Lusche's charts :aok,had he included the 110 you'd have seen that it doesnt "out turn" a spit either.
 So your claims of "out turning" are just not possible....

If you look you can see that the radius of each airplanes turn overlaps for a small bit and inside of that envelope (only) it is possible. It is also possible that the perception online was that the aircraft out turned the other when in fact one was not turning as tightly as the other for whatever reason.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 09:33:06 PM »
The 110C actually had a fairly light wingloading by WWII standards. Its fatal flaw in the turning was stiff controls at at speed.

In AHII, airplane control authority does not degrade with speed as much as it does in some other sims...our pilot seems to quite alot of upper body strength! :D 110s, or 109s for that matter, don't experience any loss of elevator effectiveness outside of airspeeds you have to dive to reach. This makes control stiffness at high speed *much* less of a concern.

And the fact that 109 pilots in Aces High have tons more leverage compared to the restricted leverage in the real planes doesnt hurt.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »
And the fact that 109 pilots in Aces High have tons more leverage compared to the restricted leverage in the real planes doesnt hurt.

On this issue, its basically a judgment call based on how strong on the stick the pixelated pile-it is. Il2 leans pretty far one way on this issue, AHII leans pretty far the opposite. Honestly, I kind of like Il2's approach better because it means good high-speed controls are actually an advantage in a situation besides a power-dive and it means pilots of certain airplanes have to do more than simply avoid opening the throttle and pointing the nose at the Earth to say out of trouble...but admittedly it is a fuzzy issue.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2009, 10:30:33 PM »
I wasn't joking.  Your spelling coupled with your claims really does affect how people respond to you.  If you don't care that you come across as an ignorant love muffin who makes claims that are completely wrong, that is your call.

You misspelledt one word and had  one run-on sentence and two inprperly structured sentences, and you call me jack ass.  If you had bother to read the thread, you would have found out that my main complain was about the ability to dive bomb or release bombs while upside down.  not out turning fiters in some buff or lite buff.  but then again ace, you are  the expert and I am the noob love muffin.  But at least I am not an educated person who tries to put somebody down, just because you disagree on how a word is spellet?  that ace just makes you... (and please insert any big word that you feel confortable).  and that's the end of this for me.  I leave your with this picture feel free to make any comments.  maybe there's a chart somewhere that can prove how this is possible, or maybe I am just making another baseless claim.