Author Topic: Updated ENY values for Planes  (Read 5862 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Updated ENY values for Planes
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 09:36:58 PM »
I agree about the 109K-4 ENY.  Maybe it would have made more sense to lower the K-4 to 15 and leave the G-14 at 20.  But since neither of these aircraft are as popular as some other rides, I'm not going to sweat it.

As for the P-51D ENY, keep things in perspective.  The P-51B will still be available almost all of the time, and if you really want to fly the P-51D that much when the sides are uneven, you can always switch chess pieces.

As for the P-51D's capabilities, it's a fantastic energy fighter that's quite dominating with only a decent stick at the controls, able to engage and disengage at will.  I get 1 pass kills with it frequently, and at range.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »
You posted all these charts without WEP...how deliberately and maliciously deceptive can you get?  :rofl :rofl Further, the D9, Typhoon, and La7 all typically rack up a higher k/d than the Pony most tours.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 09:42:25 PM »
As for the P-51D's capabilities, it's a fantastic energy fighter that's quite dominating with only a decent stick at the controls, able to engage and disengage at will.  I get 1 pass kills with it frequently, and at range.

A fantastic energy fighter? What game have you been playing Anax? Its thrust/weight is lower than that almost any other LW plane. Nor does  it retain E exceptionally well in turns like a 152, nor does it have the torquelessness advantage of the 38 in the vertical, and as for its zoom climb, it is demonstrable that the P-51D zooms no better and no worse than most any other single-engine plane co-speed. So what exactly qualifies it as a "fantastic E fighter?", tell me my friend? Simultaneously it is inferior to everything in angles except the 190 family. Its only quality that is even impressive by LW standards is speed, and even there it slower than the unperked 190D9, La7, Typhoon, 109K4, with the P-47N and Yak only a tick behind.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:48:09 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »
You posted all these charts without WEP...how deliberately and maliciously deceptive can you get?  :rofl :rofl Further, the D9, Typhoon, and La7 all typically rack up a higher k/d than the Pony most tours.

I didn't realize WEP was that important, I only use it when I really need to get somewhere fast.  However if you wish for WEP:

Climb:

So, yes, it gets its butt handed to it by WEP in those planes, but I didn't think people went around running WEP their entire flight.  I'm just throwing facts in here, so I'm taking no sides as far as the ENY for the plane.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 09:53:43 PM »
You forgot the Kurfurst...

The amount of action in the MA is inversely proportional to the altitude, 0-12K being the most vital 12-15K being much rarer, anything over 20K is almost unheard of. So, you have demonstrated that there are multiple unperked planes that are as fast or faster than the PonyD throughought much or all of the important band of altitudes for the MA, and all of them except the D9 are more maneuverable, and all of them except the Typhoon demonstrate a superior climb rate in that band. Despite these facts, the highest ENY value is assigned to the P-51D. This make sense to anyone?

I didn't realize WEP was that important, I only use it when I really need to get somewhere fast.  However if you wish for WEP:

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Climb:

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

So, yes, it gets its butt handed to it by WEP in those planes, but I didn't think people went around running WEP their entire flight.  I'm just throwing facts in here, so I'm taking no sides as far as the ENY for the plane.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »
I agree about the 109K-4 ENY.  Maybe it would have made more sense to lower the K-4 to 15 and leave the G-14 at 20.  

That would have been my proposal too. 109G-14 with ENY 25 now in same league with FW 190A5 and A8 and just little better than 109F-4 & G-2? Not really, I think.
G-14 at 20 and K-4 (best climber and fastest prop plane in game from 8-24k!) at 15 would have been a bit more reasonable to me.

I do like the changes to P-47N, Ta 152, 190A-8, Wirbelwind/Ostwind. And, of course, the Hurri II C in EW.
I'm quite surprised about the P-51D, La-7, N1K and Ki-84 adjustments.
I'm disappointed about XiV still being perked, and the still quite unbalanced perk value ratio between Firefly and Tiger.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:56:29 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 10:10:01 PM »
Learn to fly and stick with just one high eny ride.. And you never have to worry about eny values...  :D

<S>...-Gixer

Online Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 10:18:08 PM »
Learn to fly and stick with just one high eny ride.. And you never have to worry about eny values...  :D

<S>...-Gixer

Gixer, you flying on the Soviet Side of the next scenario?
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »
Gixer, you flying on the Soviet Side of the next scenario?

Unfortunately due to time zone difference and weekend commitments means I'm out of scenarios.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
LA-5 went to 25ENY, and Spit mk.5 upped to 30. Landed a few kills in both rides earlier today  :aok
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
The changes to the N-Jug, Ta-152, and P-38 ENY are sensible and long over-due. Thank you.

Yes, the airplane which even its most successful exponent describes as mediocre for LW has had its ENY lowered to 5, while the La7's ENY has been *raised* to 8!!! That is right folks, the P-51D now has a lower ENY than an airplane that is decidedly faster, has a much better t/w, and turns vastly better at typical MA alts. This is like having the ENY of the F4U-4 be lower than that of the P-47N. The 109 K4, an airplane that is by all objective standards verging on needing a perk, has its ENY remain at 20 while the very fine LW ride the G-14 has had its ENY raised to 25...the same league as 190-A5s and D-Jugs!!! The 190D9, an aircraft which consistently gets the highest k/d amongst non-perked aircraft month to month, has seen its ENY remain at 15. So in all honesty, I think we're in one-step forward, two-steps back territory with the ENY.

Perhaps they considered more things than just speed, t/w and turning ability.  Possibly range, ord carrying capability and other factors played into the decision.

I'm not saying I agree with this particular change or not but don't post biased arguments based on the limited numer of factors that you view as important (or that you believe the gullible will blindly accept to support your argument).  This is the "perk the Spit XVI" argument all over again.  How about posting your argument with all factors considered and tested (i.e. speed at varying alts, turn radius and turn rate at various alts, roll rate, gun package, gun duration, ord capability, climb rate at various alts, range...)  There's more to a plane than speed and turning capability.  If there wasn't we wouldn't be cursing RV-8's with 20mm cannons or sharks with freaking lazer beams on their heads.

BTW, the LA-7 isn't "decidedly faster" at all alts.

:salute
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 10:51:30 PM »
Whats an LA7?
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »

I didn't realize WEP was that important, I only use it when I really need to get somewhere fast.

WEP always matter when your comparting against LW planes.  190's and 109's WEP last so long it is most often in use for the duration of the fight when at full throttle.
Hopper

JG/11

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 11:53:37 PM »
I skimmed the thread so I apologize if it's come up, but the one factor that seems to be absent from the discussion so far is the load carrying ability of the aircraft and what potential that may have.  True the 51D is not the best at typical MA altitudes, but it can sling 2000lbs of bombs under it's wings, something the la7, and 190D can't do.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:45 AM »
The changes to the N-Jug, Ta-152, and P-38 ENY are sensible and long over-due. Thank you.

Yes, the airplane which even its most successful exponent describes as mediocre for LW has had its ENY lowered to 5, while the La7's ENY has been *raised* to 8!!! That is right folks, the P-51D now has a lower ENY than an airplane that is decidedly faster, has a much better t/w, and turns vastly better at typical MA alts. This is like having the ENY of the F4U-4 be lower than that of the P-47N. The 109 K4, an airplane that is by all objective standards verging on needing a perk, has its ENY remain at 20 while the very fine LW ride the G-14 has had its ENY raised to 25...the same league as 190-A5s and D-Jugs!!! The 190D9, an aircraft which consistently gets the highest k/d amongst non-perked aircraft month to month, has seen its ENY remain at 15. So in all honesty, I think we're in one-step forward, two-steps back territory with the ENY.
ENY is primarily based on that thing you dismiss as meaningless, usage.  We have argued about that before and I continue to think you undervalue it, no, I think you completely dismiss it.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-